Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A Cup is NOT a Cup ....

.... is NOT a Cup.

This is pretty much accepted information, but I thought this visual might help more better.

Something to consider when ordering bras.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A bra that fits.

That never worked for me.

I was trying to link to the entire thing, not just the calculator... There's so much there in the drop down menu. ^_^

Thanks for being helpful.
I'll double check the site.

Do it, there's subreddit and wiki with a lot of information. Also lot of dead links, but there's still a lot of useful stuff to read about. ^_^

I ordered a couple of new bras today. I'm hoping they fit. I'm tired of only owning sports bras and "wire free bras".

Thanks . . . .

I have had this frustration also. I own several sports bras which are fine for what they are and do. There are sites that tell you how to measure for a bra like take the rib cage measurement and then measure the boobs across where the nipple is. Plug the numbers into a chart and it will tell you what bra to buy. I get an answer that I have a C cup. I have not bought a bra that way that fits. The cups are way too big. I have a theory and I may be wrong, but here it is. Men are shaped differently. When we measure for a bra, we have back muscles, the latissimus dorsi that play into this. They are much bigger in men than women. Those muscles skew the numbers. For as much as I wish that I had a C cup, I am probably an A cup. Plus some of the info in this thread by other people showing cup size changes with band size. It becomes a situation where you have to try them one. I did find some bras that fit on Ebay and just ordered a few more. The size that I order is 42AA. I highly doubt that I am a size AA cup, but they fit and they are inexpensive.

Can't generalise because there are women shaped like anything imaginable. My fiance has this large back, smallish boobs problem and she's got extreme trouble finding fitting bras. Also then what about me? I started out being quite buffed out and muscular, with whole lot of stuff on my back, enough time on HRT and calculators are nearly 100% correct. I must be shaped like a CIS woman then? lol. Big Grin My band size has flucutated between 40 to 36 with even some 34 bras fitting when I was slimmer. 32-36 band is average, cis female average. 38 band is slightly above but still within where like +80% of all women land.

Buffed out dude with a barrel chest can definitely have this problem. Also anybody who has upper back shaped like a triange, move the tape just a bit and the difference can be huge. I have some of this so I need to be careful when measuring to make it consistent. If men and women were shaped so much differently, then I wouldn't have a cis woman friend who even after massive weight loss keeps wearing 46 bands comfortably.

It seems that measuring and using calculators tends to get more correct when there's more boob vs. chest present. Also wide rooted breasts can make measuring strange, tape will not lie, the bust - band difference IS correct, but most bra manufacturers do not give a shit about breast shape. They make bras for average woman and that means projected and narrow boobs because they always default to what ever is easiest to get sold. Don't be fooled by bras, it is highly likely the tape is correct, calculator gets close, but a lot of bras might be wrong shape to fit in the said size. Another long post could be written about wire width, shape, height, cup depth, shape and coverage and so on. It is ridiculously complicated because standards do not exist, and they can't because we're all unique.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon