Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NBE + Marijuana

Does anyone know about any ramifications of using marijuana while also on a NBE regiment? I know that MJ has really helped me with my anxiety and depression, and I would really hate to have to stop using it.

(01-12-2014, 11:12 PM)fwoodhull Wrote:  Does anyone know about any ramifications of using marijuana while also on a NBE regiment? I know that MJ has really helped me with my anxiety and depression, and I would really hate to have to stop using it.

Be careful. I once took skunk (never again!) and it gave me the worst panic attack I've ever experienced - and I've had a fair few. Anxiety, depression and dope don't mix.

I don't partake due to job requirements, but I can't see it hurting anything.

aren't some cases of gyne attributed high MJ use? If so, why not Smile

(04-12-2014, 09:31 PM)ErinMichelle Wrote:  aren't some cases of gyne attributed high MJ use? If so, why not Smile

I don't know if it's true about gyne, but my experience is no negative impact on NBE.

The only negative is checking yourself out the next day... "But they were HUGE yesterday!? Huh Oh yeah, I was stoned" Tongue

-j

I internally debated responding to this, lest I mark myself as a "dope fiend" or some such... but it needs to be discussed.

(01-12-2014, 11:12 PM)Carys Wrote:  I know that MJ has really helped me with my anxiety and depression,

(02-12-2014, 01:18 AM)twinklepose Wrote:  Anxiety, depression and dope don't mix.

Twinklepose, your experience is not uncommon -- among first-timers. Cannabis isn't for everyone of course, but there is an element of "getting used to it" involved.

For those who do get used to it, it is excellent medicine for depression, anxiety, and a number of other maladies. Fact is, it can't be widely responsible for causing those problems, or Colorado wouldn't have sold almost a billion dollars worth of the stuff last year -- and that's just counting the legal sales.

We are finally getting to the point where some real research -- as in, real scientists in real universities -- can be done on the health pros and cons of cannabis. I somehow don't think it will be the potheads who are surprised by what the research will find.

To return to the topic at hand, no, I don't think there is any harm done to NBE by consuming cannabis. I would go so far as to say that it helps, as long as you want it to.

If that sounds a bit nebulous, I'd say you're right, but I can only speak to my own experience; to wit:

1) Since legalization, I completely quit tobacco use, and quit the heavy drinking. Most I have now is 2 beers in an evening, and I simply don't want any more. I do credit marijuana with these life improvements, which also benefit NBE.

2) I sleep better and longer now. Obvious health benefits.

3) My stress levels are down to non-existent. I have a more positive outlook on life. I smile... a lot! When myself knows myself is happy, well-adjusted, and moving forward... the body responds positively; of that I am certain.

4) It brings back libido that PM shuts down. (Some folks here see this as a bad thing, but if you've got someone to play with, I don't see how it could be bad. Sexy times are good for the mental and physical health.) There aren't random erections or morning wood, but desire is stronger, and arousal more easily triggered. More controllable, I guess I would say. Big head is back in charge.

5) Then there's everything else. My musical ability is improved. (There's a reason pot is so popular with musicians.) I get more of the unpleasant work done, because it doesn't feel unpleasant while under the influence. Life is just better.

Ever hear that kind of rave review for Prozac? I think not.

So, if you're already a fan of the herb, I don't see NBE as a reason to stop.

For some of you who aren't, and are suffering from depression and an awful "need" to "transition", maybe you should give it some consideration. Toking up is a hell of a lot less drastic than surgically rearranging your genitalia.

Would it make you "too lazy" to transition? Would that be a bad thing? How much money could you save, and how much stress could you spare yourself?

I have found a number of these essays enlightening:

http://marijuana-uses.com/read/

In particular, I enjoyed Carl Sagan's account: (yes, that Carl Sagan!)

http://marijuana-uses.com/mr-x/

Gives a new perspective on "Cosmos", no? Big Grin

I started smoking pot when I was 14 right around the same time my GD really started hit hard when I began to realize I didnt really want to be a man... Along with cigs and booze and even LSD... At the time I really enjoyed it and I could handle it just fine, my body was still very androgynous then, my voice hadn't dropped yet ect....

As these teenage years went by and I began to "mature" my nightmare got worse and worse and Id used drugs and booze as a way to try to escape reality I guess.... The thing is pot always seemed to make me see the truths of things no matter how ugly those truths might be.... In time I couldn't handle it anymore because I really was scared of my true feelings on my orientation and gender and I was under so much pressure from everyone forcing "manhood" on me...

It was a bad LSD trip at 19 and a nervous breakdown related to my not wanting to accept myself and my GD, being BI, and all the guilt and shame associated with it that put me in the psych ward for a month and I have no memories at all of that month... I must have been on some powerful psych drugs... When I came out of it all they told me I was maniac depressive... I told everyone to fuck off, flat out rejected all that as nonsense.... Id decided that since I was born male it was time to make a go at it.... I then went on to blow everyone's mind my by excelling in a hyper masculine job and making a lot of $$$ and from all outward appearances becoming very sucessful as a "man"... Of course it was all a fraud but at least financially it served me well...

In that time since that breakdown at 19 I couldn't handle pot at all afterwards... It would bring back to many flashbacks and painful memories and truths to my mind so until recently I just avoided it and got on with the business of pretending to be a "man" and generally being a very miserable dishonest paranoid jerk...

Well after I was well into transition I met a GF that smokes every now and then and I was amazed at how much I enjoy it nowSmile Its because none of the old feelings bother me anymore now that Ive completely accepted myself and let all that old crap go... Now I can fully enjoy a good buzz and all the cool little insights it brings me like Carl Sagan describes in that excellent essay Wink Its helped me sort out my demons when they are revisited in my new reality...

For me weed helps me see things in new ways and I feel it can amplify my emotions... I recently met a new guy who likes to smoke and lets just say It was an incredible experience to get high and be the real me with a man... (dont want to get booted to adults only lol)

So while Ive moved on from NBE to HRT and the decision to transition Id say Mary Jane has only helped with feminization by helping me be true to myself... Thats just my long winded take on itWink Yea I like to get high, always haveCoolTongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon