Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New sub-board format is confusing to me...

Personally I prefer the previous layout, it was a lot easier to navigate, however I am grateful that eve has provided this forum so am happy to be patient and give new things a try

I personally understand the reasoning to all sides of this and see both the positives and negatives to all of them.
(I'm a Web Developer)

The end Goal appears to be to Organize things into categories to make things more easy to find.

The Problem with that is finding the Balance between having enough categories to organize things, but also few enough to keep from confusing people, never an easy task.

I Also understand where members who want things back to the way they were originally are coming from wanting simplicity and preferring to have everything on one page.

Here are a couple compromise ideas that may help keep at least a majority happy, unfortunately they will involve work on the forum staff's part of things, but i'm only throwing them out there as "ideas" to be taken or left.
  • Install a Hashtag like Topic/Post Categorization system where members can go back and categorize individual topics or posts without affecting the overall flow of the forum layout and have those linked to categories in a single separate "For Newbies" / "Reference" etc sub forum. (Would require a forum software mod to be installed)
  • Install a Forum Software Modification to enable users to "Show or Merge Subforums" in their account preferences.

(07-10-2014, 07:46 AM)bobie Wrote:  Personally I prefer the previous layout, it was a lot easier to navigate, however I am grateful that eve has provided this forum so am happy to be patient and give new things a try

I second this.

At first I was so confused, I thought my pages were'nt loading correctly and even went back, ran my Ccleaner , rebooted and returned to find the same thing. Hmmm...I thought. Used another comp and then I realized...takes us blondes a minute or two, sure enough, jumped to a post from one of my email notifications and Yep, there's that thread.
They've reorganized the thing!

I cruised around to try to find the sections and threads I usually hangout in...and it finally came together. Other than being a little blindsided by it all I can do this.

I was very used to the old layout, there were a few places that a request/idea had duplicate spots it could go but overall it was what I was used to.....it's hell when someone moves your cheese.LOL.
vote? Whatever works for the mod, although the old one was a little easier, you didn't have to drill down so far for what you were looking for.
Thanks for all you do...I Love this place!

(07-10-2014, 03:03 AM)MichelleM Wrote:  For those of us working off of phones with touchy 3G connections, having to keep going up and down the directory hierarchy is painful.

Its a lot harder to navigate on my droid... I thought I had changed some setting somewhere... lol

Wow, hadn't thought about how it would be on a mobile.
Bet its a beeatch with all the page loads.

(07-10-2014, 09:05 PM)elainecd Wrote:  Wow, hadn't thought about how it would be on a mobile.
Bet its a beeatch with all the page loads.

yeah..... way easier to just not come here... lol.

I just counted... 31 clicks to go in and out of every forum category and subcategory if I wanted to check every place a conversation MIGHT be happening (and then another 6 clicks trying to relocate this thread!). Formerly, 12 in and 12 out would cover everything and I thought that was ridiculous for the amount of traffic here. I concur with the others and especially Karen, it's easier (no, MUCH easier) to go someplace else.

I knew there was a reason not to have a internet cell phone. Yes, it's a hassle but not nearly as bad on a real computer.

I used to design web sites, and my thoughts were to make it as fast, convenient and simple as possible. Rather for commercial use or personal.

Maybe I will sit down and think about a good backbone outline that would work better and put it to the powers that is and be. Maybe they just need some good constructive thoughts???

Then go already.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon