Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What’s happening to me? 6 weeks on BO

I started taking a daily regimen of:
(2) 250mg BO x2 daily
1 teaspoon Red Maca powder
1 tablespoon ground flax seed

I also took a baseline hormone blood test before I started which showed:
Testosterone total serum 343 (264-916 normal range male)
Estrogen 32.2 (7.6-42.6 normal range male)
LH 13.8 (1.7-8.6 normal range male)
FSH 34.3 (1.5-12.4 normal range male)

Now, after 6 weeks my results are:
Testosterone total serum 443 (264-916 normal range male)
Estrogen 29.0 (7.6-42.6 normal range male)
LH 14.6 (1.7-8.6normal range male)
FSH 36.6 (1.5-12.4 normal range male)

So after my regimen for 6 weeks, my T went UP 30% and E went down 10%.  WTF?  I’m obviously disappointed but also baffled that I moved the hormone mix but in the wrong direction.  My T was relatively low, so is my body so hungry for T that it aromatized the “extra” E?  Appreciate any help.

Have you seen any physical changes while on BO? 

For example, I've been on it now for a month and can't say I've seen anything drastic change, a little change to my breasts and butt. My most extreme change has been that my testicles are about half the size they used to be. I haven't noticed softer skin or change in scent or other things people report.

(15-02-2019, 06:52 PM)Silviasecret Wrote:  I started taking a daily regimen of:
(2) 250mg BO x2 daily

So after my regimen for 6 weeks, my T went UP 30% and E went down 10%.  WTF?  I’m obviously disappointed but also baffled that I moved the hormone mix but in the wrong direction.  My T was relatively low, so is my body so hungry for T that it aromatized the “extra” E?  Appreciate any help.

That's cool you were able to get a baseline hormone test before starting. My doctors wanted to see why I wanted a test and I never went in to get looked at. Didn't really want this on my medical history until I was ready.  

Perhaps you need an anti-androgen?  Try taking White Peony?

(17-02-2019, 06:11 AM)Pandora56 Wrote:  
(2) 250mg BO x2 daily

That's cool you were able to get a baseline hormone test before starting. My doctors wanted to see why I wanted a test and I never went in and got looked at. Didn't really want this on my medical history until I was ready.  

Perhaps you need an anti-androgen?  Try taking White Peony?
I just used a website called privatemdlabs.com
I ordered my test and voila, results in one day!  I’m going to try white peony and licorice and see what that does.  Because I have a childhood issue with my Testicles, my body is constantly asking for more T. I’m hoping the white peony will help stop the aromatization.

Hi Silvia,

I am not very knowledgeable about the BO so I really can't comment, but I can offer one insight.

Aromatization is a process in which androgens are aromatized into estrogens, not the other way around. Enzyme aromatase is responsible for this reaction and usually catalyses one of the following:

testosterone -> estradiol
androstenedione -> estrone

If I remember correctly my biochemistry and physiology classes, in natal males, estrogens are usually produced from androgens in peripheral tissue thanks to the aromatase and only small amount of estrogens are formed in testes.

In your case, I am not able to say what happened. I don't know if the supplements you use can affect hormones in 6 weeks. If not, it can be just a random fluctuation. I would say that in your case, the increase in testosterone may be caused by increased natural production of this hormone. Please also note that you have quite a high FSH and LH even before any tinkering with hormonal balance. These hormones regulate natural gonadal hormones production. It appears that your hypophysis needs to stimulate your gonads more to keep testosterone in normal range. But it is just my guess.

Elisa (aka polymorphis)

Hi Silvia,
I'm on BO since 5 days and I don't think BO is able to change the level of your hormones, neither herbal stuff.
Unless you take several grams per day, your body will gently continue to adapt the situation of your hormones the way he thinks it's correct.
I believe BO as an homeopathic therapy suggesting - not forcing - your body to take another option, if you want to force it, it is better to see an endocrinologist and begin with chemical castration and estrogen.
I take BO to grow breast, any shrinking of my balls and dick will be welcome too..
The recommended dosage of Swanson's BO is one per day, this is a serious brand, they are asking not to exceed the dose and this is what I'm taking.
This is 250mg of ovary tissue in my blood stream everyday, it goes everywhere, my skin, my hair, my breast, my balls, let's see what it does for me, I don't believe taking several grams a day is a good idea, it can have a negative impact on your  health.
BO is suggesting, not forcing, this is an homeopathic approach. It is worth for those who are hoping some natural feminization, not for those who want to change the level of their hormones.
I guess I'm a good candidate for BO, after 5 days I already see some changes but, since I'm healthy, I will never check the level of my hormones.
My regimen is now 250mg BO + 400mg Vitex + 585mg Saw Palmetto.
Some people are saying mixing phytohormones with BO has a negative impact on the action of BO.
Best wishes to all

(07-04-2019, 10:16 AM)Zork Wrote:  Hi Silvia,
I'm on BO since 5 days and I don't think BO is able to change the level of your hormones, neither herbal stuff.
Unless you take several grams per day, your body will gently continue to adapt the situation of your hormones the way he thinks it's correct.
I believe BO as an homeopathic therapy suggesting - not forcing - your body to take another option, if you want to force it, it is better to see an endocrinologist and begin with chemical castration and estrogen.
I take BO to grow breast, any shrinking of my balls and dick will be welcome too..
The recommended dosage of Swanson's BO is one per day, this is a serious brand, they are asking not to exceed the dose and this is what I'm taking.
This is 250mg of ovary tissue in my blood stream everyday, it goes everywhere, my skin, my hair, my breast, my balls, let's see what it does for me, I don't believe taking several grams a day is a good idea, it can have a negative impact on your  health.
BO is suggesting, not forcing, this is an homeopathic approach. It is worth for those who are hoping some natural feminization, not for those who want to change the level of their hormones.
I guess I'm a good candidate for BO, after 5 days I already see some changes but, since I'm healthy, I will never check the level of my hormones.
My regimen is now 250mg BO + 400mg Vitex + 585mg Saw Palmetto.
Some people are saying mixing phytohormones with BO has a negative impact on the action of BO.
Best wishes to all

Zork,
You might be missing something fundamental here.  In order to do the things you want, you have to change your hormones.  At a very basic level, estrogen triggers your body to make changes based on many factors.  So your estrogen hormone levels need to be up and your testosterone needs to be down in order for things to start happening.

(2) 250mg BO x2 daily

There is no bodily process where estrogen turns into testosterone so it isn't the case that the increased testosterone is due to conversion of estrogen.

Your elevated lh and fsh levels would explain the increased testosterone since your body is signalling that it needs to make more testosterone. This could simply be a reaction to being on bo and it is trying to compensate for the introduction of bo. As the effects of bo can only be guessed at in how it works and I mean proper studies not marketing blurb then the reduced estradiol level could just be completely random.

For info when I was on bo my estradiol level was just above male ranges after 10 months however the test was only for e2 which is estradiol and not other estrogenic chemicals in the body which would not be detected by a test for estradiol. Personally don't think bo significantly affects e2 levels, so a wider range of tests would be the only option to confirm what is going on.

Megan

Silvia,
Thank you very much for replying..
I'm not in a transition process, the only thing I want/would like is to grow breast tissue and come to lactation, for the moment I'm not in idea to replace my testosterone with estrogen, may be one day I will, you never know..
I guess BO is providing my blood stream with enzymes, growth factors, hormones and other mensengers which stimulate my glands and tissue the same way as female's real ovaries do. While I'm on BO, it is like I had ovaries, I see it like that..
I'm not sure it worth overloading your body with BO with several grams a day, I guess the only way to change your hormones is to see an endocrinologist.
Best wishes

(10-04-2019, 08:26 AM)Zork Wrote:  Silvia,
Thank you very much for replying..
I'm not in a transition process, the only thing I want/would like is to grow breast tissue and come to lactation, for the moment I'm not in idea to replace my testosterone with estrogen, may be one day I will, you never know..
I guess BO is providing my blood stream with enzymes, growth factors, hormones and other mensengers which stimulate my glands and tissue the same way as female's real ovaries do. While I'm on BO, it is like I had ovaries, I see it like that..
I'm not sure it worth overloading your body with BO with several grams a day, I guess the only way to change your hormones is to see an endocrinologist.
Best wishes

@Zork

As others have said, you are mistaken.
BO contains estrogens and the only reason why it will make you grow boobs and feminise your body is because it contains them. Not neurotransmitter or anything else... Estrogens!

Nothing you find on this site is homeopatic. Any herb, HRT, or BO is indeed acting on your body adding hormones or lowering other hormones. Do not make the mistake of thinking that BO is a harmless thing. Homeopatic remedies are fresh water. BO will alter your body permanently and will also carry many side effects you should be prepared for.

@Silvia the estrogens in BO don't necessarily show up in lab tests for Estrogen, so the test may not see that increase. On the contrary, your body may be trying to generate more T to counteract the rise of estrogens, and that would show up in the test.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon