Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

Heya Lotus

I seen you mention that you put reishi powder in you morning coffee; is the most cost effective way you've found to use it?

I too have a bag of reishi powder and made myself a vegetable glycerin based extraction however i personally think the commercial alcohol brand i previously used was better as (apologies if tmi) i could smell it in my urine however it got popular and therefore price has skyrocketed. Plus my hair still growing quickly and thick using my diy reishi. Our alcohol for sale here is low percentage compared with US so I'd say I'd be wasting my time hence why i  tried vegie glycerin.

Also read that you need to process the reishi to break down cell walls to make nutrients available; what's your opinion on this? And does simply putting it in a hot coffee do this?

Also normal green tea vs matcha; i liked and drank matcha however then there were supply issues so swapped to regular green tea and i feel matcha was better; opinion?

Bonny x

(19-02-2021, 04:12 PM)Happyme Wrote:  What a lovely word:
titrated

I'll have to add that to my repertoire
Thanks
Bobbi

I'm always happy when you're happy Boobie, @ Happyme.  Tongue

(21-02-2021, 08:13 AM)HelloDiDi Wrote:  Ok, payday and ordering reishi here I come. Big Grin

Awesome, I can't wait to see how it works out for you.

(21-02-2021, 09:54 PM)Bonny2.0 Wrote:  

Heya Lotus

I seen you mention that you put reishi powder in you morning coffee; is the most cost effective way you've found to use it?

Hi Bonny, so good to hear from you again.

Two ways I like to take Reishi, 
  1. 1 scoop in daily coffee
  2. 1 scoop in hot dark cacao (yummy) 
I've read people use reishi in smoothies, or tea. 

I too have a bag of reishi powder and made myself a vegetable glycerin based extraction however i personally think the commercial alcohol brand i previously used was better as (apologies if tmi) i could smell it in my urine however it got popular and therefore price has skyrocketed. Plus my hair still growing quickly and thick using my diy reishi. Our alcohol for sale here is low percentage compared with US so I'd say I'd be wasting my time hence why i  tried vegie 

I understand about skyrocketing prices. What did you use to make your vegetable glycerin with?. 0lno, 

(21-02-2021, 09:54 PM)Bonny2.0 Wrote:  glycerin.

Also read that you need to process the reishi to break down cell walls to make nutrients available; what's your opinion on this? 

You're referring to the chitin, this is how they break it down.
Quote:Mushroom Science 
Hot water extraction dissolves the indigestible fiber (chitin), allowing the fiber to be removed from the extract when the water is removed. This process concentrates the polysaccharides to the effective levels identified in the published research.
https://mushroomscience.com/hot-water-extracted/

(21-02-2021, 09:54 PM)Bonny2.0 Wrote:  And does simply putting it in a hot coffee do this?

No, it's already done by the manufacturer. 

Also normal green tea vs matcha; i liked and drank matcha however then there were supply issues so swapped to regular green tea and i feel matcha was better; opinion?

Bonny x

Matcha tea is 2-3x stronger than regular green tea. With regular green tea the quality is questionable. I agree, the matcha is better, plus you'll only consume 2-5 oz. per day because of it being stronger. 

So, funny story, i decided to splurge on a bit of matcha green tea powder while at a Trader  Joe's, not knowing it was good for NBE (outside of just green tea in general). However, I already take GTE, so if i were to switch over to matcha, would that be more or less effective? Perhaps the same?

-Dru

(22-02-2021, 08:28 AM)DruLactin Wrote:  So, funny story, i decided to splurge on a bit of matcha green tea powder while at a Trader  Joe's, not knowing it was good for NBE (outside of just green tea in general). However, I already take GTE, so if i were to switch over to matcha, would that be more or less effective? Perhaps the same?

-Dru

Hi Dru,

With regular green tea quality is always a concern, meaning the age, loose flake, stems, etc. Matcha preparations use the tea leaves, thus making it 2-3 times stronger. There was a study calming that matcha was 137 times stronger...but that's misleading. Meaning an 8 oz cup of coffee with about 28mg of caffeine would equal 3836mg of caffeine...which is impossible. (@ null hypothesis).

I don't know how i missed this, i'm sorry. In the end i did find another brand of Reishi capsules more specifically this: link
T
his was a really good advice and i'll keep it in case this new Reishi should prove itself ineffective or if in the future i would not be able to purchase anymore.  Apparently Green Tea with EGCG (50%) is easier to find than Reishi with Beta-Glucans  :D .
Dumb question: i should take only one of these two right? (Reishi OR Green Tea?)
Again, thank you for the advice! I apologize if i've seen it only now.  :shy:

Re: vegetable glycerin

I researched and then purchased my vegetable glycerin online (didn't make it) apparently not all vegetable are equal meaning some are not for consumption. I then used it, along with distilled water and reishi powder, am pretty sure i wouldn't do it again though i think it missed the potency, my chin hairs still grew fast and thick hehe.

(23-02-2021, 09:43 PM)Bonny2.0 Wrote:  

Re: vegetable glycerin

I researched and then purchased my vegetable glycerin online (didn't make it) apparently not all vegetable are equal meaning some are not for consumption. I then used it, along with distilled water an
d reishi powder, am pretty sure i wouldn't do it again though i think it missed the potency, my chin hairs still grew fast and thick hehe.

Hi Bonny, 

Ok thanks. The reason I asked was trying to figure out what type of fatty acid was used, e.g. Medium chain triglycerides or long chain fatty acid. MCT's are considered better but WTF, they go right through you.  HuhRolleyes

Contrasting metabolic effects of medium- versus long-chain fatty acids in skeletal muscle[S]
Dietary intake of long-chain fatty acids (LCFAs) plays a causative role in insulin resistance and risk of diabetes. Whereas LCFAs promote lipid accumulation and insulin resistance, diets rich in medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) have been associated with increased oxidative metabolism and reduced adiposity, with few deleterious effects on insulin action.0
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3826680/

(23-02-2021, 03:20 PM)Alexis P Wrote:  I don't know how i missed this, i'm sorry. In the end i did find another brand of Reishi capsules more specifically this: link
T
his was a really good advice and i'll keep it in case this new Reishi should prove itself ineffective or if in the future i would not be able to purchase anymore.  Apparently Green Tea with EGCG (50%) is easier to find than Reishi with Beta-Glucans  Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin"> .
Dumb question: i should take only one of these two right? (Reishi OR Green Tea?)
Again, thank you for the advice! I apologize if i've seen it only now.  Shy" alt="Shy" title="Shy">

Hi Alexis

No worries, it's cool. Good question, albiet similar they both have their separate health and wellness aspects. 1-2 cups of green tea should pose an issue.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon