Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Possibly _vital_ info on Progesterone

Hi all,

Beverley.Rose pointed me at a very useful website

http://www.gires.org.uk/transpeople.php

that contained this paper:

http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/Medpro-As...terone.pdf

From the look of it, progesterone would seem to be a bad idea for most of us. (Life-threatening for some! I'm specifically ruled out with asthma)

If you haven't seen it already, it's worth a look.

I know some people have experimented with it for shaping the breasts - this appears to be a misconception - all explained therein.

B.

That is a great article. It is clear and explains a lot. Everyone should read it.

Thanks

Beverley

Great read... definitely changes my opinion on dosing progesterone but one thing is also certain ... that I need to introduce prolactin via fenugreek back into my regiment. Also i was starting to diet and do aerobic workouts on an elliptical to maintain my weight but ill probably just stick to walking/biking to work and the occassional elliptical workout. I feel as though my body has responded extremely well even though I havent reached my visionary goal in the past year ive made considerable progress and could more than content transforming at this rate for the rest of my life. Im sticking to the recommended dose of 1000mg a day most of the month and ramping during the middle, but progesterone seems out of the question now.

Hi there,

glad it was useful. Lovely avatar!

B. x

I was just reading this pdf over again and something came to my attention:

Page 2: it reads that it takes approximately 2 to 3 years to achieve the majority of breast growth at age 13. Until stage 4, the growth of the breast in a girl takes place with the same oestrogen level as an adult male.

Us bio males obviously have testosterone which blocks the effects of oestrogen, which has been stated numerous times but it seems to me that getting proper a proper anti-androgen is the most important part of this process. We could probably get by on a low dose of PM if our T-Levels were in control.

I've only been taking saw palmetto/pygeum and I do have slow breast growth so it appears as it's doing what I intend for it to. Is there a way to check your T-Levels though? I would be interested to know. Karen mentioned knowing how her T-Levels were low or high, is this only possible through a doctor?

Which then also leads to: Are we taking too much of a dose to be beneficial whatsoever and probably even more harmful as excess then gets converted back into testosterone.

Can I just point anyone who hasn't seen it already, to Chrishoney's post over on Cheryl's site, where there are links to loads of sites putting a different viewpoint.

It's the second post on this page:
http://cherylsbreasttalk.myfastforum.org...asc-10.php

Hi All,

just to let you know that I went through Chrishoney's links and replaced them with ones that work.

Most of the criticisms seem to hinge on the Curtis paper not distinguishing between natural progesterone and synthetic (which seems to be bad/very bad), and whether or not progesterone improves breast shape.

I don't know if the NHS is more likely to prescribe sythetic progesterone or not, but it seems to me that there are enough caveats about the issue to warrant a substantial amount of research.

I'm happy to be ingesting the powder from a root that's been used as a vegetable by the North Thai people for donkey's years without ill effects - in fact with a lower than average incidence of breast cancer. If ever I get to the position of wanting to improve my shape (unlikely) I'd probably want to play around with a natural progesterone that had also been eaten regularly by other people too.

Anyway, if you've been trying to find those links, they are all at

http://cherylsbreasttalk.myfastforum.org...736-20.php

Finally, as I replied to Chrishoney:

" I still think that it was worth highlighting the issue as something that people really ought to think about before experimenting with. What you've highlighted is a lot more useful than simply pointing out that the area is controversial Wink

At the very least it's worth knowing about the difference between natural and sythetics, so I'm glad I brought it up anyway Smile "

TTFN

B.x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon