Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Feelings about OTC OPILL

So 6 days on one Opill day,...plus FG, BO and pumping...and Ive had great energy and very swollen nipples first thing in the morning 5 days in a row.

I seldom pump after dinner because i tend to fall asleep early...so thats not where the swelling is coming from.

Ive been scything my yard the last week instead of using a reel mower as I usually do..it is great exercise and I sleep really well...and it takes loads of energy, determination and stamina. I seldom have all these at once.

I can't say for sure where the energy is coming from but it could be the Opill and an entourage effect from the other items.

No changes in my bust yet...you cant have everything.

Best
Owlie

I've been back on BO for three weeks as of today. I've noticed that my breasts were fuller after the 2nd week. I am having frequent twinges. I've also noticed that my panties fit differently on my butt and my bra cups are fuller.

Today is the 14th day on the Opill. I've had no side effects to speak of other than it is difficult to get hard and there is no semen being produced. The first 7 days I swallowed the pill. This past week I've been taking it sublingually. From what I read, it takes  3-4 weeks for the Opill to have an effect on the male body.

Just ordered a 3month supply of Opill see what effects it has on breasts  no big deal if it affects semen down to nothing have no use for it any way. Post how it goes when I start taking it. Smile

I came across this bit of information from the Mayo Clinic. It was a paper on progestin birth control pills. The Opill was one of the brands listed.

"Depending on how much and which progestin you use or take, a progestin can have different effects. For instance...
Other effects include causing weight gain, increasing body temperature, developing the milk-producing glands for breast-feeding,"

Before I buy the pill, I wanted to ask @lotus for some information.
On the interwebs I found this: "Desogestrel is a progestin, or a synthetic progestogen, and hence is an agonist of the progesterone receptor, the biological target of progestogens like progesterone"

Does that mean that Desogestrel, which is what is contained in the OTP, mini pill..., will occupy the same receptors as progesterone but will not provide the same effects? Because, if so, it's precisely the opposite of what we want to achieve here.

Wow. I am so glad you brought this up. So Opill may be an androgen, if I understand the notes correctly, that's bad. I did not find the exact name of the ingredients in androgens, Norgestrel, but a name similar, called Norgestimate, which may be the same component under a generic name. Nonetheless, it probably isn't helping. I am so glad you caught that, for some reason I thought it was an identical synthetic progesterone.
Heart

Hi Shirazm (and others), 

The following is information on progestins/progestogens. I left some of my concerns too, I do however understand the allure of adding the Opill to one's programs, heck I'd like to try it too… but please be very careful, don't go over the recommended dosage. Also, check the interactions section on supplied instructions. Doing blood tests doesn't really tell you that you're about to develop DVT (deep vein thrombosis). Last suggestion is to be under a doctor's care when doing NBE/HRT. I don't mean to come across as an alarmist, it's just the importance of knowing the pro's and con's of taking that carries risk (as we witnessed one of our own members here diagnosed with DVT from using PM (pueraria mirifica)... Apologies in advance.  Blush Hug

“ Desogestrel is a progestin, or a synthetic progestogen, and hence is an agonist of the progesterone receptor, the biological target of progestogens like progesterone.”

The pharmacodynamics and safety of progesterone
P4 and synthetic progestins bind not only to the P4 receptors, but also to many other steroid receptors, including the androgen and mineralocorticoid receptors (MR).

Micronised P4 and synthetic progestins exert their biological effects primarily by binding to progesterone receptors (PRs), the classical genomic pathway, but with different affinities. The variable affinity of progestogens for binding not only to the PR and but also to other members of the steroid receptor family, including glucocorticoid receptor (GR), androgen receptor (AR) and MR, plays a crucial role in differential intracellular progestogen actions (Table 2) [1,27,28].
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...3420300924

I'm concerned for anyone who takes synthetic progestins or estradiol that have a history of deep vein thrombosis (blood clot). 

Deep vein thrombosis can be serious because blood clots in the veins can break loose. The clots can then travel through the bloodstream and get stuck in the lungs, blocking blood flow (pulmonary embolism). When DVT and pulmonary embolism occur together, it's called venous thromboembolism (VTE).
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...c-20352557

Desogestrel reduces SHBG levels, which progestins do. By reducing SHBG you improve free E2 (estradiol) in subsequent target tissues (e.g. brain, ovaries, breast, testes, etc)

Risk of venous thromboembolic disease associated with hormonal contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy: a clinical review

Marcelo P V Gomes et al. Arch Intern Med. 2004.

Abstract

Venous thromboembolic events (VTEs) represent a serious complication related to hormonal contraception and hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Evidence on hormonal contraceptive- and HRT-related VTEs is derived almost exclusively from observational studies and points to a 2- to 6-fold increased relative risk of VTEs with either therapy. Oral contraceptive pills that contain third-generation progestins (desogestrel or gestodene) seem to be associated with greater VTE risk than those that contain levonorgestrel. Oral contraceptive pill use and HRT are associated with exponentially higher VTE relative risks when used by women who carry an inherited hypercoagulable state. The indication of a lower or a lack of VTE risk associated with the use of progestin-only contraceptives and with transdermal HRT suggests that these therapies may be safer than combination oral contraceptive pills and oral HRT for women in whom oral estrogen therapy is considered contraindicated. Data that support such safety advantages are limited and should be interpreted with caution.

Opill isn’t new. It was originally approved in 1973.  

Your Guide to Progestin, Progesterone, and Their Roles
https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/progestin-vs-progesterone

I'm concerned for you (or anyone else) with a history of deep vein thrombosis. 

(15-02-2015, 07:13 AM)krystal3838 Wrote:  Simone, 

thanks so much...I have been using PM for 6 weeks and have stopped for the time being as I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my left leg last week...I have seen the Hematologist and they will do some tests on my blood next week to see what is the potential cause...I had just ramped up to 2000mgs daily for about a week when I started having symptoms of the clot. Once they determine Pm is not the cause, I plan on starting with the PM again...
I do believe that it is safe, but please be careful...You do have the start of some wonderful growth so do not rush it...smooches...krystal 

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon