Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Cover stories for buying herbs? (archive thread)

Cover stories for buying herbs?
May 19 2007 at 9:48 AM
Moonstruck (Login moonstruck61)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, buying stuff online is not so bad but I would rather buy it locally if I can.

Some things I can find at the grocery store and Walmart. To avoid uncomfortable conversations/questions at the check out stand, pick a cashier that is some young kid. Young girls (teens) are nice but it's remotely possible they have know what "Black Cohosh" is normally used for, not likely but possible. Sometimes they'll have teenage boys running a register if they are busy, it's best to use them vs the girls because the boys certainly have no clue on earth what those herbs are all about. At all costs avoid middle aged and older women, they darn sure know what those herbs are for and are likely to comment about it.. Ooooops!

In a lot of cases this will work but the problem gets worse when you seek out the more exotic herbs, stuff that the grocery store and Walmart do NOT carry. In these cases you may have to go to a health food store in town.

I've been to a few of them over the years, (not to buy herbs for fem) and a salesperson ALWAYS scoots over at light speed to hover over your shoulder, play 20 questions and dish out advice. Oh, and they also attempt to sell you anything they can after the "bright lights and rubber hose treatment"...

Well, I want to pick up some of the more exotic herbs but it would be nice to go in and when pressed by the nosy salesperson WHY I want an herb for females, to be able to respond with an answer that's legit and will stand up to their scrutiny.

For instance, I've read that Black Cohosh is potentially useful in the relief of rheumatoid arthritis. I think that's what I read but I'm probably wrong. So when Ms. Nosy Sales insists on knowing why I want BC I can tell her it's for arthritis and she'll be happy and shut up about it. I don't want to just tell them to "piss off" and mind their own business, tempted though I may be.

So, well all know that all these various herbs are phytoestrogens and that they'll feminize us. Right.
What we REALLY NEED TO KNOW is what are legitimate reasons for an otherwise "normal male" (if there is such a thing) to be taking these feminizing phytoestrogens.

Maybe we can all pitch in and with our collective knowledge, print up some crib notes to take with us to avoid uncomfortable conversations.

Some of us may not care at all and will barge in to the store with Tammy Fay Bakker Tarantula eyelashes, a moo moo and chomping a Cuban cigar and ask the lady "Say sister, where's the titty pills?" LoL!!

But I'll bet most of us are modest, shy and uncomfortable about these things and some of us are still at the point that people see us as males because we aren't yet able to "pass" so we continue to present the image of a somewhat normal male, for now.

Personally, I would feel very uncomfortable going to the store and buying PMS stuff. When I was married the wife would sometimes send me to the store to purchase tampons and that was a terrifying experience. I eventually got used to doing it when I realized that the wedding ring was a signal sign informing the cashier that the tampons were not for me but for my wife..
Sounds silly eh? Yep, it is.

Anyway, if you can think of good, legitimate reasons for males to be taking the many various herbs, please list them!

Thanks!

----------------------
I'll be frank with you. I would rather be Jane, but for now, I'll be frank... ;-)

Ta Ta's! ( . )( . )

Author Reply
Fennel
(no login) What I would do: May 19 2007, 12:10 PM

If that was me I'd write the things I want to buy down on a piece of pink paper, go to the health store, hand it over to the lady in the shop and say "My daughter has asked me to buy this for her, I'm not sure where to find these strange items".

Or slip that old ring back on just for shopping occasions and say "My wife sent me to get these" and hand a list over.

Alice
(Login Roundmoon) They just don't matter!!! May 19 2007, 4:09 PM

Howdy all, i go to a local health store and i just tell the salesperson this is what i want. when they ask me why and o forth i say " this is what i was asked to pick up" and i never have any problems or wierd questions. If i do i just say again, i have no idea and this is what i was asked to pick up. playing stupid works great cause i get alot of information that i normally wouldn't get. and the sales lady seems at ease.

i have used this approach several times for various items i wear. i have purchased panties, bras, herbs, dresses, and a lot of cosmetics. Try it!!! it works
Alice

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Cover stories for buying herbs? June 10 2007, 7:47 AM

I think you're wrong to assume that women are likely to know that certain herbs are used for natural breast enhancement. Even women working in health food stores may know little about the subject. I know someone who went into a store and particularly asked for these kind of herbs, explaining openly that she wanted them for breast enhancement. The cashier told her there must be some terrible mistake, that Saw Palmetto was only used by men and Black Cohosh was only used by women in the menopause. She was then told by the cashier to buy a complete breast enhancement supplement instead, which the store conveniently stocked. I don't think the cashier was deliberately pushing the store's breast enhancement product, it's just that she clearly knew very little about the subject and was giving what she thought was genuine advice based on the little she did know.

Fennel
(no login) Re: Cover stories for buying herbs? June 10 2007, 8:15 AM

I had no idea that those herbs worked for breast enlargement until january this year. And I studied biology for years. I can safely say that the staff in the health food shops have no idea either.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon