Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

(01-07-2016, 12:11 AM)Pinnochia Wrote:  She has gotten pretty broken down , bad legs, bad balance, (a terrible combination). and she fights chronic illnesses as well as i do,,.

So sorry to hear that pino. Every moment is precious indeed. I was holding my mom's hand as she passed, and as I saw the life go out her I screamed at her, " don't go!!! come back!! " (2-3 times) I'm not sure what came over me to even blurt that out, I knew she wasn't going to suffer anymore, but!!!...... lol, being the stage lady mom was, she came back for one last gasp of air, as to say hey, I heard you, I'm ok and love to you. I couldn't have asked for a better sign. Blush

(01-07-2016, 12:11 AM)Pinnochia Wrote:  Im very sorry for your loss,, its easy to read in your words,, just how close you were. i know time doesnt,,, always make it easier my friend,, your hearts in my prayers.

Thank you, thank you, that means a lot. Words alone can't convey the bond we had. As I shed a tear, my heart is praying for you and the great lady your moms is for you.

Best wishes. Smile

Leptin drives aromatase, it changes the TBig GrinHT ratio to an estrogen favoring condition.

Leptin levels in boys with pubertal gynecomastia.
Dundar B, et al. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2005.
Show full citation
Abstract
BACKGROUND: It has been reported that there is a relationship between circulating leptin and sex steroid hormones and leptin is able to stimulate estrogen secretion by increasing aromatase activity in adipose stromal cells and breast tissue. Leptin receptors have been also shown in mammary epithelial cells and it has been suggested that leptin is involved in the control of the proliferation of both normal and malignant breast cells.

AIM: To investigate circulating leptin levels in boys with pubertal gynecomastia.

METHODS: Twenty boys with pubertal gynecomastia who were in early puberty and had no obesity, and 20 healthy individuals matched for age, pubertal stage and body mass index (BMI) with the study group, were enrolled in the study. Body weight, height and left midarm circumference (MAC) and left arm triceps skinfold thickness (TSF) were measured and BMI was calculated. A fasting blood sample was collected and routine hormonal parameters including prolactin, beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (betaHCG), total and free testosterone, estradiol, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, androstenedione (AS) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) levels were studied. Serum leptin levels were analyzed using radioimmunoassay.

RESULTS: The mean ages of the study and control group were not different (13.9 +/- 0.89 and 14.2 +/- 0.66, respectively). No significant difference was found for BMI, MAC and TSF values between the two groups. There was no significant difference for hormonal parameters including FSH, LH, total and free testosterone, estradiol, AS, DHEAS and estradiol/total testosterone ratio between boys with pubertal gynecomastia and the controls. Serum leptin levels were found significantly higher in the study group compared with the healthy controls (5.58 +/- 0.81 and 2.39 +/- 0.29 ng/ml, respectively; p <0.001). No correlation could be determined between serum leptin levels and hormonal parameters.

CONCLUSION: The presence of higher leptin levels in boys with pubertal gynecomastia indicates that leptin may be involved in the pathogenesis of pubertal gynecomastia. The role of circulating leptin in pubertal gynecomastia is probably related to increase in estrogen and/or estrogen/ androgen ratio by the stimulating effect of leptin on aromatase enzyme activity in both adipose and breast tissues, or a direct growth stimulating effect of leptin on mammary epithelial cells, or increase in sensitivity of breast epithelial cells to estrogen with inducing functional activation of estrogen receptors by leptin in breast tissue.

PMID 16355805 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

That is very interesting Lotus. NO other differences except Levin levels. Nice clue finding!

(03-07-2016, 01:21 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(01-07-2016, 12:11 AM)Pinnochia Wrote:  She has gotten pretty broken down , bad legs, bad balance, (a terrible combination). and she fights chronic illnesses as well as i do,,.

So sorry to hear that pino. Every moment is precious indeed. I was holding my mom's hand as she passed, and as I saw the life go out her I screamed at her, " don't go!!! come back!! " (2-3 times) I'm not sure what came over me to even blurt that out, I knew she wasn't going to suffer anymore, but!!!...... lol, being the stage lady mom was, she came back for one last gasp of air, as to say hey, I heard you, I'm ok and love to you. I couldn't have asked for a better sign. Blush

So sorry to read about your loss Lotus, I am not usually a weepy person, but reading your post did it for me ( Damn hormones )

www.expertbeacon.com/how-boost-your-leptin-hormone-help-you-lose-weight/#.V3khpMpzbqA

I was surprised about the plastic water bottles.

(03-07-2016, 10:28 AM)MarcyAno Wrote:  That is very interesting Lotus. NO other differences except Levin levels. Nice clue finding!

Yeah how about that?, raising Leptin changes the TBig GrinHT ratio to an estrogen friendly village lol.

The link says not to eat grains.

I thought NBE was all about whole grains, as opposed to white bread, etc. (?)

(03-07-2016, 03:42 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  So sorry to read about your loss Lotus, I am not usually a weepy person, but reading your post did it for me ( Damn hormones )

Thanks jannet, ah that's sweet, and those mones get me too. I was watching Captains Courageous, you remember with Spencer Tracy (won Oscar) Freddie Bartholomew, Barrymore, and other great cast, well it was one of our favorite films we'd watch together, I sobbed more than usaual lmao. (dang hormones too) Rolleyes

(03-07-2016, 03:42 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I was surprised about the plastic water bottles.

Very true, and thanks, that was a good article.

Losing loved ones is tough.

I watched my wife's Dad die of cancer, recently. We buried him two weeks ago. I learned a lot about the process of death through his hospice care. It's been very hard on my wife & anyone (everyone) who experiences it has my complete sympathies. My Paternal Grandparents have been gone 17 & 10 years, and I miss them dearly every single day.

(03-07-2016, 06:31 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(03-07-2016, 10:28 AM)MarcyAno Wrote:  That is very interesting Lotus. NO other differences except Levin levels. Nice clue finding!

Yeah how about that?, raising Leptin changes the TBig GrinHT ratio to an estrogen friendly village lol.

Here's a good article about Leptin from Wellness Mama (one of my favs!):
http://wellnessmama.com/5356/fix-your-leptin/

Happy 4th!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon