Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anti-Androgens

(10-01-2015, 05:53 PM)twinklepose Wrote:  So is this bad or good for those of us who might, one day, just possibly, like to consider fatherhood?

You mean NBE in general?, if you have any concerns I'd look into storing (sperm banking), and talk to someone about all this, namely a medical professional.

NBE will have an affect, to what extent is a good question, whether it's directly or indirectly cannot be individually predicted, again, thus the need to speak to someone. Smile There are those of us who aren't really concerned about reproducing, and that's something worth repeating on occasion.

(10-01-2015, 06:22 PM)Demon Lord Etna Wrote:  One I don't see mentioned nearly enough is black cohosh. It has a very similar make up to saw palmetto, but is more stake in the raw herb form so it doesn't need any binders. This makes it gram for gram more effective in the long run.

Hi Etna,

How much black cohosh do you currently take?

(10-01-2015, 06:55 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(10-01-2015, 05:53 PM)twinklepose Wrote:  So is this bad or good for those of us who might, one day, just possibly, like to consider fatherhood?

You mean NBE in general?, if you have any concerns I'd look into storing (sperm banking), and talk to someone about all this, namely a medical professional.

NBE will have an affect, to what extent is a good question, whether it's directly or indirectly cannot be individually predicted, again, thus the need to speak to someone. Smile There are those of us who aren't really concerned about reproducing, and that's something worth repeating on occasion.

Thank you. Has anyone ever done this? ie go to the doctor, tell them what you're doing and ask for sperm tests? I assume you need to do this every few months or so? Wouldn't mind doing that. Not crazy about the kids idea myself, but my other half would like them one day.

(10-01-2015, 06:59 PM)twinklepose Wrote:  
(10-01-2015, 06:55 PM)Lotus Wrote:  

Thank you. Has anyone ever done this? ie go to the doctor, tell them what you're doing and ask for sperm tests? I assume you need to do this every few months or so? Wouldn't mind doing that. Not crazy about the kids idea myself, but my other half would like them one day.

There was somebody who got tested, I don't recall who it was though. And if I recall correctly the person wasn't on NBE long and decided to stop NBE for the reason of fatherhood. You could do a search function inside BN network and see if you find something, otherwise I'd do a search on sperm motility on the web.

(10-01-2015, 06:58 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(10-01-2015, 06:22 PM)Demon Lord Etna Wrote:  One I don't see mentioned nearly enough is black cohosh. It has a very similar make up to saw palmetto, but is more stake in the raw herb form so it doesn't need any binders. This makes it gram for gram more effective in the long run.

Hi Etna,

50 mg early
50 mg mid day
100 mg before bed

Always with PM

(10-01-2015, 07:25 PM)Demon Lord Etna Wrote:  
(10-01-2015, 06:58 PM)Lotus Wrote:  

Hi Etna,

50 mg early
50 mg mid day
100 mg before bed

Always with PM

You'd have see these posts here regarding black cohosh,

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=17416&pid=134941#pid134941

Posts 457 to 459

It probably doesn't get much fanfare because of those reports, regardless, the liver needs to be up to snuff to handle NBE in general. I had BC early in my starting program and stopped because I didn't think it was helping, It does shift the balance towards E1, which in the long run is the estrogen that is more protective against breast cancer.

Quote:I had originally stayed away from BC because of its weak estrogen like effects ( i did not want it to compete with my PM ) but, If I read into it a little more : In men, LH is also produced in the pituitary gland. LH binds to receptors in certain cells in the testes called Leydig cells. This leads to the release of testosterone, a hormone that is necessary for producing sperm cells. So I would think the BC is shutting the tests down, by suppressing the LH.

I've had kids.....parenthood is overrated. Rolleyes

(11-01-2015, 02:14 PM)elainecd Wrote:  I've had kids.....parenthood is overrated. Rolleyes

LOL Elaine ^5 Big Grin

(11-01-2015, 08:35 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(11-01-2015, 02:14 PM)elainecd Wrote:  I've had kids.....parenthood is overrated. Rolleyes

LOL Elaine ^5 Big Grin

I'll bet you love and spoil them just like the rest of us lol. Big Grin

Wow I forgot about this, but it's another potential tool for fighting DHT. (Fat men rejoice lol) Big Grin

Human type 3 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (aldo-keto reductase 1C2) and androgen metabolism in prostate cells.
In prostate cells AKR1C2 acts as a 3-ketosteroid reductase to eliminate 5alpha-DHT and prevents activation of the androgen receptor. AKR1C2 does not act as an oxidase due to either potent product inhibition by NADPH or because it cannot surmount the oxidative 17beta-HSD present. Neither AKR1C2, retinol dehydrogenase/3alpha-HSD nor 11-cis-retinol dehydrogenase is a source of 5alpha-DHT in PC-3 cells.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12810547

Androgen inactivation and steroid-converting enzyme expression in abdominal adipose tissue in men.
In conclusion, androgen inactivation was detected in abdominal adipose tissue in men, with higher 3alpha/beta-HSD activity in the s.c. versus Om depot. Higher Om 5alpha-DHT inactivation rates were found in obese compared with lean men. Further studies are required to elucidate whether local androgen inactivation in abdominal adipose tissue is involved in the modulation of adipocyte metabolism and regional fat distribution in men.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17170221

Androgen metabolism in adipose tissue: recent advances.
We speculate that glucocorticoid-induced androgen inactivation could locally decrease the exposure of adipose cells to active androgens and partially remove their inhibitory effect on adipogenesis. We hypothesize that body fat distribution patterns likely emerge from the local adipose tissue balance between active androgens and glucocorticoids in each fat compartment.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19022338

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon