Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

(26-02-2016, 05:48 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(26-02-2016, 01:55 AM)MarcyAno Wrote:  
(25-02-2016, 02:04 PM)hannah Wrote:  Is swanson wp good enough btw? its about the best i can get here..

I'm curious about your thoughts on this too Lotus.

Hi Hannah & Marcy,

Swansons price (currently) 2 for $9.99 is very reasonable. However.......I'd like it better if we knew the paeoniflorin extract amount (e.g. milligrams) per capsule. I do like what WP does at reducing inflammation (IL-6 interleukin) and improving blood cells.

Thank l, i saw some female supplements from my own country they only used up to 48 mg peeoniflora extract, pretty worthless i think. Though dunno about how much mgs wp we need to be functional in a program?

(26-02-2016, 05:48 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi Hannah & Marcy,
Swansons price (currently) 2 for $9.99 is very reasonable. However.......I'd like it better if we knew the paeoniflorin extract amount (e.g. milligrams) per capsule. I do like what WP does at reducing inflammation (IL-6 interleukin) and improving blood cells.
Yes, thanks from me too Lotus. I'll work on getting that number out of Swanson's customer service and let you know if I get any valuable information.

I was wondering about Swansons' WP just a week ago. I already decided to order it, but still did a quick research and results were disappointing:
Swansons' WP is unprocessed root. Root is 3 - 5 % paeoniflorin. 600 mg capsule contains around 20 mg paeoniflorin. WP extract (http://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-su...ony-immune) contains around 250 mg paeoniflorin per capsule. So... extract is approximately 10x stronger, cost was 6x higher. As recommended dose for both supplements is 2 - 3 per day, either extract will kill its consumer or mere root is uselessSmile. I ordered the root anyway and now feel like a fool...Dodgy

(28-02-2016, 02:00 PM)MarcyAno Wrote:  
(26-02-2016, 05:48 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi Hannah & Marcy,
Yes, thanks from me too Lotus. I'll work on getting that number out of Swanson's customer service and let you know if I get any valuable information.

Been trying different teas, dandelion root and green tea (one with mint one without) any benefit to my program?
Still doing peony root extract (5~6 drops sun lingual a day) and PM, 2000 mg daily.

Fell off awhile, been battling a sinus infection that has come back for a third time, then went into a full blown flu. it was a bad one and just not starting to recover.

I see now why people get flu shots, this one almost killed me. Tongue

(29-02-2016, 08:21 PM)oki Wrote:  I was wondering about Swansons' WP just a week ago. I already decided to order it, but still did a quick research and results were disappointing:
Swansons' WP is unprocessed root. Root is 3 - 5 % paeoniflorin. 600 mg capsule contains around 20 mg paeoniflorin. WP extract (http://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-su...ony-immune) contains around 250 mg paeoniflorin per capsule. So... extract is approximately 10x stronger, cost was 6x higher. As recommended dose for both supplements is 2 - 3 per day, either extract will kill its consumer or mere root is uselessSmile. I ordered the root anyway and now feel like a fool...Dodgy

Send it back if your not satisfied, swansons has a moneyback guarantee. Look into green tea for aromatase, (80-90+ percent polyphenols). Fat burning supplements imo promote aromatase by altering the release of stored fat.

(06-02-2016, 01:14 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi exceptional people, Wink

In this study (animal) aromatase expression increased in the AT (318.5 +/- 60.6% of control in scAT, P n< 0.05, and 285.5 +/- 82.9% of control in vAT,

That's 60.6% in subcutaneous fat and 82.9% in visceral fat.

[quote='Lotus' pid='141599' dateline='1422136048']

Chronic green tea consumption decreases body mass, induces aromatase expression, and changes proliferation and apoptosis in adult male rat adipose tissue.

Abstract
Green tea (GT) and its components have been shown to possess antiobesity properties and the corresponding mechanisms of action are being investigated, given the epidemic proportions of obesity incidence. In the current work, we used 12-mo-old male Wistar rats to test the effect of 6 mo of treatment with GT as the sole drinking beverage (52.8 +/- 6.4 mL/d) on adipose tissue (AT). AT aromatase expression was determined by Western blotting, plasma concentrations of 17beta-estradiol and testosterone were determined by RIA, and adipocyte size determined by measuring diameter in tissue sections. Proliferation and apoptosis were also assessed by Ki67 immunostaining and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase-mediated deoxyuridine triphosphate nick end-labeling, respectively. Evaluations were made in subcutaneous (sc) AT and visceral (v) AT. Body weight increased over time in both groups (P < 0.001), but the increase was more pronounced in controls (P < 0.001) and food and fluid intake did not influence that effect. At the end of the experiment, aromatase expression increased in the AT (318.5 +/- 60.6% of control in scAT, P < 0.05, and 285.5 +/- 82.9% of control in vAT, P < 0.01). AT of GT-treated rats had a higher percentage of proliferating cells (204.1 +/- 19.5% of control in scAT, P < 0.01, and 246.6 +/- 50.2% of control in vAT, P < 0.01) and smaller adipocytes (78.3 +/- 1.7% of control in scAT, P < 0.001, and 87.9 +/- 3.2% of control in vAT, P < 0.05). GT also increased the number of apoptotic cells in vAT (320.4 +/- 21.9% of control; P < 0.001). These results suggest new mechanisms for GT on body weight and highlight its potential benefit to prevent or treat obesity and the metabolic syndrome.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18936213#

(01-03-2016, 02:51 PM)elainecd Wrote:  Been trying different teas, dandelion root and green tea (one with mint one without) any benefit to my program?
Still doing peony root extract (5~6 drops sun lingual a day) and PM, 2000 mg daily.

Fell off awhile, been battling a sinus infection that has come back for a third time, then went into a full blown flu. it was a bad one and just not starting to recover.

I see now why people get flu shots, this one almost killed me. Tongue

hi elaine, (good to hear from you). Big Grin

I hate them damned flu shots too, I sneeze for weeks. And... I sneeze so hard my eyeball nearly pops out. Rolleyes

Elaine, green tea @ (6-8 cups per day) is pro-NBE, no other tea comes close imo. I think WP needs to be @ 5 grams (min) to see benefits of aromatase. Licorice root improves WP in the small intestines, mostly from the saponins in LR (they act synergistically with each other). Taking antibiotics decreases WP in the small intestine, probiotics could be an option to improve results imo.

Additionally, lemons and oranges inhibit the androgen biosynthesis of CYP17, which if we do this correctly (inexpensively too) Rolleyes we'd inhibit most androgens in cholesterol before they become active and side-cleaved thoughtout the biosynthesis of androgens........just saying.

Question, what PM suppliers offers (current) high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) method, determing the contents of miroestrol and deoxymiroestrol?.

constituents of two varieties of Pueraria candollei.
Yusakul G1, Putalun W, Udomsin O, Juengwatanatrakul T, Chaichantipyuth C.
Author information
Abstract
A high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) method was developed to determine the contents of miroestrol and deoxymiroestrol in the tubers of Pueraria candollei var. mirifica and P. candollei var. candollei. The linear detection ranges were 0.78-25.00 μg/mL for miroestrol and 1.56-25.00 μg/mL for deoxymiroestrol. The limit of detection (LOD) and limit of quantification (LOQ) were 0.2 and 0.78 μg/mL, respectively, for miroestrol and 0.78 and 1.56 μg/mL, respectively, for deoxymiroestrol. Our results suggest that both varieties of P. candollei can produce miroestrol and deoxymiroestrol and that the developed HPLC method can be applied for quality control of plants and their products.
Copyright © 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
PMID: 20858535 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Male-to-female transsexuals have female neuron numbers in a limbic nucleus.
Kruijver FP1, Zhou JN, Pool CW, Hofman MA, Gooren LJ, Swaab DF.
Author information
Abstract
Transsexuals experience themselves as being of the opposite sex, despite having the biological characteristics of one sex. A crucial question resulting from a previous brain study in male-to-female transsexuals was whether the reported difference according to gender identity in the central part of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc) was based on a neuronal difference in the BSTc itself or just a reflection of a difference in vasoactive intestinal polypeptide innervation from the amygdala, which was used as a marker. Therefore, we determined in 42 subjects the number of somatostatin-expressing neurons in the BSTc in relation to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and past or present hormonal status. Regardless of sexual orientation, men had almost twice as many somatostatin neurons as women (P < 0.006). The number of neurons in the BSTc of male-to-female transsexuals was similar to that of the females (P = 0.83). In contrast, the neuron number of a female-to-male transsexual was found to be in the male range. Hormone treatment or sex hormone level variations in adulthood did not seem to have influenced BSTc neuron numbers. The present findings of somatostatin neuronal sex differences in the BSTc and its sex reversal in the transsexual brain clearly support the paradigm that in transsexuals sexual differentiation of the brain and genitals may go into opposite directions and point to a neurobiological basis of gender identity disorder.

In other words, men have twice as many hormone secreting neurons as women. This suggests that you (males) traveling down the NBE or pre hrt pathway may already, without realizing it, are predominantly in the female neuron range. (Just an opinion).

Haha, lol.....you've been warned. RolleyesWink

I just knew there was already a woman inside me. Tongue

(02-03-2016, 02:58 PM)elainecd Wrote:  I just knew there was already a woman inside me. Tongue

And what an awesome chic she is. Big GrinWink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon