Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

(12-01-2016, 11:33 PM)myboobs Wrote:  Impressive boobies LOTUS Wink

Regard taking lemon juice , never consume it on own , always drink diluted .
Lemon drink is excellent for alkalising the digestive system and also has multitude of other benefits .
To boost alkali drink , 1 litre of osmosised water , one whole lemon ( blended ) , 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt .

Thanks myboobs, great info. Smile

Would lemon extract work? The kind that you use for flavoring? It is not synthetic, its pure lemon oil. I would assume that also needs diluting in water.

(13-01-2016, 10:33 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Would lemon extract work? The kind that you use for flavoring? It is not synthetic, its pure lemon oil. I would assume that also needs diluting in water.

Good question, could be possible. I do like myboobs recipe with the Himalayan salt. Wink

Btw, I think I discovered something interesting about MSM and the way it's metabolized. Meaning it's metabolized as part of the P450 cytochrome family, it looks similar to the way spiro, or ketoconazole is metabolized thru the inhibition of CYP17 enzyme (what is inhibiting DHT), and (this is the biggie) and a possible side clevage to C19 (aka-aromatase). This is not any current radar, but I'm pretty confident in saying that MSM inhibits DHT, and a pro-aromatase. But it also upregulates growth hormone,
Quote: MSM increases the expression of GH-related proteins including IGF-1R, p-IGF-1R, STAT5b, p-STAT5b, and Jak2 in osteoblastic cells and MSCs.
I know right?, Wink

Remember linoleic acid?, well, it also inhibits DHT too. As in EPO, vitex, walnuts etc.

linoleic acid autoxidation with 5 or 6 membered nitrogen-containing heterocycles inhibits CYP3A4

To understand the heterocycles visit here:
Heterocyclic Compounds
http://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/faculty/re...terocy.htm

Cytochromes P450 are a group of heme-thiolate monooxygenases. In liver microsomes, this enzyme is involved in an NADPH-dependent electron transport pathway. It performs a variety of oxidation reactions (e.g. Caffeine 8-oxidation, omeprazole sulphoxidation, midazolam 1'-hydroxylation and midazolam 4-hydroxylation) of structurally unrelated compounds, including steroids, fatty acids, and xenobiotics. Acts as a 1,8-cineole 2-exo-monooxygenase. The enzyme also hydroxylates etoposide.

That's good to know about MSM, since I am taking it to help with my arthritic joints... That could possibly explain the jump in growth over the last two months for me....????

MSM at 2000mg per day,

Looking at : "nitrogen heterocycles can have effects that extend beyond the normally expected CYP inhibition"

nitrogen heterocyles
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterocyclic_compound

Meaning that nitrogen heterocycles look real promising, for instance, indole is an anti-inflammatory, could be beneficial for chronic depression: as seen in the mini review

Indole as a Core Anti-Inflammatory Agent- A Mini Review
http://chesci.com/articles/csrl/v2i5/CS092043091.pdf

It looks like MSM has rapid metabolism, (within 4 hours), but could be active for a couple of weeks.

STUDIES ON THE ABSORPTION, EXCRETION AND METABOLISM OF DIMETHYLSULFOXIDE (DMSO) IN MAN
* H. B. Hucker, J. K. Miller, A. Hochberg, R. D. Brobyn,, F. H. Riordan and B. Calesnick
+
Author Affiliations
* Merck Sharp & Dohme Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania
Abstract
The absorption, excretion and metabolism of dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) have been studied in man by gas chromatography and radiometric techniques. The drug was readily absorbed when administered dermally, peak serum levels occurring after 4 to 8 hr. Orally administered drug was rapidly absorbed, reaching a peak in serum in 4 hr. Serum levels of DMSO were undetectable after 120 hr. Both unchanged drug and a metabolite, dimethylsulfone (DMSO2), were isolated from urine. DMSO2 appeared in serum after about 48 hr and persisted in serum for as long as 400 hr. Urinary excretion of DMSO after dermal and oral administration amounted to approximately 13% and 30 to 68% of the dose, respectively. Excretion of DMSO2 was about 5 to 10% and 21 to 23%, respectively. Data for subjects given DMSO chronically are also presented, as is evidence that the fraction of DMSO excreted is entirely accounted for by unchanged drug and DMSO2.
Footnotes

(13-01-2016, 11:31 PM)iaboy Wrote:  That's good to know about MSM, since I am taking it to help with my arthritic joints... That could possibly explain the jump in growth over the last two months for me....????

How much do you take MB?

(04-01-2016, 11:11 PM)Lotus Wrote:  1. Where does the androgen pathway begin?, from cholesterol. We start with the cholesterol to testosterone pathways where DHT can do its damage.

17α-hydroxylase and 17,20-lyase see the diagram (and the position in green) which these enzymes start.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11057]

Here's the future: determine how "we" as human metabolize the meds we take. For instance some people are known as poor metabolizers, (evidence as seen with ethnic groups). Meaning they can't degrade and excrete certain drugs. What if?, we knew what NBE supplements we can and can't use?, wouldn't that be useful?, of course.

Well, that process is called pharmacogenomics

What is pharmacogenomics?
Pharmacogenomics uses information about a person's genetic makeup, or genome, to choose the drugs and drug doses that are likely to work best for that particular person. This new field combines the science of how drugs work, called http://www.genome.gov/27530645

(14-01-2016, 12:07 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(13-01-2016, 11:31 PM)iaboy Wrote:  That's good to know about MSM, since I am taking it to help with my arthritic joints... That could possibly explain the jump in growth over the last two months for me....????

How much do you take MB?

The label directions says 1-6 caps, each one being 1000mg. But I only take 2-3 per day. Was waiting to see if it helped my knee and hips.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon