Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mental compartmentalization of brain rewiring?

Hello all.

I've been thinking more about the extent brain rewiring has had on me. It's clear I think that since starting pm I have become a more affectionate person who has also developed various feminine interests. For example, for the first time ever, I sent Valentine Day cards to several of my female relatives. I've developed a newfound interest in Disney musicals (Yes Sarah, I can hear you giggling again about that one). I've bought several feminine posters to decorate my home. I recently purchased some artificial roses to adorn my kitchen table.

On the other hand, my beliefs concerning hot-button issues such as politics, religion, abortion, gun control, etc. have undergone relatively little change over the last few years. I think my second reply in the "got fired yesterday" thread illustrates my objective and perhaps aloof nature. It makes me wonder whether it's just a matter of compartmentalizing or that the brain rewiring is more likely to affect certain parts of the brain more than others? Or maybe it's that I could very well have identical beliefs on such issues even if I was a genetic female?

Your thoughts on this?

(16-02-2014, 04:30 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Hello all.

I've been thinking more about the extent brain rewiring has had on me. It's clear I think that since starting pm I have become a more affectionate person who has also developed various feminine interests. For example, for the first time ever, I sent Valentine Day cards to several of my female relatives. I've developed a newfound interest in Disney musicals (Yes Sarah, I can hear you giggling again about that one). I've bought several feminine posters to decorate my home. I recently purchased some artificial roses to adorn my kitchen table.

On the other hand, my beliefs concerning hot-button issues such as politics, religion, abortion, gun control, etc. have undergone relatively little change over the last few years. I think my second reply in the "got fired yesterday" thread illustrates my objective and perhaps aloof nature. It makes me wonder whether it's just a matter of compartmentalizing or that the brain rewiring is more likely to affect certain parts of the brain more than others? Or maybe it's that I could very well have identical beliefs on such issues even if I was a genetic female?

Your thoughts on this?
Great questions, Flame! I have wrestled with some similar ideas myself of late, honey. Since there obviously exist GG's that live on all sides of the second group of concerns you mentioned (politics, religion etc), is it not likely that these are front of the brain, logic or intellectual concerns, and unaffected objectively by gender, while the other concerns are more emotional by nature, and thus more likely to fall into more traditional compartments of male and female thinking? IDK, but that seems likely to me.

Flame,
Another interesting question. I like the way your brain works. Wink

The way I see it from my own experience is that my views on politics, religion, etc. are unchanged since re-wiring my brain with PM. That makes me think that there is little or no rewiring taking place, except that my temperament definitely has changed. I'm not as inclined to become irritated or angry as before. I'm more patient, less anxious. I listen better, am more sensitive to the feelings of others, and often show a more emotional response in some situations. I'm generally happier than I was before taking steps to address my gender dissonance.

To the extent that I'm more receptive to the feelings of others, my positions on some issues have softened. I can empathize now where I once was quick to criticized. I can forgive now where I once condemned.

So I think I'm still true to my principles, but now see things from a more humanistic point of view. Things are less black and white to me.

Clara Smile

(16-02-2014, 05:04 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Flame,

The way I see it from my own experience is that my views on politics, religion, etc. are unchanged since re-wiring my brain with PM. That makes me think that there is little or no rewiring taking place, except that my temperament definitely has changed. I'm not as inclined to become irritated or angry as before. I'm more patient, less anxious. I listen better, am more sensitive to the feelings of others, and often show a more emotional response in some situations. I'm generally happier than I was before taking steps to address my gender dissonance.

To the extent that I'm more receptive to the feelings of others, my positions on some issues have softened. I can empathize now where I once quick to criticized. I can forgive now where I once condemned.

So I think I'm still true to my principles, but now see things from a more humanistic point of view. Things are less black and white to me.

Clara Smile

Ditto, Clara...my experience exactly.Smile

Flame,
I agree with you also since I started taking pm . I seem to be more open with my feelings. I'm also more relaxed and level headed. I can handle pressure more. I don't have that feel like I have to please everyone I feel more liberated and free I don't ever want to go back to my old feelings. I hope this feeling last a long time and my body doesn't get immune to it. I was very agressive before I don't want that feeling anymore. I do have a question is pm the only herb that can give me this feel of rewiringing .
Thanks again Flame for the excellent posts.

I think the so-called "Brain Rewiring" more just Relieves the disphoric symptoms and allows us to "Let our Hair Down" as the saying goes.

You only need to look at average human behavior under intense undue stress & confusion (& sometimes extended sleep deprivation) to see the link.

There is truth in that, too, Lenneth. Good parallel!

I read a great article in the run up to the 2008 election between Obama and McCain regarding the wiring of self described conservatives and liberals. In the piece an experiment was conducted where participants watched a movie with clips of a lot of hot-botton issues (for both the Left and Right) and the researchers monitored the body's responsess; heart rate, blood pressure, respirator rate, pupil dilation, etc.

The conservatives had a more stronger response then the liberals which resulted in a differences in the flight or fight response of the nervous system. They went on to conclude that humans have evolved (or were intelligently designed) into two main groups - one that had a better chance of survival if attacked by a wild animal, the other having the patience to domesticate an animal to help them survive.

And this is probably why the Right gets so much more worked up about issues and how Fox News is able to exploit this very innate survival mechanism. Guns, killing unborn persons, drill baby drill, war on this and war on that...

Like I said in a previous post, I'm from the liberal northeast. I believe in natural selection and climate change. And here's a thought on Natural Section.

Who is the more successful human being. The Harvard Business grad six-figure salaried man who marries a Yale Law grad working a prestigious firm and have two Honor Roll kids OR the conquering soldier working for a brutal War Lord that rapes and pillages hundreds of women and villages - having 20 plus children who he will never know or care about.

Genetically speaking the soldier is more successful though not any more highly "evolved."

(16-02-2014, 05:04 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Flame,

Thank you. Blush

Maybe it's the brain rewiring? Tongue

(16-02-2014, 05:04 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  So I think I'm still true to my principles, but now see things from a more humanistic point of view. Things are less black and white to me.

Interesting. With me though, I don't see my analytic reasoning as being influenced by pm in the slightest. When dealing with my principles and the big issues in life, my focus is more on what works and what has the backing of factual evidence, versus what seems to be more comforting or reassuring to hear. I realize both males and females can be more of a thinker than a feeler, but it perplexes me as to how I compartmentalize my dual natures so to speak.

(16-02-2014, 05:14 AM)Connie5 Wrote:  Flame,
I agree with you also since I started taking pm . I seem to be more open with my feelings. I'm also more relaxed and level headed. I can handle pressure more. I don't have that feel like I have to please everyone I feel more liberated and free I don't ever want to go back to my old feelings. I hope this feeling last a long time and my body doesn't get immune to it. I was very agressive before I don't want that feeling anymore. I do have a question is pm the only herb that can give me this feel of rewiringing .
Thanks again Flame for the excellent posts.

Your welcome.

I don't think pm is the only herb that can promote brain rewiring, though it tends to be the one to get the most prestige on this forum. BO is another herb I think that can achieve brain rewiring.

(16-02-2014, 06:45 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  I think the so-called "Brain Rewiring" more just Relieves the disphoric symptoms and allows us to "Let our Hair Down" as the saying goes.

You only need to look at average human behavior under intense undue stress & confusion (& sometimes extended sleep deprivation) to see the link.

Thanks Lenneth, I find this to be a concise and very straight-forward definition of brain rewiring. Smile It definitely provides an answer to my questions about my seemingly dual nature.

Jessica,

When it comes to political affiliations, I don't identify with the left or the right. I'm an independent. While I think both sides do advocate some good principles, both parties tend to act the same when in power unfortunately. For instance, Obama hasn't brought the troops home nor has he ended the war on drugs. Bush expanded the role of the federal government with Medicare Part D and the No Child Left Behind Act. Why is it that candidate Obama and candidate Bush did a complete 180 after becoming president in terms of principle and priorities?

It bothers me how both main parties champion some liberties but trashes other. It's the politicians who believe in protecting both civil and economic liberties and restricting the powers of the federal government as stated in the Constitution who I truly admire and respect.

In regards to your question about who is more successful I think it depends. For instance, does the prestigious law firm lobby the government to pass unconstitutional laws in order to line their pockets from trite lawsuits? Does the Harvard man care more about enriching himself at the expense of others rather than protecting the natural rights of individuals? Like the soldier, he also could be having illegitimate children, not by rape but by marital affairs.

Has the soldier been conscripted? Is it possible for the soldier to recognize the errors of his government and eventually becomes a non-interventionist who also advocates the draft be fully abolished?

Flame,

I totally agree with you that Presidents don't act like the candidates they were. The candidates use the brain wiring of their core-constituency to gather support and rally the troops so to speak. But once in power the blessed and cursed separation of powers tends to blunt all the campaign rhetoric. Still, nearly a third of the population falls somewhere in the middle and both sides play off the emotion of fear to garner votes of the independents (I find this funny because could you imagine if a third the population was TG).

The point of the brutal soldier vs the intellectual couple is that human evolution may not be moving toward a being of supreme intelligence. The soldiers DNA is passed on to 10x as many offspring increasing the chances those genes continue another generation... Natural Selection. But that was just an exercise in thought.

To your point of brain rewiring... PM probably has some effect on brain chemistry. I believe that. Maybe soften the edges so to speak. After all, communication in the human body is a two way streak. The brain is constantly interpreting what your body is "doing" and adapting to it. So if the body becomes more curvy, softer to the touch, then maybe one's emotions can become softer too. Yet PM wouldn't change your intellectual side.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon