Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

On Therapy

Hello all!

It has been quite a while since I said hello, or even came for a visit. My sister got married, my mom had surgery, and I started my second to last semester of college. Pretty crazy, huh?

All the meanwhile, I've been on and off of PM. I bought 3 bottles about 4 months ago, and I have about 2/3 of a bottle left. Not too consistent, as I live with my loving family and don't want to freak them out.

But with the somewhat recent projection I've been getting from my rathe enlarged and excited nipples, I started to question exactly what I wanted of all of this. After all, if I am going all the way, I need to start taking it more seriously. For instance, I work at a Church, and for a foundation that supports the Russian arts.. Not to mention how intensely religious my family is!

I started to melt down when my schoolwork got out of control the same time my real job picked up.. And on top of that I never figured out what I want from my body! So I started seeing my old therapist again. He doesn't have much experience in the subject, but he knows me well enough to help a bit.

So when I brought it up to him (teary eyes and all), he told me to take some time and explore why I feel the need to dress this way and take PM.. I didn't have a good answer because I never let myself really think about it!

So that's where I am now. Thinking..

I'm sorry for the novel, I just need to tell someone! Also, I'd love to hear what you guys and gals have done in terms of explaining yourselves to anyone, be it family or therapists, or others in your life.

Thanks for reading! Big Grin

We have a place here called, Persad, which psychologically deals specifically the LGBT crowd. You should look around in your area for a place like that. https://persadcenter.org/pages/locations
I know what you mean about the religiously endowed family. They don't know much of anything about my thing, either, but, for the last 20 years that I was in my band (I'm the drummer), I always wore a leotard, pantyhose or tights and a short skater/scooter skirt, and at least mom and my brother knew about that, but I seriously doubt anyone else did. A few times I even wore a bra and huge fake tits (Nerf balls) on stage. A few people in the band over the years were suspicious, but none knew for sure of my "sexual" leanings.
I guess if you don't come out to them soon, or just move away from them until you're done changing, your body will do the coming out FOR you. Someone at a place like Persad can help you figure things out. I hope you can find such a place. :-)

Thank you!

I am definitely going to end up talking to a group locally. I live in a pretty great area for tolerance and acceptance! (NYC Area)

I really can't wait to get everything rolling along, regardless of how much it scares and/or excites me! Smile

(15-10-2013, 05:06 AM)Lilagirl8813 Wrote:  ...After all, if I am going all the way, I need to start taking it more seriously...

I've learned that I have two "thought centers" within me. My head and my heart. It's not too hard to hear from my head but my heart is a little harder to know and hear. You are DOING one thing and THINKING another. Perhaps your heart is fine with what you are doing (being sporadic and not pursuing NBE too hard) while your head is telling you you should take it "more seriously". I think in most cases, we all DO exactly what we want to do even though we THINK we should be doing something else. It's easier said than done but peace is found when your head and heart are in unison. If I were you, I'd be questioning my head and trying hard to hear my heart.

(15-10-2013, 05:06 AM)Lilagirl8813 Wrote:  I started to melt down when my schoolwork got out of control the same time my real job picked up.. And on top of that I never figured out what I want from my body! So I started seeing my old therapist again...

So when I brought it up to him (teary eyes and all), he told me to take some time and explore why I feel the need to dress this way and take PM.. I didn't have a good answer because I never let myself really think about it!

I found MY answer in my heart. When I try to explain it in words, it SOUNDS like an intellectual answer but it's not. It's just something my heart needs to be happy. It's making the outside consistent with the inside. I know who I am and who I belong to. I'm accepted as I am by the ONE (look up) who matters most with all my anomalies. ...Hang in there and be encouraged. I've been there myself and I can feel what you're going through.

(15-10-2013, 05:06 AM)Lilagirl8813 Wrote:  I'm sorry for the novel, I just need to tell someone! Also, I'd love to hear what you guys and gals have done in terms of explaining yourselves to anyone, be it family or therapists, or others in your life.

Don't be sorry. Smile I'm glad you shared and I hope we are helpful if only by our empathy. As for explaining myself, I don't ...but then, I don't really feel a need to do that anymore. I don't need or want justification from others anymore. I'm letting myself be who I really am and embracing the uniqueness that I posses. I have a lot of feminine qualities, strangely wrapped up in a male body but that's who I am and there's not much I can do about it. I'm going to have long, well kept hair soon because that's what a girl wants ...but some guys do too. I prefer trim fitting stretch denim jeans (usually found in women's departments) ...but guys wear jeans too ...and sometimes tighter ...and sometimes with a little style in the stitching. I'd love to wear a nice shirt from an gender neutral rack (if I could find some) and it might even have pink in it ...because I like that! Others will just have to come to terms with it. I don't seek to be outlandish or, "in-your-face" about it, I'm just being myself and being comfortable with it. It's a nice place to be and I hope everyone can find there way to the same place.

(15-10-2013, 07:37 AM)Lilagirl8813 Wrote:  I am definitely going to end up talking to a group locally. I live in a pretty great area for tolerance and acceptance! (NYC Area)

I think that's a good idea. I'm looking for a local group myself but be careful too. You're adding another source of influence or "voice" and it could muddy the waters even more. I sincerely hope you find the peace and acceptance you're looking for.

Blessings

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon