Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

Holy shit and damn lotus

From reading in various places, I have found that genistein is a good pro aromataise, but when it is in soy it is counteracted by daidzein.

There is a supplement called icool that is only synthetic non-soy genistein 30mg.

Do you think this wold be helpful?

Okay, I have been pondering something. Understand, sweethearts, that dear Sammie is long on empathy but short on science, tee hee. My brain now hurts, and all I want to do right now is go shopping (perfect time since everyone else will be going to silly super bowl parties! tee hee), but I really wonder if this is important or if Sammie just doesn't get it (well, hee hee, we KNOW Sammie isn't getting it anymore, but that's another story, and shame on you for thinking that way... nasty little minds that I am sure you all have! Tongue).
I get it that T is converted to E through aroma-something. I also get it that older males produce less T. I am pretty sure most T is produced in the ...boy bits...so, IF, as occurs to ...um ...some girls... those boy bits have...shrunken ... somewhat over time due to high levels of PM and SP (does the term "shooting blanks" mean anything, dear ones?), then would it not make sense that those same ...boy bits...are now producing very little T if any at all? And if that is true, would it be possible that the overall system in question is now so lacking in T that very little E is able to be converted from it? And, by extension (no pun intended...nasty little minds), that there may not any longer be enough E to properly facilitate breast growth, even when supplemented by PM?
I am probably being totally silly (what a shocker!), but I would dearly love a little help on this from my more learned sisters. Please help Sammie's brain stop hurting. Single syllable words are appreciated.Rolleyes
I will take my answer off the air.
Hugs

(02-02-2014, 09:23 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Okay, I have been pondering something. Understand, sweethearts, that dear Sammie is long on empathy but short on science, tee hee. My brain now hurts, and all I want to do right now is go shopping (perfect time since everyone else will be going to silly super bowl parties! tee hee), but I really wonder if this is important or if Sammie just doesn't get it (well, hee hee, we KNOW Sammie isn't getting it anymore, but that's another story, and shame on you for thinking that way... nasty little minds that I am sure you all have! Tongue).
I get it that T is converted to E through aroma-something. I also get it that older males produce less T. I am pretty sure most T is produced in the ...boy bits...so, IF, as occurs to ...um ...some girls... those boy bits have...shrunken ... somewhat over time due to high levels of PM and SP (does the term "shooting blanks" mean anything, dear ones?), then would it not make sense that those same ...boy bits...are now producing very little T if any at all? And if that is true, would it be possible that the overall system in question is now so lacking in T that very little E is able to be converted from it? And, by extension (no pun intended...nasty little minds), that there may not any longer be enough E to properly facilitate breast growth, even when supplemented by PM?
I am probably being totally silly (what a shocker!), but I would dearly love a little help on this from my more learned sisters. Please help Sammie's brain stop hurting. Single syllable words are appreciated.Rolleyes
I will take my answer off the air.
Hugs

What a great question, and a great opportunity to test my understanding of all that Lotus has taught me; or find out how little I've been paying attention in Hormones 101. Sad

My understanding is that most of our testosterone is locked up in two proteins: sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin. SHBG binds with excess T making it unavailable to the body. The body needs a certain amount of testosterone, say, roughly 2% of our total T. If the boy bits are impaired, so less T is produced, the body spits out less SHBG so that less T is taken out of circulation. Thus, the amount of free T and, hence, DHT and estradiol stays stable.

When we inject herbals into the body, we are disrupting the normal endocrine mechanisms that try to achieve stasis (balance). Taking an herb, say, Spearmint that increases the amount of SHBG in the blood will pull down the T level. The body tries to compensate by releasing less SHBG to try to restore the needed T level.

Okay that's as far as I've gotten. Grade me, Miss Lotus. Blush

Clara Smile

Small amounts of T are also secreted by the adrenal glands.

On average, only 2% of total serum testosterone is free, and only free testosterone is active. The other 98% is bound testosterone and is no longer active. The glycoprotein sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) binds to free testosterone rendering it useless (and setting the stage for a dangerous series of chemical processes). Free testosterone is the type of testosterone "that will supercharge our brains, blood, muscles, sex lives and all the other things we associate with testosterone.

Remember, DHT is the real enemy in breast growth, stops it dead in its tracks! It acts as an anti-estrogen. Unlike other androgens such as testosterone, DHT cannot be converted by the enzyme aromatase to estradiol. So DHT protects against estrogen.

Keep the bits warm! Wink

2 degree lower temp-Under certain conditions, such as exercise, exposure to cold, and sexual arousal in particular, the muscle fibers in the scrotum cause the entire sac to contract and wrinkle up, drawing the testicles closer to the body.

In response to heat or total relaxation, the scrotum becomes very loose and soft, with a smooth surface, and the relaxed muscle fibers cause the testicles to hang farther from the body. These changes in the scrotum illustrate the primary function of the scrotum, which is to act as a natural climate control center for the testicles.

The temperature in the scrotum is a degree or two lower than the usual body temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. The testicles need this lower temperature in order to carry out their job of producing viable sperm.
Source(s):
Discovery Health

This is important for Spermatogenesis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spermatogenesis

Sammie, great question and that's why we don't want to eliminate T, decreasing DHT is the goal.

Ladies, thank you both, of course, but did I not specify SINGLE syllables!Wink
My brain still hurts, dammit!Rolleyes
If T is converted into E and we need E to grow breasts, but T has been reduced drastically...oh, what the heck!
I am still confused. Huh

(02-02-2014, 11:47 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Ladies, thank you both, of course, but did I not specify SINGLE syllables!Wink

Love-you Big Grin

Oh, Lotus, sweetheart, I know you do, bless your heart, but I want to figure this out (stamps feet and pouts)Dodgy

Sammie,

I understand it's confusing, let's see if this helps explaining it:

A testosterone test checks the level of this male hormone (androgen) in the blood. Testosterone affects sexual features and development. In men, it is made in large amounts by the testicles. In both men and women, testosterone is made in small amounts by the adrenal glands; and, in women, by the ovaries.

The pituitary gland controls the level of testosterone in the body. When the testosterone level is low, the pituitary gland releases a hormone called luteinizing hormone (LH). This hormone tells the testicles to make more testosterone. See a picture of the pituitary gland.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/ma...key=129553

Researchers Find Age Does Not Affect Testosterone in Healthy Men
http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/news/...table-with

Next post we'll break it down further:

Sammie,
I have to give the long version with links for the benefit of others!

Exogenous testosterone, or testosterone that does not come from a man's Leydig cells, affects the production of natural testosterone in the testicles. The testicles stop producing their own testosterone by introducing exogenous testosterone to the body via testosterone injections, oral medication, skin patches, creams or gels. The testicles shrink because exogenous testosterone shuts down their normal testosterone production system. The body detects testosterone from an external source and stops producing its own. Since testicular testosterone contributes to sperm production, this condition can reduce a man's sperm count. This condition can lead to testosterone dependence. Clinicians may offset reduced testosterone production in the testicles with human chorionic gonadotropin. HCG stimulates Leydig cells in the testicles to produce testosterone.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/222751...he-testis/

Quote:There are few conditions which can cause shrinkage of testis. Firstly, testicular atrophy can cause testis to shrink. Another reason is cold temperature, anabolic steroids and Testosterone replacement therapy

Serum testosterone decreased 19% during the 4-week use of soy protein powder and increased within 2 weeks after we discontinued soy protein powder.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/ma...key=129553
http://www.boost-your-low-testosterone.c...erone.html

More to follow! Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon