Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

(20-06-2014, 01:45 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(20-06-2014, 01:00 AM)Lotus Wrote:  I like this diagram:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6922]

And this pathway: (my kind of "who has your favorite" stuff, lol) Rolleyes

Lotus, can you give an example of an aromatase inhibitor (AI)? I believe they are important for body builders who take extra T to build muscle and don't want to grow breasts because of the estrogen creating action of aromatase.

Clara Smile

Sure,

There are 2 types of aromatase inhibitors (AIs) approved to treat breast cancer:

Irreversible steroidal inhibitors, such as exemestane (Aromasin), forms a permanent and deactivating bond with the aromatase enzyme.

Non-steroidal inhibitors, such as anastrozole (Arimidex) and letrozole (Femara), inhibit the synthesis of estrogen via reversible competition for the aromatase enzyme.

Plants have substances that have potential aromatase inhibiting activity. Some of these include flavonoids, for instance quercetin, chrysin, naringenin, apigenin, and Genistein. Not enough human research is available to determine which of the flavonoids or other substances found in plants are the most effective aromatase inhibitors. As a general rule, it is preferable to ingest a variety of flavonoids rather than focusing on only one or two although it is possible that in the treatment of a particular medical condition a specific natural aromatase inhibitor may be more effective.

(Genistein, Quercetin, PM coactives)

Aromatase inhibitor side effect of thinning bones
The bones of breast cancer patients age prematurely as a result of chemotherapy and aromatase inhibitor therapy. Tamoxifen drug is bone-sparing while aromatase inhibitors cause bone loss." Examples of aromatase inhibitors include anastrozole, sold as Arimidex, and exemestane sold as Aromasin.

Red wine versus white wine as a nutritional aromatase inhibitor in premenopausal women: a pilot study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22150098

Anti aromatase chemicals in red wine.
http://science.naturalnews.com/2002/5535..._wine.html

Resveratrol is another flavenoid covered on our web site – we have featured research on it from Harvard several times in Cancer Watch. It is the natural protective agent in the skins of red grapes and black and red berries.

Finally there is chrysin, a flavonoid from the passion flower plant and a strong natural AI with clear research supporting its effects. Drugs have been prepared from this plant, but the natural compound also exists as a supplement Another natural compound, piperine, enhances its action..

Possibly the most potent natural compound is Indole 3 Carbinol,

Aromatase Inhibitors
Foods that inhibit aromatase include blueberries, celery, sour cherries, cranberries, red grapes, purple grape juice, horseradish, kale, tomatoes, white button mushrooms and cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. FoodForBreastCancer.com says these foods also enhance the effectiveness of aromatase inhibitors. If you have estrogen-dependent breast cancer, seek the advice of your oncologist before including these foods in your diet.

Wow, this one is cool,

18 NATURAL AROMATASE INHIBITORS
http://marnieclark.com/18-natural-aromatase-inhibitors/

The research is from here: (marnieclark translates it into english though) Wink

Natural Products as Aromatase Inhibitors
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074486/

(20-06-2014, 02:08 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Aromatase Inhibitors
Foods that inhibit aromatase include blueberries, celery, sour cherries, cranberries, red grapes, purple grape juice, horseradish, kale, tomatoes, white button mushrooms and cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. FoodForBreastCancer.com says these foods also enhance the effectiveness of aromatase inhibitors. If you have estrogen-dependent breast cancer, seek the advice of your oncologist before including these foods in your diet.

I like 90+% of those.....Sad

(20-06-2014, 02:36 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  

Lol so do I, in fact I just had some red grapes!! Ha! Tongue

We're never gonna catch a break are we?. Smile

(20-06-2014, 03:22 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(20-06-2014, 02:36 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  

Lol so do I, in fact I just had some red grapes!! Ha! Tongue

We're never gonna catch a break are we?. Smile

I guess not, heck the only 2 things on that list I don't like is Horseradish & sour Cherries...

This thread is very interesting. I can work with the list. if I must, but giving up red wine? That's a toughy.

(20-06-2014, 10:33 AM)spanky Wrote:  This thread is very interesting. I can work with the list. if I must, but giving up red wine? That's a toughy.

Why need to aromatase inhibit. The aim is the inluence if aromatase,isn't?

Lotus WP is the DHT blocker?I belived this is Licorice Rolleyes

(20-06-2014, 11:09 PM)Larana Wrote:  
(20-06-2014, 10:33 AM)spanky Wrote:  This thread is very interesting. I can work with the list. if I must, but giving up red wine? That's a toughy.

Why need to aromatase inhibit. The aim is the inluence if aromatase,isn't?

Lotus WP is the DHT blocker?I belived this is Licorice Rolleyes

I think the point is to know what Inhibits it so it can be avoided.

Warning----Wink

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7126]

[attachment=7126]

Big Grin I am jealous lotus, in those times when i get depressed at how transition may be unsatisfactory it is seeing pics such as yours that cheers me up be showing me that it is possible to get very good growth

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon