Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM, finasteride & hair loss

Hello there,

So, for many months, I've been taking 500mg PM a day, looking for an androgynous body. I'm satisfied with it, since I've got puffy nipples (perhaps because I took 1000mg for a little while) and a good body shape with the help of exercises (took me a while!). The skin is fine, too. So yeah, I'm generally satisfied with my body.

Just when I'm happy with my body, something else appeared, though. Alopecia (baldness!) is starting to set in. It's perfectly fine now, since my hair is somewhat long, but it will get worse. I realize that this isn't a hair loss forum, but perhaps other people experience with finasteride & PM can help me.

So, perhaps you folks could help me with some questions.

1) I've been taking minoxidil for some months. A while ago, my scalp got really irritated and I got a lot of flaking. It's better now, after I stopped the minoxidil, but I may want to take it again. I've read a case of someone who got the scalp irritated when taking PM along with some other products. Did anyone else perceive an irritated scalp when taking PM?

2) Finasteride may be a good idea, the problem is, finasteride + PM may be beyond androgyny and more like MtF, which isn't something I want. I definitely do not want impotence, as well. Any clues? I really don't want to stop with the PM, but perhaps it's a necessity?

3) Those of you who take PM for some time have noticed any improvement in hair growth or at least a less severe balding?

Any other general advice you people have with the hair loss scenario is greatly appreciated. It's quite a bummer this is happening just when I got what I wanted, but perhaps I can get some info here.

Many thanks!

I've been on PM & Finasteride for about 7 years and there has been no improvement in my hair loss if anything it continues to get worse

I used Minoxidil for a couple of months, topic solution 10%. It actually gave me more erection troubles than PM.

On the contrary, when only on PM I experienced a bit of hair regrowth and my hair gained thickness. 

More or less all causes of alopecia have to do with DHT, which is a byproduct of testosterone. The reason why the "best" combo to fight alopecia is almost MtF ground is because for as long as you have a lot of T being converted in DHT you will still lose your hair.

Saw Palmetto has the effect of stopping Testosterone conversion to DHT but it will also kill your sex drive.
White Peony has the effect of promoting aromatase, meaning the conversion of T to Estrogen. Obviously this will cause some degree of impotence and feminisation.

(17-05-2019, 04:36 PM)Shirazmn Wrote:  I used Minoxidil for a couple of months, topic solution 10%. It actually gave me more erection troubles than PM.

On the contrary, when only on PM I experienced a bit of hair regrowth and my hair gained thickness. 

More or less all causes of alopecia have to do with DHT, which is a byproduct of testosterone. The reason why the "best" combo to fight alopecia is almost MtF ground is because for as long as you have a lot of T being converted in DHT you will still lose your hair.

Saw Palmetto has the effect of stopping Testosterone conversion to DHT but it will also kill your sex drive.
White Peony has the effect of promoting aromatase, meaning the conversion of T to Estrogen. Obviously this will cause some degree of impotence and feminisation.
Reply from AzShannonCD:  I am aware that testosterone conversion to DHT can cause hair loss, but it is not clear to me as to the whether Estrogen, resulting from the use of PM, is a cause of hair loss.  Could others please clarify which breast enhancement herbs and hormones are a cause of hair loss ?

Thank for the answers, folks.

Right now what my main doubt is concerning finasteride. How strong is that stuff? If I took, say, 1mg 2-3 times a week of finasteride, plus 500mg of PM a day, would you say that the risks of major MtF changes and impotence are significant? AFAIK, finasteride isn't that strong of an anti-androgen, but I could be wrong.

try red reishi mushroom extract from Hawaii pharm.
What you need to do is squash the DHT that your body is producing from the T.
(Anti-Androgen)
Bobbi

Unfortunately, that seems pretty hard to find where I live Sad .

Upon researching, it does seem that 1mg of finasteride, even without it being every day, would be a problem. Right now I'm considering splitting a pill in 4 and taking 0.25g 2-3 days a week. But perhaps even so I will need to take PM every other day or so. I'm still thinking, since I'm not in a hurry.

For many years, I've been limiting T to DHT conversion with daily topical progesterone, along with saw palmetto and stinging nettle.
I also curtail aromatization of T to estrogen with chrysin.

At 62 years old, I've maintained a full head of hair, have no detectable thinning on top, and since turning 60 have grown it out to well below my shoulders.  I have no signs of BPH, and never have to get up at night to wee.

It could be genetics, or maybe I'm onto something..

Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, are your male functions still in order? Shiraz said that saw palmetto is bad for libido, for example. How strong an effect do you think the lessening of DHT has on the body?

EDIT: Status update. I just found Reishi Mushroom for sale. At a decent price, too! Would there be any particular advantage on taking it over finasteride? I'm guessing I'd be as prone to gyno as with finasteride?

I've not noticed any lessening of daily morning wood, nor of libido.

Again, it may be genetics, but I seem to find that curtailing DHT lessens the coarser effects of maleness.  I.E. scalp hair loss, coarser skin, thick gut, body odor, hairy body, etc.  It's more like having the male body of a 20 year old.  I can't name one thing I miss about the effects of DHT.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon