Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

An emotional few days

Hi Chrissie,

(12-11-2011, 01:31 AM)chrissie Wrote:  The idea, when I read through these threads, that I found hardest, to comprehend, is of crossdressing. I do not cross dress; I have no desire to crossdress.

When I use the term, it is to discuss the situation where I, presenting as a genetic male, temporarily don the clothing of a woman. According to Dr Vitale, this is one of the ways that gender anxiety is relieved when the brain senses the testosterone level is "too high" for a female. Now that you are living the life that your brain expects, cross-dressing no longer means that to you. In your case, it would be wearing men's clothing. It's just terminology

(12-11-2011, 01:31 AM)chrissie Wrote:  This thread started with my revulsion at wearing trousers. I dress as the woman I am, passage. To me, PM has liberateted me, to be me. Befpre coming out, I never felt a great need to cross-dress. What I did feel, was an overwhelming desire, to live as a woman. When I started to take PM, it was in the hope that it would create a situation, where I had one choce; to live as a woman and it has worked. Now I live a life that is more fullfiled, than I knew possible.

That's great! If I was single, no kids, and had the money to make myself look acceptable, that's what I would do.

(12-11-2011, 01:31 AM)chrissie Wrote:  Coming out is terrifyingly hard. The problem is that, it is an immovable force of nature; to resist, courts disaster. This is why I am strongly of the view, that the sooner it is confronted, the better; to suppress it, in the end, will cause more problems, that it cures; in particular, when it has gone as far as taking PM.

I've come to the conclusion that by accepting the need for feminising hormones, pretty much indefinitely, I have come out. The question is, do I need to dress as a female, put on the makeup, and change my name to feel sorted?

My theory, and I admit I am new to this, but I'm a damn good researcher, is that part of coming out requires the use of female hormones, and this is the key part to relieving the "pressure cooker". By adjusting the hormone levels, you adjust the mental balance. All else is just fashion.

As far as I'm concerned, I can quite easily take the role of a female play-acting the part of a male for an extended period.

As I've said earlier, clothing is merely the means by which we hide our nakedness, and need not define us. How did cavemen express their masculinity or feminity, or the tribes in Africa and South America that run around in loin cloths? With breasts and penises of course. Well, it looks like I'm going to have both, and with my hormone levels adjusted, I'll have the ability to play-act my role without self-destructing.

Think of Elizabethan times. Shakespeare's female parts could not be played by women - it wasn't allowed. So Juliet had to be played by a young lad. With me it's the other way around. In my mind, I'm Juliet, and with PM, I'm now comfortable with that. It's just that I will now be playing Romeo for the forseeable future. (Perhaps Agatha Christie's "Mousetrap" would have been a better analogy. Big Grin )

But the real kicker is this. I can pass as a man. I've been doing a reasonable job all my life. (as long as people didn't realise what a softy I was and how easily I cried) But as a woman I would be U-G-L-Y. I would look like like I had been beaten with the original ugly stick.

(We're of an age so you've probably seen the "Hunchback of Notre Dame" What kind of a job do you think Charles Laughton could have done playing Esmerelda?)

So, even if I could persuade my family to accept me as a woman, and climbed that Everest, I would not be able to climb the Mons Olympus of being able to look in the mirror at myself without either cracking up with laughter or cracking the mirror in disgust!

I would not even give it a microsecond's consideration without FFS which is not available on the NHS. And all that for how many years before I go into the knacker's yard? To me, it's just not worth it.

(12-11-2011, 01:31 AM)chrissie Wrote:  Is it better to have a transsexual parent, or a dead one; just look at the suicide statistics?

That's the question I will put to my kids when/if my breasts get large enough for them to notice. I'll explain the reason for the past 15 years of gradual decline and how rebalancing my hormone levels has sorted my brain out. My wife agrees that I couldn't be expected to go back to not taking them for this reason (my original plan with her was to get small boobs, not noticeable to the kids, and go on to maintenance), and, although he doesn't know why yet, my son has noticed the marked improvement in my personality, so when he eventually gets the explanation he will be in a good position to understand.

However, I will reassure them that it is the only change they will have to deal with, (Dad's not going to suddenly look like Widow Twankey) and, if they prefer, I will get a double mastectomy. I really hope and expect that they would not want me to go through potentially dangerous surgery for the sake of appearances, especially as so many men get "moobs" through obesity, drink, drugs, plastics, xenoestrogens etc nowadays. After all, there's a chance that you won't wake up from any operation - look at Olvia Goldsmith... never woke up from the liposuction op - vanity can kill.

I'm pretty sure that you won't agree with this perspective, because you have found your solution, and it works for you, and many others, so it must be tempting to think that it will work for all transsexuals.

But, as I said before, I'd rather be a dead husband/parent than an estranged husband/parent. We are very close and loving, and I would not be able to live a happy life by myself, however fulfilled physically that would make me. I would just be moving the reason for contemplating suicide from one part of my life to another! And to make the decision to live as a woman would risk that, and I'm not prepared to take that risk under any circumstances.

(12-11-2011, 01:31 AM)chrissie Wrote:  This is like a pressure cooker and, unless you release the pressure, something will give. This is why I am such an advocate of support groups.

Believe it or not, Chrissie, I have found this very forum a brilliant support group. I found out about PM, I then discovered it sorted my head out, I found Julies' reference to Anne Vitali, I went to her web site, discovered after many decades that I am indeed a transsexual, not a TV, and, being an extremely logical and rational person, have worked out the via media of the rest of my life. I honestly feel that the pressure has been released from the cooker, and the only reason that I am still here is because I enjoy chatting with you wonderful people!

If you want further proof, compare the confident tone expressed in this posting with my earlier ones - you can search for them all - and look at the anxiety I was expressing in them, unsure what to do, worried about my kidneys, relationships etc. The anxiety is all gone now. Sorted. Rejoice!

I don't say my decision will work for anyone else, and wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

TTFN

B. xxx

Bravo
What a superb post
Julie
100% agree

Hi Bryony,
Well said, thank you.

This section in particular caught my eye:

(12-11-2011, 02:33 AM)bryony Wrote:  I've come to the conclusion that by accepting the need for feminising hormones, pretty much indefinitely, I have come out. The question is, do I need to dress as a female, put on the makeup, and change my name to feel sorted?

My theory, and I admit I am new to this, but I'm a damn good researcher, is that part of coming out requires the use of female hormones, and this is the key part to relieving the "pressure cooker". By adjusting the hormone levels, you adjust the mental balance. All else is just fashion.

Although I identify myself as being NOT TS, I have been disappointed that my need to cross-dress has evaporated now that I actually have something to give the right shape to female clothes.

However looking into myself more deeply I have recently been able to put things into perspective, and although I have lost the NEED to CROSS-DRESS, I have not lost the pleasure of wearing 'female' clothing, it just no longer feels like 'female' clothing, just 'clothing'.

Like most folks of either gender, I don't want to look like a freak and get stared and pointed at, and my face and head doesn't fit the rest of my female look, so I dress to suit the occasion. If I'm around the house, I can and do wear heels, female trousers and blouse/jumper most of the time. If I'm going out, I wear male shoes, trousers and shirt/jumper, and if I was going somewhere that it was acceptable I would get myself all dolled up.

I'm comfortable with this and I don't NEED to put on a face that doesn't fit and shove it in other people's faces in a way that shouts, "I'm female and don't you dare deny it" but in reality simply makes me look like a stupid freak.

(12-11-2011, 09:20 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Hi Bryony,
Well said, thank you.

You're welcome! Smile

Quote:Although I identify myself as being NOT TS, I have been disappointed that my need to cross-dress has evaporated now that I actually have something to give the right shape to female clothes.

Are you sure you're not? That response is classic TS, and your finger digit ratio, although the mean for males, is still within the lower 25% of females according to the Normal Percentile Calculator

It could be that you got more prenatal androgen than I did, but less than most males. A "normal" male would experience anxiety taking feminising doses, like I do without it. Chrissie is definitely right about embracing your condition - now that I can accept what I am, it's even more of a relief than taking hormones alone. It's just the external guise to the world theme that is an issue for debate.

Also, why be disappointed? Why not be happy that something that was controlling you against your will is now something that you can control yourself, and still enjoy if you want to?

Imagine this: (it's not a bad analogy) You are addicted to crack cocaine.
A scientist discovers a drug that totally removes your physical and psychological dependence on it, and thereafter you are now free to take it or leave it. It becomes an enjoyable experience that you can indulge in after dinner or not as you wish, and you don't get a compulsion to rush out to a toilet for a fix anymore. Which would you prefer?

Quote:However looking into myself more deeply I have recently been able to put things into perspective, and although I have lost the NEED to CROSS-DRESS, I have not lost the pleasure of wearing 'female' clothing, it just no longer feels like 'female' clothing, just 'clothing'.

So what's the problem? Smile
I know I would thoroughly enjoy it if I didn't feel self-conscious about other people! (which unfortunately includes my critical eye!)

Honestly, you may as well identify as TS. It really is a relief. Embrace it as one of life's conditions to deal with... which you are, and it gives me great hope!

B. x

Ah yes ineed and I applaud the point
My only concern is does pm

Help and assist or make you more female brained ?

Julie

(12-11-2011, 01:21 PM)bryony Wrote:  Chrissie is definitely right about embracing your condition - now that I can accept what I am, it's even more of a relief than taking hormones alone.

Also, why be disappointed? Why not be happy that something that was controlling you against your will is now something that you can control yourself, and still enjoy if you want to?

Thanks.
To just comment on these few points...

I've always been comfortable with what and who I am. Even back when I was in my early pubescent teens, sneaking into mothers/sisters clothes when I got chance never felt 'wrong', even if I was scared of getting caught! So in that sense I have always embraced it and enjoyed it.

Disappointed because I always wanted a female figure to be able to wear the clothes I enjoyed wearing, and now I have it (almost) I no longer get the same pleasure as I did before from the female clothes - as I said before, now they are simply 'clothes'. I may have a contentment with the shape of my body but I've lost that sense of pleasure.

The one thing I would say very definitely is that nothing was controlling me against my will...it was always simply a part of me and I enjoyed it.

Whats the problem? Well, nothing really, in the sense that we can never have everything we want and I've traded one thing for another. I'm not sure that i have made a net gain though.

(12-11-2011, 01:24 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Ah yes ineed and I applaud the point
My only concern is does pm

Help and assist or make you more female brained ?

Julie

definitely helps and assists. Not sure about the "or" though. If the question is "does it help and assist" or "does it help and assist and make you more female-brained" I don't know yet, but I don't particularly care. As long as I can rationalise without feeling depressed or anxious, it doesn't really matter if my brain becomes more feminine. At 59 there isn't a lot to worry about. I'm not going to have any more kids, and I'm not going to have any affairs so it's irrelevant whether my brain gets reprogrammed to find men more attractive. After all, I've got as much chance of chatting up (who's current? Zac Efron? Smile ) as Lyndsy Fonseca !!

Like I said, I wouldn't necessarily recommend my solution to others... I've just found something that, right now, appears to work for me. This situation may change - I hope not.

One major change that I've experienced is how upbeat I've become!

I was thinking today that I'd rather be taking PM 4-6 times a day than injecting myself with insulin. Anyone who knows me would know that to be a serious change in personality...

TTFN

B.x

(12-11-2011, 03:33 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(12-11-2011, 01:21 PM)bryony Wrote:  Chrissie is definitely right about embracing your condition - now that I can accept what I am, it's even more of a relief than taking hormones alone.

Thanks.
To just comment on these few points...

I've always been comfortable with what and who I am. Even back when I was in my early pubescent teens, sneaking into mothers/sisters clothes when I got chance never felt 'wrong', even if I was scared of getting caught! So in that sense I have always embraced it and enjoyed it.

Disappointed because I always wanted a female figure to be able to wear the clothes I enjoyed wearing, and now I have it (almost) I no longer get the same pleasure as I did before from the female clothes - as I said before, now they are simply 'clothes'. I may have a contentment with the shape of my body but I've lost that sense of pleasure.

The one thing I would say very definitely is that nothing was controlling me against my will...it was always simply a part of me and I enjoyed it.

Whats the problem? Well, nothing really, in the sense that we can never have everything we want and I've traded one thing for another. I'm not sure that i have made a net gain though.

Ok, I get that. Well, if it will help, I can tell you that it takes very little time for me to regain my previous feelings when I stop taking PM. A much shorter time than it took Sfem to start losing volume. On the other hand, once back on PM she almost immediately started to feel "full" again.

What I suggest you try is coming off PM long enough to regain your attraction to clothes, and immediately go back on the maintenance dose until it becomes boring again, and cycle. If my theory is right, you won't lose volume, but you may go "on heat" for a while every month - which should feel a bit more feminine, eh?

Worth a try, I feel.

TTFN

B.x

(12-11-2011, 03:51 PM)bryony Wrote:  Ok, I get that. Well, if it will help, I can tell you that it takes very little time for me to regain my previous feelings when I stop taking PM. A much shorter time than it took Sfem to start losing volume. On the other hand, once back on PM she almost immediately started to feel "full" again.

What I suggest you try is coming off PM long enough to regain your attraction to clothes, and immediately go back on the maintenance dose until it becomes boring again, and cycle. If my theory is right, you won't lose volume, but you may go "on heat" for a while every month - which should feel a bit more feminine, eh?

B.x

Unfortunately, for me the volume loss comes before the feeling return. Back in May, I stopped for 4 weeks, but noticeably had lost volume after about 2 or so and started PM again at 4 because I couldn't bear the volume loss any longer. It was only about the same 4 week mark that I also started feeling I wanted to dress again, and although that lasted for probably another couple of weeks, it tailed off without me realising. (It is just possible that the 'need' to get the boobs back and the 'need' to dress are part of the same 'need' to express my female side, which is why they expressed themselves at the same time, but it could also be just coincidence).

That was the basis for me talking about the possibility of other herbs having a different mental effect and trying to ride that cross-over point that way, but it doesn't look as though it is possible.

The only other plan I have thought of, is to use PM to actually get bigger than I really want to be and then stop in the hope that the resultant volume loss drops me back to where I do want to be and also allows the other feelings to surface, but that will probably end up with a horrible droopy shapeSad

(12-11-2011, 06:31 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  That was the basis for me talking about the possibility of other herbs having a different mental effect and trying to ride that cross-over point that way, but it doesn't look as though it is possible.

Hmm. Well, the Vitale paper on "Testosterone Toxicity" leads me to suppose that you could try something to temporarily boost your testosterone. What about Pueraria Butea?

B.x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon