Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anti-Androgens

(26-05-2014, 04:17 PM)rocketmelon Wrote:  
(26-05-2014, 03:47 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(26-05-2014, 12:37 AM)rocketmelon Wrote:  dear lotus do you know if peppermint works as good as spearmint ?..I only managed to get peppermint..turns out it tasted crazy amazing and I can't stuff drinking it <3 aw man you have to try dis stuff...anyway.....is this good for nbe ...I hear it is estrogenic so will it interfere with pm? (you know estro clash) ?_? is it an-andro thingy ?
can I keep drinking it cause I really love it =/

thanx
from the annoying rocket melon ;] from outer space! Big Grin

Hey there rocket,

Well, according to a 2007 (pay study) Peppermint has a stronger estrogenic activity, so we know that phytoestrogens exert there activity through ER-(estrogen receptors) mediated transactivation as the binding induces phytoestrogens ER's to act as ligand-dependent transcription factor.

Just remember that tea inhibits iron absorption:

Tea's Effect on Iron Absorption
http://caffeinatedepiphany.typepad.com/c...ption.html

So, imo (peppermint) activates receptors, and PM needs a metabolic activation to help it work better.

thank you lovely11 & lotus =]
and as lovely said it can be used an anti-androgen so it's fine without spearmint ...... lovely11 link showed peppermint is a lil cross bred plant...(des plants spearmint & water mint have being getting in on ;] ) so it's got the genes of spearmint which makes it a--OK right ?..and it's not as toxic as corn-mint so "yay" then (=

so you feel if peppermint activates receptors it's good to mix with pm?

and overall peppy peppermint is something I can take Big Grin as long as I watch muh iron levels... do you know foods good for promoting iron absorption or counteracting peppy mint's bad behavior ?

(= it's really a nice tasting tea ..I wonder if spearmint is this nice ...I take a whole lot not just for nbe but taste is great!

aw thnx everybody ;] lotus/lovely

-outerspace rocketed melon ;]

Oh yeah, you know I do space-nut, Wink

Check this one out,
http://fscn.cfans.umn.edu/prod/groups/cf...122645.pdf

Eating strawberries, green peppers, citrus fruits, leafy greens, seafood (proteins), grains, dried beans (legumes), foods rich in vitamin C can triple the bio-availability of iron.

However, I've found that some of these foods also inhibit iron absorption, so go figure right?. Wink

Eggs, peppermint, coffee, tea, cocoa , fiber, etc! Rolleyes

Oh yeah, spearmint and peppermint are from the same genus mentha family known as Lamiaceae.

thanx ;]
good thing I eat meh veggies .
and I take a lot of vit C ..it's too easy
huh that's interesting in your link it says your body absorbs more iron when it's low ..that trust worthy machine always looking out for me =')

ee haha ;] thanx just the info I needed
have a nice day

Tongue writen by some kind of taking melon from space

Lotus:

"WP-I would say every other to start then combine (all) in the second week. "

does it will good thing mixed these strong agents with PM?
you told me LC in every another day. Hmmm?
Let's see simple:

1500 mg PM (increased now)
450mg Licorice (every second day) or 250 mg?---->Once or twice?
3 drops White Peony every day----> for once or twice? 200 ml=7-8 oz about?
500mg Maca on every day,once-twice?

Thanks.How can you know so much things about it?Do you read it,or did you work in Pharmacy,are you a doctor? Big Grin

most of the time i don't understand biochemical operations, but the point is there Smile

Red Reishi is on sale @Swansons: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-p...mg-60-caps

2 bottles with 60 capsules for $4.99 Smile

(27-05-2014, 11:06 AM)Larana Wrote:  Lotus:

"WP-I would say every other to start then combine (all) in the second week. "

does it will good thing mixed these strong agents with PM?
you told me LC in every another day. Hmmm?

Yes, you would take all 3 together (LR-every other day though)

Let's see simple:

1500 mg PM (increased now) ok, good
450mg Licorice (every second day) or 250 mg? Yes
3 drops White Peony every day----> for once or twice? 200 ml=7-8 oz about?

The dropper can hold about 40 drops, so 2-3 x daily of the dropper full of the 40 drops mixed in with 7-8 ounces of water. (40-60 drops is roughly 1-2 teaspoons)

500mg Maca on every day,once-twice?

1x daily to start, increase when you feel comfortable to 2x daily

Thanks.How can you know so much things about it?Do you read it,or did you work in Pharmacy,are you a doctor? Big Grin

Lol, just from experience, somehow I can process most of it, the info is out there and sometimes re-reading it up to several times till it sinks in is what you have to do to get a handle on it, lol. (You can do it too, it takes time so patience is good) Wink

most of the time i don't understand biochemical operations, but the point is there Smile

Document as much as you can, photos, any interactions, how you felt, etc. (if at all possible, it's not necessary but it's just for tracking any results).

(27-05-2014, 03:54 PM)peggy Wrote:  Red Reishi is on sale @Swansons: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-p...mg-60-caps

Thanks Peggy! Wink that's a good deal.

(27-05-2014, 04:42 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(27-05-2014, 03:54 PM)peggy Wrote:  Red Reishi is on sale @Swansons: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-p...mg-60-caps

Lotus,

What dose would you recommend for this?

Michelle

(27-05-2014, 07:16 PM)MichelleM Wrote:  

Lotus,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

2x daily seems ok, 3x spread out daily is also an option, as you know with any supplements you have to see how well you metabolize it first before adjusting. Smile

(27-05-2014, 09:04 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(27-05-2014, 07:16 PM)MichelleM Wrote:  

Lotus,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

2x daily seems ok, 3x spread out daily is also an option, as you know with any supplements you have to see how well you metabolize it first before adjusting. Smile

Thanks! Smile

(27-05-2014, 04:38 PM)Lotus Wrote:  3 drops White Peony every day----> for once or twice? 200 ml=7-8 oz about?

The dropper can hold about 40 drops, so 2-3 x daily of the dropper full of the 40 drops mixed in with 7-8 ounces of water. (40 drops is roughly 1-2 tablespoons)

The suggested dose on the Iowa Select Herbs bottle says...
40-60 drops (1teaspoon/5ml)
2 to 3 times a day in juice or water.

but then that's what it says on all of their bottles so go figure.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon