Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hoping for more change

I am in my fifties so I'm not interested in any more children. I have BPH and was prescribed and have taken Proscar (fineasteride) and Flomax (tamulosin) for a year and a half now. After about eight months, I noticed some enlargement and sensitivity changes in my breasts and I liked it. I also noticed a decrease in libido and found that fenugeek helped. I then added saw palmetto to further help with the BPH. So now I'm another eight months or so along and my breasts (I think) are even a bit larger. I certainly like the way they feel and the wife likes them too. Nipple growth has been moderate but I attribute that to my wife. With her support I have decided to see if I can grow them larger. I just ordered some Anterol pueraria mirifica. While I am waiting, I have the tidious task of trying to sift through all the previous posts in order to determine the dosage I should take while continuing with the prescriptions finesteride and tamulosin. So far, I haven't found much. My goal is to increase the size of my breasts but remain fully functional as much as possible. Thanks to all for the sharing and support.

Hello Circeena.

Welcome to the board.

In regards to the pm you've ordered, is it in power or capsule form?

I've always used the capsule form and here's the schedule I followed when I started taking pm:

Week 1: 500 mg per day
Week 2: 1,000 mg per day
Week 3: 1,500 mg per day
Week 4: 2,000 mg per day
Week 5: 2,500 mg per day
Week 6: 3,000 mg per day

I recommend taking to it slow to see what dosage is most effective for you without incurring any intolerable side-effects. Obviously you don't have to go as high as 3,000 mg for pm to be effective for you. I think the average dose a genetic male needs to take for breast growth is about 2,000 mg. You may get growth using a smaller or larger dosage. Another consideration is varying your daily pm dosage throughout the week instead of taking the same dosage every day. Right now I'm taking 4,000 mg of pm per day for three days of the week, 2,000 mg of pm per day for the other four days of the week.

All I can really tell you is keep looking using the search feature. Every body is different. Some people are highly sensitive to PM (pueraria mirifica) and have odd reactions at doses as small as 250 mg/day. Others take incredibly high doses of as much as 6000 mg/day in divided doses.

Most seem to agree that 2000 mg spread out throughout the day seems to be right. Regardless, start slowly. A reasonable plan would be to take one capsule in the morning (Ainterol PM is 500 mg/capsule) for at least a week or two before increasing the dose and increasing the dose after another week or two until you reach your target dose. PM can alter your brain, though not all males seem to experience this "rewiring."

Chances are, PM will lower or kill your sex drive. It will also make it more difficult to get erections. Morning wood will likely be a thing of the past as could erections in general. Some advocate taking a week off from PM each month to maintain function. Some use butea superba and/or maca to maintain sexual function.

I strongly suggest you do a lot of reading and really examine why it is you want to do this. As some are quick (and correct) to point out, breasts cannot be easily hidden. Are you prepared to walk around in public all day every day while wearing a bra and presenting as male? Taking your shirt off at the beach or around the pool will be a thing of the past. Depending on where you work, it could cause some uncomfortable moments at work. It could cost you friends. There are a lot of things to consider before embarking on this journey. Proceed slowly. Also, estrogens, even phyto-estrogens like that found in PM, can increase the possibility of blood clots and can be life-threatening. Someone on this board recently had a pulmonary embolism that may have been related to NBE herbs.

(19-02-2013, 02:46 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I recommend taking to it slow to see what dosage is most effective for you without incurring any intolerable side-effects..

Hi Flamesabers,
Yes, I am absolutely going forward at a slow pace. This is a big step moving to PM and I still haven't found anything about the interactions between PM, tamulosin and finasteride. Thanks for the routine too.

(19-02-2013, 03:54 AM)MonikaT Wrote:  I strongly suggest you do a lot of reading and really examine why it is you want to do this.

Hi MonikaT,
You have made excellent points. I have actually made a lengthy list of these kinds of questions and have been considering them for about six months now. I am comfortable with all of them except the unknown of how PM will affect my mind and my ability to apply good judgement once I'm on it. I forgot to mention it but I also ordered some butea superba which I plan to take on the PM breaks. I actually plan on taking a break after the first week on PM.

Thanks to all for the feedback. I welcome all suggestions and guidance as I continue to search and educate myself.

(19-02-2013, 05:26 AM)Circeena Wrote:  I still haven't found anything about the interactions between PM, tamulosin and finasteride. Thanks for the routine too.

Hi,
FWIW, I've been on all three of those for the last 2.5years Smile . No negative effects that I am aware of. My nightly visits to the bathroom have subsided to only once or twice, my body hair has reduced to female levels, my head hair has NOT regrown, my facial hair has NOT reduced.
Shocked 

(19-02-2013, 07:58 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  FWIW, I've been on all three of those for the last 2.5years Smile . No negative effects that I am aware of. My nightly visits to the bathroom have subsided to only once or twice, my body hair has reduced to female levels, my head hair has NOT regrown, my facial hair has NOT reduced.

Hi Pansy-Mae,
That made my day! Yes I also now only make one or two trips and the body hair is getting thinner and finer. No change in the facial hair and the hair on my head is unchanged. Was hoping it would stop turning gray. One other effect is that I have dry orgasms.
Thanks so much for the reply. That helped a lot.

I used a generic finasteride for about 1 and 1/2 years. In my case, I did have noticeable changes in facial hair. Not in the amount of, but in the speed at which it grew. Different now that I stopped using it, back to normal.

I also experienced (as my wife noticed first) a fair bit of re-growth of head hair. However, it never grew longer than 1/2 inch, and it, too ceased when I quit the finasteride. BUT, I was also using Premarin at that time, so those results may have been skewed. Fortunately, having started to lose hair at the age of 18, I've had plenty of time to become accustomed to it's departure. As with anything, the effects of finasteride may depend on the dosage. I wasn't exactly hoarding it.

PM has not yet negatively interacted with my BP meds, or anything else I take. The only note I could make, would be that the larger the dose I take, the more difficult it is to keep from adding pounds. Hopefully, with the arrival of warmer weather, more outdoor time, and the exercise that goes with that, I may find that I cannot even blame weight gain on PM. Take care, all. Patti

(19-02-2013, 08:25 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  I used a generic finasteride for about 1 and 1/2 years. it.

PM has not yet negatively interacted with my BP meds, or anything else I take.

Hi Patti,
Were you taking PM and finasteride at the same tme.?
Thanks

(19-02-2013, 05:26 AM)Circeena Wrote:  Hi MonikaT,
You have made excellent points. I have actually made a lengthy list of these kinds of questions and have been considering them for about six months now. I am comfortable with all of them except the unknown of how PM will affect my mind and my ability to apply good judgement once I'm on it. I forgot to mention it but I also ordered some butea superba which I plan to take on the PM breaks. I actually plan on taking a break after the first week on PM.

Thanks to all for the feedback. I welcome all suggestions and guidance as I continue to search and educate myself.

Speaking from my own experience with brain rewiring, I don't think pm transforms you into someone you're not. Rather, it can relieve gender dysphoria and bring about a peace of mind or a sense of well-being depending on what your gender identity is. I think the bigger question is not how pm may affect your mind, but rather what are your motives for wanting to grow breasts. I think what your motives are will be a play a big part in whether you choose to embrace or not any possible mental changes pm may bring out. Here's a thread I recommend looking through:

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=12581

Circeena,
No, I mixed PM with FG, for about 2 weeks. A discontinued experiment. I am, however, currently beginning to add Siterone. 25mg/day, about every 3rd day, just to keep the T down for sure. And calcium, 600mg every 3rd day (or so). I'll see if either has any effect. About 3 weeks or so back on PM, 3g/day, and more firmness, and a little sore, all over, not just the nipple area. I seldom see the slight ski-slope on the tops, so guess they're filling in a bit. I do have to chuckle, though, when I lay on my side, and one uses the other as a pillow. nice to know they get along well with each other.Smile Patti

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon