Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Starting Domperidone

I'm 69 and have been on MTF HRT for 40 months, and while the usual results from lowered T have manifested themselves, not much has happened on the boob front.  I had slight moobs to begin with, and never even got breast buds until 12 months, and only very slight nipple and breast growth over the next year (all this was while on oral E and Spiro).

At 24 months I started injections, and am currently on 5 mg/week of EEn along with 12.5 mg Cypro and 0.5 mg Dutasteride every 3 days.  E2 levels are at 431 pg/mL, T is at 19 ng/dL, and DHT at <5 ng/dL.  Nipples have gotten larger, but areolas are still male-ish, while boobs have filled out more so I fit snugly into a 44D/46C bra.  However...without a bra, I pretty much just look like I have medium size moobs.

I've tried Progesterone on and off, but hadn't seen much results with either boob growth or libido increase, so not taking it.  I've also tried a few courses of taking E tablets orally (2 mg/day for 7 days) to increase Estrone and jump-start breast growth...but that hasn't worked well, either.

So...based on a few things I've read, I've started taking Domperidone (initially 10 mg 3 times daily, then increasing by one 10 mg pill each week up to 60 mg/day total).  Don't really want to be lactating or nursing, but have heard it forces breast tissue maturation and growth.

I just started my second week, so now taking 20 mg/10 mg/10 mg each day, and...I am feeling fullness and pressure around the upper outside quadrant of each breast (my buds seem to form slightly above and to the outside of my nipple, and most of my breast tissue seems to be up in that quadrant) along with the odd twinge of pain that I associate with breast growth.  I'm thinking this may be starting to have results.

Will post more at least weekly, and try and get some pics up here as soon as I can.

Never heard of it but the Wikipedia entry for this drug makes for a rather interesting read. Apparently, it's not allowed to be sold in the US even by prescription (risk of arrhythmias, especially in men).

The hormone prolactin stimulates lactation (production of breast milk). Dopamine, released by the hypothalamus stops the release of prolactin from the pituitary gland. Domperidone, by acting as an anti-dopaminergic agent, results in increased prolactin secretion, and thus promotes lactation (that is, it is a galactogogue). Domperidone moderately increases the volume of expressed breast milk in mothers of preterm babies where breast milk expression was inadequate, and appears to be safe for short-term use for this purpose.[18][19][20] In the United States, domperidone is not approved for this or any other use.

Due to D2 receptor blockade, domperidone causes hyperprolactinemia.[30] Hyperprolactinemia can suppress the secretion of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus, in turn suppressing the secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) and resulting in hypogonadism (low sex hormone (e.g., testosterone, estradiol) levels).[31] As such, male patients may experience low libido, erectile dysfunction, and impaired spermatogenesis.[31] Also in accordance with hyperprolactinemia, 10–15% of female patients have been reported to experience mammoplasia (breast enlargement), mastodynia (breast pain/tenderness), galactorrhea (inappropriate or excessive milk production/secretion), and amenorrhea (cessation of menstrual cycles) with domperidone treatment.[30] Gynecomastia has been reported in males treated with domperidone,[32] and galactorrhea could occur in males as well.[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domperidone

(13-01-2022, 01:40 AM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  Never heard of it but the Wikipedia entry for this drug makes for a rather interesting read. Apparently, it's not allowed to be sold in the US even by prescription (risk of arrhythmias, especially in men).

The hormone prolactin stimulates lactation (production of breast milk). Dopamine, released by the hypothalamus stops the release of prolactin from the pituitary gland. Domperidone, by acting as an anti-dopaminergic agent, results in increased prolactin secretion, and thus promotes lactation (that is, it is a galactogogue). Domperidone moderately increases the volume of expressed breast milk in mothers of preterm babies where breast milk expression was inadequate, and appears to be safe for short-term use for this purpose.[18][19][20] In the United States, domperidone is not approved for this or any other use.

Due to D2 receptor blockade, domperidone causes hyperprolactinemia.[30] Hyperprolactinemia can suppress the secretion of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus, in turn suppressing the secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) and resulting in hypogonadism (low sex hormone (e.g., testosterone, estradiol) levels).[31] As such, male patients may experience low libido, erectile dysfunction, and impaired spermatogenesis.[31] Also in accordance with hyperprolactinemia, 10–15% of female patients have been reported to experience mammoplasia (breast enlargement), mastodynia (breast pain/tenderness), galactorrhea (inappropriate or excessive milk production/secretion), and amenorrhea (cessation of menstrual cycles) with domperidone treatment.[30] Gynecomastia has been reported in males treated with domperidone,[32] and galactorrhea could occur in males as well.[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domperidone

I very much hope that mammoplasia just means breast enlargement and not harmful growths within the breasts.

Imagine experiencing the double whammy of sudden extreme mammoplasia and galactorrhea! One can dream!  Tongue

Correct.  I got it from InHouse Pharmacy, and am starting and keeping to a very low value, as well as monitoring for any issues.

Posting (trying to) starting picture, 40 months MTF HRT, pre-Domperidone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OK, it's been 1 day into my 3rd weeks.  I started with 10 mg 3 times daily, and am increasing an additional 10 mg each week (last week was 2x, 1x, 1x, and today I started 2x, 2x, 1x).  I am also on 5 mg EEn weekly, 0.5 Dutasteride every 3 days, and was on 200 mg Progesterone daily, but have stopped that to not drive my prolactin too high.

I have been feeling fuller in my breast areas, especially the right one under my arm (both my breasts seem to have tissue extending under my arms), and some "zingers" of pain every-once-in-a-while, nothing too dramatic, though.  Nipples have remained sore the entire time, and generally stay hard all day except for a few periods where they "relax".

Today, I tried gentle squeezes using both hands and pressing upwards from root to tip of breasts, and got a very slight amount of wetness on the left nipple (barely visible), but a visible, whitish drop on my right nipple.

I don't want to get to the point of dripping milk from my breasts, or making my shirts wet (since I'm deeply-stealth), so may keep at this dose, or may go up to 2x, 2x, 2x, or 60 mg/day in a week, not sure yet...

Attached pics, not sure if the wetness can be seen well...

Two of my favorite bras.  When I wear them, my nipples always harden up in the cups, and...I feel very feminine...

Alas, those few drops I managed to squeeze out during my second week on Domperidone...were the only and last ones.  Since then...dry as a bone, although I do have more breast tissue volume, and they feel firmer, so...something is continuing to happen.

Found an Adult BreastFeeding subreddit, and looks like most of those female or trans female people had to introduce pumping to induce, even with Domperidone, so...have manual breast pump coming in from Amazon next week.

I have also stopped my EEn injections (5 mg/week) and Progesterone (200 mg/day rectally) as supposedly if you have E and P going on, lactation can't start.  Plan on going for two weeks without to see if that induces milk.

Other than that...no new news.

Attached some pictures showing a bit of progress--size-wise, anyway.  Starting my sixth week on Dom, and finally started being able to manually express whitish fluid from the right nipple again, also pulling out some white...not sure what, but was told they were the waxy plugs that fill the milk ducts.  I have been taking Sunflower Lecithin, and doing warm compresses to assist in the plugs coming out.  Looks a bit like squeezing out a whitehead.  Got a few out on my right nipple, one large one on my left nipple.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon