Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

If only water tasted better. Do cups of green tea count?

[quote='froger' pid='174580' dateline='1458092178']
[/quote------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Regular green tea is 99.9% water.

(16-03-2016, 02:36 AM)froger Wrote:  If only water tasted better. Do cups of green tea count?

I take mine with lemon, (gives it a little flavor huh?) Rolleyes

(16-03-2016, 03:13 AM)pom19 Wrote:  [quote='froger' pid='174580' dateline='1458092178']
[/quote------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Regular green tea is 99.9% water.

Good point Pom, how about splitting the water and green tea of 6-8 cups. Or go GTE supplements???, and then stay on the water regiment?.

I have lab work coming up in a couple of weeks, I'm curios to see if my T stays at about the same on my current regime:

4 mg E2
50 mg spiro
2 green tea tablets (decaf 98% polyphenols)
8 mg astaxanthin
1200 Caprylic acid (sub for coconut oil)
1 probiotic (at bedtime)
1200-1600 mg WP
Biotin, calcium, Vit D3, daily vatimin
Red Clover extract....1-2 droppers (mainly for the synthesis of E2 and slight progesterone boost.

Last lab (10/15) was 1.13% free T and 25% bioT and 840 pg/mL estrogen, which was using 2 mg E2, 50 mg spiro, green tea 4-5 cups, 4- cups of lemon water, 1-2 oranges too.

And from that lab report I saw that using less E2 (makes no sense, but true) resulted in a higher level of estrogen using GTE, E2, lemon water.......O, and oranges, lol.

Lmao........discovery is so COOL. Big Grin

Lotus.. You took the boobies away..(avatar)..

Anyway is this correct please?....

3. Introduce estrogen-metabolizing foods

One easy way to do so is by adding two tablespoons of ground flaxseed per day.

Flaxseed has special powers not only to suppress estradiol production, but it also nudges estradiol metabolism into a positive direction by generating a higher ratio of the protective metabolite 2-hydroxy-estrone versus the more harmful 16-hydroxy-estrone.

(16-03-2016, 07:40 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Lotus.. You took the boobies away..(avatar)..

Anyway is this correct please?....

3. Introduce estrogen-metabolizing foods

One easy way to do so is by adding two tablespoons of ground flaxseed per day.

Flaxseed has special powers not only to suppress estradiol production, but it also nudges estradiol metabolism into a positive direction by generating a higher ratio of the protective metabolite 2-hydroxy-estrone versus the more harmful 16-hydroxy-estrone.

Ella,

Much debate in the science world about 2-OH & 16a-OH whether there's truth to the theory, my opinion is both have a high affinity for estrogen receptor (alpha), 2-OH is less significant and 16a-OH is the harmful metabolite. I would go with DIM, instead of flaxseed, and for a couple of reasons, flaxseed (though healthy) inhibits aromatase, DIM blocks androgen receptors,( by how much?, not sure yet), and DIM shifts 16a-OH out of the system. So, as the debate goes on, one must judge for themselves based on the different science studies..........aka, be objective. BlushRolleyes

......From the Townsend letter:
Flaxseed consumption would not reduce risk of breast cancer according to this theory as it increases 16a levels, Sturgeon et al. reported in 2010. They fed 43 postmenopausal women 7.5 g/day of ground flaxseed for 6 weeks, and then increased the dose to 15 g/day for an additional 6 weeks. There was no significant change in 2-hydroxyestrone excretion in the urine. The urinary 2:16 ratio was lower at the end of 12 weeks compared with baseline. The authors write, "Based on the current paradigm of the effects of estrogen metabolism on breast cancer risk, the regimen of dietary flaxseed intake used in this study did not appear to favorably alter breast cancer risk through shifts in estrogen metabolism pathways in postmenopausal women."23 In other words, flaxseed meal shouldn't be good for breast cancer risk.
http://www.townsendletter.com/Jan2013/estrogen0113.html

Circulating 2-hydroxy and 16-α hydroxy estrone levels and risk of breast cancer among postmenopausal women

data do not support the hypothesized inverse associations with 2-OH estrone and the 2:16α-OH estrone ratio nor the hypothesized positive association with 16α-OH estrone. The significant positive associations with 2-OH estrone and the 2:16 OH estrone ratio among women with ER-/PR- tumors needs to be replicated in future studies.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...s52956.pdf

On another note, DHEA is the main androgen produced in women, interesting is what alcohol does to DHEA in postmenopausal women: (smoking too).

The Association of Plasma Androgen Levels with Breast, Ovarian, and Endometrial Cancer Risk Factors Among Postmenopausal Women

Abstract
Although androgens may play an etiologic role in breast, ovarian, and endometrial cancers, little is known about factors that influence circulating androgen levels. We conducted a cross-sectional analysis among 646 postmenopausal women in the Nurses' Health Study to examine associations between adult risk factors for cancer, including the Rosner/Colditz breast cancer risk score, and plasma levels of testosterone, free testosterone, androstenedione, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), and DHEA sulfate (DHEAS). All analyses were adjusted for age, laboratory batch, and other cancer risk factors. Free testosterone levels were 79% higher among women with a BMI of ≥30 vs. <22 kg/m2 (p-trend<0.01) and 25% higher among women with a waist circumference of >89 vs. ≤ 74 cm (p-trend=0.02). Consuming >30 grams of alcohol a day vs. none was associated with a 31% increase in DHEA and 59% increase in DHEAS levels (p-trend=0.01 and <0.01, respectively). Smokers of ≥25 cigarettes per day had 35% higher androstenedione and 44% higher testosterone levels than never smokers (p-value, F-test=0.03 and 0.01, respectively). No significant associations were observed for height or time since menopause with any androgen. Testosterone and free testosterone levels were approximately 30% lower among women with a hysterectomy vs. without (both p-values<0.01). Overall breast cancer risk was not associated with any of the androgens. Thus, several risk factors, including body size, alcohol intake, smoking, and hysterectomy, were related to androgen levels among postmenopausal women, while others, including height and time since menopause, were not. Future studies are needed to clarify further which lifestyle factors modulate androgen levels.

This study displays test results of 47 old female (or ENDOCRINOLOGY URINE):
http://nutripath.com.au/wp-content/uploa...4-hour.pdf

URINE E1 METABOLITE RATIO 2(OH):16a(OH)
A ratio of 2-OH Estrone to 16aOH Estrone greater than 2.0 is desirable.
A ratio less than 2.0 may increase the risk of cancer.
Patients with a ratio less than 2.0 may benefit from a modification in diet and
lifestyle.

The supplementation of the diet with phytoestrogens may further improve the ratio.
A high protein, low fat diet rich in dietary sources of indole-3-carbinol may also
improve the 2/16 ratio. Diindolylmethane (DIM) has also been shown to improve the 2/16 ratio.

URINE 4 (OH)E1 along with 2 (OH)E1 comprises what are called the catechol estrogens. Unlike 2-hydroxyestrone, this estrone has been shown to be a free radical generator and a very powerful estrogen. High levels occur in the urine following severe exercise and may indicate a relative lack of the enzyme, catecholamine methyl
transferase. Increases of dietary folic acid may help rectify this situation. This metabolite may eventually be one of the more important metabolites related to increased risk in female cancers.

NOTES:
Protective: 2-OH E2, 2-OH E1, 2-Methoxy E1.
Anti-Proliferative: 2-Methoxy E2.
Carcinogen & Active Estrogen: 16 alpha OH E1, 4-OH E1.
Active Estrogens: E2, E1, E3.
DIM/Indole-3-Carbinol action is to shift estrogen metabolism to increase levels of 2
OH & 2 Methoxy metabolites:
E1 conversion to 2-OH E1 & 2-methoxy E1.
E2 conversion to 2-OH E2 & 2-methoxy E2.
URINE Hydroxy & Methoxy E1

After hydroxylation, both 2-OH and 4-OH can undergo another step called methylation. Methylation turns both of these metabolites into substances that are even more water-soluble. 2-OH becomes 2-methoxyestrone, which may support women's breast health, and 4-OH becomes 4-methoxyestrone, which is a very weak estrogen. Literature indicates that the Methoxy's are apoptotic. 4(OH)E1 along with 2(OH)E1 comprises what are called the catechol estrogens and unlike 2(OH)E1, this estrone has been shown to be a free radical generator and a very powerful estrogen. High levels occur in the urine following severe exercise and may indicate a relative lack of the enzyme, catecholamine methyl transferase. Increases of dietary folic acid may help rectify this situation. This metabolite may eventually be one of the more important metabolites related to increased risk in female cancers.

I'm reading/struggling to understand ...BUT il get there! You know me... Dumb blonde.... Thank you though, I'm working through it the expect questions to follow..

(17-03-2016, 06:19 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  I'm reading/struggling to understand ...BUT il get there! You know me... Dumb blonde.... Thank you though, I'm working through it the expect questions to follow..

Lol, I'll be ready. Big Grin

So to get a lot of this straight.
We are all looking for a more true and consistent brand of PM?
Ainterol is hit an miss? (Sure hope my first bottle is a hit)

What about pm products made of this?
Although it is minute doses compared to what you guys are talking about, but for a true menopausal woman etc who's genuinely low in estrogen would products with purestrol in it be any good? Guaranteed miroestrol in it or so the claim
The swansons (one if them has this but at a low dose)

http://puresterol.com

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon