Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anti-Androgens

This is interesting, it's edited with key points that relates to NBE, (always advancing NBE). Rolleyes

Less than 1% of the circulating testosterone is in a free form in males (less that 3% in females). Only when in a free form this hormone can exhibit its properties by connecting to the androgen receptors on the cell walls. Based on a study 14 to 50 per cent of the testosterone is bound to SHBG in males and 37 to 75 in females. It is worth mentioning that SHGB poses very high affinity for binding to testosterone. Therefore, changes in the SHGB levels noticeably influence the level of bioavailable testosterone.

Let’s discuss for a moment what exactly a testosterone bioavailability is. Other than SHGB there are two more testosterone-binding proteins, also called carriers. One of them is albumin. It is a low-affinity binding protein, thus testosterone bound to it is considered “bioavailable”. Albumin binds to testosterone in the range 45 to 85 per cent in men (25 – 65 in women). The third carrier is the cortisol binding globulin, which binds also with low-affinity to less that 1 % of the testosterone in circulation.
The free androgen index (FAI) indicates the amount of bioavailable testosterone. FAI is the sum of the free testosterone and the albumin and cortisol binding globulin. Or it’s the total serum testosterone minus the SHGB-bound testosterone.

It is now clear why we should focus our attention on the properties of SHGB. The levels of this binding protein increase when there is excess estrogen present.

Conversely, SHGB levels drop if the testosterone levels are elevated.

SHGB exhibits higher affinity to testosterone than to estrogen.

Testosterone is an estrogen precursor – it will convert to estrogen under the influence of the enzyme aromatase. Nothing that we don’t know so far. Here is where it gets interesting. Suppose that we have normal testosterone levels and we don’t suffer from any of the health ailments, which influence the SHGB levels. That means that SHGB levels are normal, too.

If more testosterone is converted to estrogen due to abnormal aromatase levels, the SHGB I will increase as well. SHGB, being more readily bound to testosterone, will leave us with excess estrogen levels in the system, which in turn will stimulate increased production of the SHGB protein from the liver. This whole process ultimately amplifies estrogen levels. Estrogen readily binds to the androgen receptors in cells thus leaving less opportunity for the free testosterone. Even more important, estrogen is the messenger molecule that signals the brain to decrease testosterone production.

Another thing of great importance is the fact that over 40 per cent of the SHGB protein circulates unbound in the blood stream in man (over 80 per cent in women), and albumin circulates unbound almost all of the time. Thus increase in the total testosterone levels does not produce any noticeable changes in the free testosterone levels unless there is a significant increase like the one seen after synthetic steroid hormone administration.

Thanks Lotus, that's indeed me.
.gif smiley-vault-misc-112.gif Size: 4.39 KB  Downloads: 301

(27-06-2014, 10:46 AM)Larana Wrote:  What it means Vegetarian capsules??

Vegetarian capsules use gelatin made from vegetable sources, regular gelatin is made from animal by-products (e.g. pork and beef bones, hooves and skin.)

BigDave

Lotus -

So, if I understand correctly, it may be desirable to increase one's SHBG, if one wishes to have more feminine traits, or at least to increase one's relative level of estrogen. And if that is correct, how do you increase your SHBG levels, thus reducing testosterone levels in relation to estrogen? I take it that you would want to increase your aromatase.

In http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=19581, you indicated that soy protein isolate, sunflower oil, soybean oil, safflower oil, corn oil and alcohol can increase aromatase. Are there other sources?

spanky

Hi Lotus,
I've been reading your posts on an approach for NBE that is based heavily on the aromatization of free T to increase estradiol levels in the body and, presumably, to produce better breast growth.

This is my understanding of the rationale for your idea:

Aromatase Approach

1. Estradiol is produced in the body from free T by the action of the enzyme aromatase.

[Image: TestosteroneEstradiol2.jpg]

2. There are herbs, like White Peony, that increase aromatase activity, so that if there is sufficient free T available, much of it will be converted to estradiol which will (along with miroestrol from PM) promote breast growth.

3. Herbs which lower one's free T level should be avoided because less estradiol can be produced (through aromatizaton) which will result in less or slower breast growth.

The Traditional Approach, which many of us have been pursuing, is based on driving down one's free T level with herbs like Spearmint in conjunction with taking sometimes large doses of PM. The lower free T level means that less estradiol is produced via aromatization, relying primarily on miroestral from PM with its ability to mimic estradiol to produce the desired breast growth.

The question is: Which approach is more effective?

The Aromatase Approach produces larger amounts of estradiol which is known to be much more powerful than miroestrol from PM. Therefore, less PM needs to be taken to get the equivalent estrogenic effect of the traditional approach. That's a plus.

On the other hand, the higher free T level in the Aromatase Approach means there will be more available T in the blood to compete at receptor sites, and more free T available to be converted to DHT making it more difficult to achieve other feminizing goals such as eliminating body hair, reducing muscle mass, etc. A strong anti-5ar herb should be included in the program (e.g., Reishi, Pygeum, Chinese Skullcap) to counter the higher DHT levels.

Since the Traditional Approach (attacking free T) has been shown to be effective over the years, I personally would hesitate to spend a year or more on the Aromatase Approach should it prove to be less effective. Again, that my personal opinion, but I'm open to having my mind changed if a strong case can be made.

It would be wonderful if someone would construct a program based on the Aromatase Approach to test its efficacy.

Any volunteers?

Clara Smile

(28-06-2014, 01:59 AM)spanky Wrote:  Lotus -

So, if I understand correctly, it may be desirable to increase one's SHBG, if one wishes to have more feminine traits, or at least to increase one's relative level of estrogen. And if that is correct, how do you increase your SHBG levels, thus reducing testosterone levels in relation to estrogen? I take it that you would want to increase your aromatase.

In http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=19581, you indicated that soy protein isolate, sunflower oil, soybean oil, safflower oil, corn oil and alcohol can increase aromatase. Are there other sources?

spanky

Hi spanky,

This is from the mayo clinic,

Clinical Information
Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), a homodimeric 90,000 to 100,000 molecular weight glycoprotein, is synthesized in the liver. Metabolic clearance of SHBG is biphasic, with a fast initial distribution from vascular compartment into extracellular space (half-life of a few hours), followed by a slower degradation phase (half-life of several days).

SHBG binds sex steroids with high affinity (KD approximately 10[-10]M), dihydrotestosterone (DHT) ->testosterone (T) ->estrone/estradiol (E). Although each monomeric subunit contains 1 steroid binding site, the dimer tends to bind only a single sex-steroid molecule. The main function of SHBG is sex-steroid transport within the blood stream and to extravascular target tissues. SHBG also plays a key role in regulating bioavailable sex-steroid concentrations through competition of sex steroids for available binding sites and fluctuations in SHBG concentrations. Because of the higher affinity of SHBG for DHT and T, compared to E, SHBG also has profound effects on the balance between bioavailable androgens and estrogens. Increased SHBG levels may be associated with symptoms and signs of hypogonadism in men, while decreased levels can result in androgenization in women.

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/t...etive/9285

Estrogens, particularly in oral form, stimulate the hepatic production of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) which binds with relatively high affinity to T, thereby reducing the bioavailability of androgens. The consequence of these dual effects is that both total and bioavailable testosterone levels are significantly reduced in women taking oral contraceptives or estrogen replacement for ovarian insufficiency.

(28-06-2014, 05:49 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(28-06-2014, 01:59 AM)spanky Wrote:  Lotus -

In http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=19581, you indicated that soy protein isolate, sunflower oil, soybean oil, corn oil and alcohol can increase aromatase. Are there other sources?

spanky

Hi spanky,

This is from the mayo clinic,

Clinical Information
Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), a homodimeric 90,000 to 100,000 molecular weight glycoprotein, is synthesized in the liver. Metabolic clearance of SHBG is biphasic, with a fast initial distribution from vascular compartment into extracellular space (half-life of a few hours), followed by a slower degradation phase (half-life of several days).

SHBG binds sex steroids with high affinity (KD approximately 10[-10]M), dihydrotestosterone (DHT) ->testosterone (T) ->estrone/estradiol (E). Although each monomeric subunit contains 1 steroid binding site, the dimer tends to bind only a single sex-steroid molecule. The main function of SHBG is sex-steroid transport within the blood stream and to extravascular target tissues. SHBG also plays a key role in regulating bioavailable sex-steroid concentrations through competition of sex steroids for available binding sites and fluctuations in SHBG concentrations. Because of the higher affinity of SHBG for DHT and T, compared to E, SHBG also has profound effects on the balance between bioavailable androgens and estrogens. Increased SHBG levels may be associated with symptoms and signs of hypogonadism in men, while decreased levels can result in androgenization in women.

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/t...etive/9285

Estrogens, particularly in oral form, stimulate the hepatic production of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) which binds with relatively high affinity to T, thereby reducing the bioavailability of androgens. The consequence of these dual effects is that both total and bioavailable testosterone levels are significantly reduced in women taking oral contraceptives or estrogen replacement for ovarian insufficiency.

As far Aromatase boosters go I read that tequila is one, it's also important to note that these are listed as AI's,

Aromatase Inhibitors
Foods that inhibit aromatase include blueberries, celery, sour cherries, cranberries, red grapes, purple grape juice, horseradish, kale, tomatoes, white button mushrooms and cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. FoodForBreastCancer.com says these foods also enhance the effectiveness of aromatase inhibitors. If you have estrogen-dependent breast cancer, seek the advice of your oncologist before including these foods in your diet.

(28-06-2014, 03:32 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Hi Lotus,
I've been reading your posts on an approach for NBE that is based heavily on the aromatization of free T to increase estradiol levels in the body and, presumably, to produce better breast growth.

Aromatase Approach

1. Estradiol is produced in the body from free T by the action of the enzyme aromatase.

2. There are herbs, like White Peony, that increase aromatase activity, so that if there is sufficient free T available, much of it will be converted to estradiol which will (along with miroestrol from PM) promote breast growth.

3. Herbs which lower one's free T level should be avoided because less estradiol can be produced (through aromatizaton) which will result in less or slower breast growth.

The Traditional Approach, which many of us have been pursuing, is based on driving down one's free T level with herbs like Spearmint in conjunction with taking sometimes large doses of PM. The lower free T level means that less estradiol is produced via aromatization, relying primarily on miroestral from PM with its ability to mimic estradiol to produce the desired breast growth.

The Aromatase Approach produces larger amounts of estradiol which is known to be much more powerful than miroestrol from PM. Therefore, less PM needs to be taken to get the equivalent estrogenic effect of the traditional approach. That's a plus.

On the other hand, the higher free T level in the Aromatase Approach means there will be more available T in the blood to compete at receptor sites, and more free T available to be converted to DHT making it more difficult to achieve other feminizing goals such as eliminating body hair, reducing muscle mass, etc. A strong anti-5ar herb should be included in the program (e.g., Reishi, Pygeum, Chinese Skullcap) to counter the higher DHT levels.

Since the Traditional Approach (attacking free T) has been shown to be effective over the years, I personally would hesitate to spend a year or more on the Aromatase Approach should it prove to be less effective. Again, that my personal opinion, but I'm open to having my mind changed if a strong case can be made.

It would be wonderful if someone would construct a program based on the Aromatase Approach to test its efficacy.

Any volunteers?

Clara Smile

Very nice Clara,

Sometimes moving new ideas forward is controversial, I completely understand conventional thinking on this, I actually did volunteer myself about 2 months ago, so all I can tell you is it worked for me, although individual results will vary imo. It's risky, do I want to abandon what I've been told is successful even though I'm not seeing the results I want?, well that's the $64,000.00 question, only you (members) can decide that question. I ask again what's deemed successful?, imo it's a full C or D-cup, what's the percentage of that based on traditional programs?, (not picking).

Btw, I've been hunting for something stronger then WP to get the job done, unfortunately it's all I've found. So any help on that would be appreciated.

(28-06-2014, 06:13 AM)Lotus Wrote:  

Aromatase Approach

Any volunteers?

Clara Smile

Very nice Clara,

Sometimes moving new ideas forward is controversial, I completely understand conventional thinking on this, I actually did volunteer myself about 2 months ago, so all I can tell you is it worked for me, although individual results will vary imo. It's risky, do I want to abandon what I've been told is successful even though I'm not seeing the results I want?, well that's the $64,000.00 question, only you (members) can decide that question. I ask again what's deemed successful?, imo it's a full C or D-cup, what's the percentage of that based on traditional programs?, (not picking).

Btw, I've been hunting for something stronger then WP to get the job done, unfortunately it's all I've found. So any help on that would be appreciated.

accordingly White Peony is not pretty strong?You couldn't feel the effectiveness? The next step souldn't be dangerous way Lotus??

In the meantime: does its need stronger DHT blocker?

(28-06-2014, 06:13 AM)Lotus Wrote:  

Aromatase Approach

Any volunteers?

Clara Smile

Very nice Clara,

Wow. My head swims. Or does the breast stroke.

Isn't it true that there are adverse health effect of high levels of DHT and estradiol? If so, are these not risk factors for the aromatase approach?

ok, pulled the trigger and ordered a bottle of WP extract capsules (600mg per) should be here Wednesday.

have also been on a break from everything for the last 7 days.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon