Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

quick question about break outs

I just got a pimple on my face and one on my butt. i've been taking RC and SP with FG for the past 3 days i got that. sorry a bit puzzled by the whole thing.

Girls and women get pimples as well. Why shouldn't you get a pimple?

I am puzzled as to why you are puzzled

Beverley

Increase SP: an anti-androgen stops pimples.

I have struggled with acne, in particular, this year. I think the causes are incredibly complex. Hormones, stress and foundation are all suspects; probably in combination. However, I went for a course of microdermabraision and it looks as if the real problem is that I have a very oily skin and tend to lay down a very thick top layer of dead skin. QED, don't worry too much, but seek the right help. It's worked for me.

(02-10-2011, 09:18 AM)beverley.rose Wrote:  Girls and women get pimples as well. Why shouldn't you get a pimple?

I am puzzled as to why you are puzzled

Beverley

Because I'm no longer 16 and ever since i was like 22 all the acne stopped. until started messing with SP.

(02-10-2011, 10:01 PM)chrissie Wrote:  ... the real problem is that I have a very oily skin and tend to lay down a very thick top layer of dead skin. QED, don't worry too much, but seek the right help. It's worked for me.

Or buy these http://www.boots.com/en/Beauty/Accessori...ng-Gloves/

Tescos stock them as well and they are great. Soak in the shower and then rub the gloves with non-scented soap and then rub your skin vigorously using the gloves and all the dead, oily skin just comes off leaving lovely soft, smooth skin. After drying apply a decent moisturiser like Dove or E45

Beverley

I know I should know this. What is SP?

(04-10-2011, 02:22 PM)vmiku914 Wrote:  I know I should know this. What is SP?

Saw Palmetto. It acts as an anti-androgen and prevents the conversion of Testoterone to DHT (a much stronger form of T). DHT is what makes the hair on your head fall out and seems to be implicated in prostate problems.

Taking SP seems to stop scalp hair loss and prostate issues. The excess T that is NOT converted to DHT seems to be converted to oestrogen via something called the aromatase reaction.

Beverley

Interesting... I should be taking this. Thank you

(04-10-2011, 03:00 PM)beverley.rose Wrote:  
(04-10-2011, 02:22 PM)vmiku914 Wrote:  I know I should know this. What is SP?

Saw Palmetto. It acts as an anti-androgen and prevents the conversion of Testoterone to DHT (a much stronger form of T). DHT is what makes the hair on your head fall out and seems to be implicated in prostate problems.

Taking SP seems to stop scalp hair loss and prostate issues.

As ever we are all different, but although in theory DHT is implicated in baldness, I don't think anyone has reported that SP actually makes any real difference to MPB. I suspect that excess DHT may be responsible initially but it's almost irreversible once it takes hold. Certainly after taking SP for a year it has made no difference whatsoever to my head although it has reduced leg hair growth a bit.

On the subject of prostate problems, I do suffer from that as well, and again, a year on SP, plus my prescribed medication which I have been on by itself for quite few years previously has made no difference at all. However, by coincidence I had a couple of really amusing experiences this morning:
As I said, I've had a minor enlarged prostate condition for quite a few years, nothing serious, just incipient old age showing! Smile Take medication for it and have a yearly blood test and check up, which was this morning, everything fine.

Since I've had no change in symptoms one way or the other for half a dozen years, the quack decided that just maybe it would be worth trying something else as well, so I said, "Ok, I'm happy to give it a go, what is it?" "Finasteride. It's an anti-androgen" he said, "There are almost no side effects, although it may reduce erections", he said, "Oh and some people do report hot flushes" he said!!!! So trying hard to keep a straight face, off I went to the chemist with my prescriptions.

New pharmacist on duty today, youngish chap, looked at the paperwork and pulled the boxes off the shelf, checked the quantities, etc, then leaned over the counter and half whispered,
"New medication for you?"
"Yes, this one is",
"What did the the doctor say about taking them? "
"He just said take one a day" ,
"Ah... well, they are um... an... ummm... anti-androgen",
"Yes I know that",
"Well, you might find that... errr..."

At this point he taps his chest with both hands,

"...um... your chest might get a bit... well... sore, um... swollen",
"Oh yes, he did mention hot flushes",
"Yes, that as well..." ,
"OK, Thanks!

Staggered outside and nearly fell over laughing, came home, told my wife and she nearly collapsed with laughter too! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon