Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Shedding scalp hair for two months now - WTF??

After two years on FG/Red Clover followed by a switch to Reishi and low dose PM for about 7 months, I've found a dramatic increase in the number of hairs in the bathtub drain. I'm middle-aged and have been using topical minoxidil for decades. I've had a frontal recession and a small thin area on the crown of my head, but I'm not bald, just thinning/receding.

Herbs have brought about some thickening and regrowth and I thought I was on the right track, but I'm losing about 100 "telogen" hairs every time I shower (these are "shed" hairs with a tiny bulb on the end). My bald area seems much larger but I don't have comparison photos. It has to be, considering the amount of hairs that have fallen out.

I have an annually physical exam scheduled and plan on requesting a DHT test (and possibly other hormones??) and also plan on following up with a dermatologist, but I'm freaking out a little. Like "when will this freaking stop!??!??!!"

One very interesting thing is this: I've been growing my hair long - it has gone from a short two inches to about 4 inches over the past 9 months, but the hairs that are shedding are short - maybe two and a half inches.

I'm hoping that this is a temporary shed that means that a new, bigger, better anagen (growing) phase is going to begin, but TWO MONTHS AND COUNTING??

I guess that the upside is that I can probably get a prescription for finasteride.

Thoughts? I really need some advice here.
Thanks.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Shedding scalp hair for two months now - WTF?? - by Nipply Russel - 12-09-2019, 04:32 AM
RE: Shedding scalp hair for two months now - WTF?? - by Stevenator. - 12-09-2019, 07:45 AM
RE: Shedding scalp hair for two months now - WTF?? - by happyboobs - 12-09-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: Shedding scalp hair for two months now - WTF?? - by Nipply Russel - 13-09-2019, 12:21 AM
RE: Shedding scalp hair for two months now - WTF?? - by Stevenator. - 13-09-2019, 12:30 AM
RE: Shedding scalp hair for two months now - WTF?? - by Nipply Russel - 01-12-2019, 07:57 PM