Breast Growth For Genetic Males
A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Printable Version

+- Breast Growth For Genetic Males (https://www.breastnexum.com)
+-- Forum: Related Subjects (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Breast Measurement & Bras (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+--- Thread: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support (/showthread.php?tid=28767)

Pages: 1 2

A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Shirazmn - 27-10-2018

I am always fighting with bra sizes because a man's chest is shaped differently from a genetic woman. I won't get professionally fitted, so I mist do with the tables online. Some web pages with instructions on how to measure say that you can do it with a bra on, but I don't understand how this makes sense. Is it the band size that I can measure that way? I have a bralette with a very weak elasticated band which hugs me perfectly without digging on my sides, is that the type of "bra" I can use? Given that a non padded bralette may hold things together but it doesn't provide much push, can I use that for the cup size too?

The other question is about support. I understand that a large breasted person needs the bra to hold the breasts and spread the weight on the shoulders and back, but what about small breasts? I may have a A cup or a very small B, not enough to sag or drop. What should a proprly fitted bra do? What part of the breast should touch the bra fabric? Nipple? Underboob?

Thank you in advance for any opinion.

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - evy71 - 27-10-2018

(27-10-2018, 08:48 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  I am always fighting with bra sizes because a man's chest is shatendped diffey from a genetic woman. I won't get professionally fitted, so I mist do with the tables online. Some web pages with insteructions on how to measure say that you can do it with a bra on, but I don't understand how this makes sense. Is it the band size that I can measure that way? I have a bralette with a very weak elasticated band which hugs me perfectly without digging on my sides, is that the type of "bra" I can use? Given that a non padded bralette may hold things together but it doesn't provide much push, can I use that for the cup size too?

The other question is about support. I understand that a large breasted person needs the bra to hold the breasts and spread the weight on the shoulders and back, but what about small breasts? I may have a A cup or a very small B, not enough to sag or drop. What should a proprly fitted bra do? What part of the breast should touch the bra fabric? Nipple? Underboob?

Thank you in advance for any opinion.

Hi Shirazmn,
Why don't you go to a lingerie shop, my experience are not bad. You have to be brave to step inwards. First time verry dificult, but i did.
Ok. First you measured your under wide, then upper side for the cup wide.ther are tables on internet. I love seamless bra's, not pushup or padded. One of the points are that when we get breasts ,we get some breast grow, but not at the upper side, so there will be always a gab. This take time to get flesh there.

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Shirazmn - 27-10-2018

Hi Evy
I have reasons for not going to get fitted, the main one is that my wife knows of my crossdressing but wouldn't approve of me taking herbs to enhance my chest. So, as long as I buy cheap bras and I don't act like I am taking this too seriously then everything is fine. If I show that I am too serious about bras exactly when "by pure chance" my chest is expanding then some alarm lights may go off.
My questions above have been triggered by the fact that in the last week my band size seems to have reduced all of a sudden, even if my weight hasn't changed, and my "breasts" seem to have dropped a bit. Yesterday I tried on my 38C, bought because they were cheap and not because I think I'll ever fill them, and for the first time my nipples were touching the fabric of the cup and the band seemed looser than usual. With a bralet on, I can really see the shape of "breasts" but, since I am a 38 band, it's a struggle to understand how my wider shaped "breasts" should sit into a bra.

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Dartanious Lea - 27-10-2018

Evo, try a 38 for plus size women  it gives a wider distance between cleavage.

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Pansy-Mae - 28-10-2018

(27-10-2018, 10:38 PM)Shirazmn Wrote:  My questions above have been triggered by the fact that in the last week my band size seems to have reduced all of a sudden, even if my weight hasn't changed, and my "breasts" seem to have dropped a bit. Yesterday I tried on my 38C, bought because they were cheap and not because I think I'll ever fill them, and for the first time my nipples were touching the fabric of the cup and the band seemed looser than usual.

There is your answer! Smile 
 I had a similar puzzle some years ago, and eventually it dawned on me that since my breasts had matured somewhat they dropped as well and my nipples were noticeably lower than they used to be. A male chest/ribcage  is a different shape to a female one, as you said before, but it isn't just broader, it also tapers down towards the waist. So as your breasts elongate and hang lower the undercrease circumference, ie the bra band measurement, also moves down and, depending on the actual amount of ribcage taper and the amount of fat around the torso, your bra basnd size will also  reduce slightly. This doesn't in itself alter the cup size, but that will probabaly change as well although not so noticeably.
This is a picture that I posted on my threa back in 2012 to show what I mean.

[attachment=15477]

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Shirazmn - 28-10-2018

Thank you Pansy-Mae you are spot-on. That's exactly what is happening. The difference between me and your photos is that I have a lot more fat going on Sad .
You you think I should stick to my usual band size or try to go down one, even if I would have to use the wider hooks?
And, even in your situation, what do you expect your breasts to do in a bra? Be supported and lifted, be covered? And how should it fit? Underboob touching the bottom of the cup, or fabric touching the nipples without pulling up any weight? (Or something else...)
Thank you

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Pansy-Mae - 28-10-2018

(28-10-2018, 07:47 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  Thank you Pansy-Mae you are spot-on. That's exactly what is happening. The difference between me and your photos is that I have a lot more fat going on Sad .
You you think I should stick to my usual band size or try to go down one, even if I would have to use the wider hooks?
And, even in your situation, what do you expect your breasts to do in a bra? Be supported and lifted, be covered? And how should it fit? Underboob touching the bottom of the cup, or fabric touching the nipples without pulling up any weight? (Or something else...)
Thank you

I wear a 36B and I always have underwired, just because I like the feel and I think it improves my shape. The 36 band is probably a bit tighter than it 'should' be but I find it comfortable.

As for the lift, support or whatever, much of that depends on the bra style and/or volume of your breasts. I always used to choose 'Wonderbra' type thinking that it would add apparent volume, but then I got a 'balcony' bra and  to my amazement that made me look much bigger and thats pretty much all I wear these days. I find the wonderbra tends to squash them because I have a centre gap and need them pushing inwards. OTOH the balcony bra does lift slightly - I don't have much 'overhang' but the balcony makes better use of what I have and as they lift they also spread slightly and since they can't spread outwards, it all goes inwards and reduces that centre gap. I hope that makes sense?

Ideally, I think the bra cup should cosily hug the breast everywhere, there shouldn't really be any gaps, but IMO a  gap is better than a bulge over the top.

So I suggest you use a tape measure in conjunction with your existing bras to decide what size band you need to be comfortable and then experiment with cup size and style.

If it helps any, I only by cheap ones, try fleabay!

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Birgit - 28-10-2018

Thank you all, this is very helpful for me too

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - Dianna1395 - 30-10-2018

A few things can help, I forget the brand name - out of NYC, they've got specialty bras to re-mold the breasts, and make the underarm tissue "flow" back to the breasts. I can't vouch for the effects, but I understand from others it works. YMMV. You can try some of that using the "wet bra" method, google "The Breast Plan VI" - should still be out there.
Basic idea is, the tissue is pushed into a wet bra you wear, which is a little tight. Like, a band size smaller, and an underwire, and you can use a softcup design, I.E., no formed foam cup needed, it won't work as well as we'd like.
then you wrap in cellophane or plastic wrap (keeps it wet), ad just adjust a few times a day, pulling things back into the cups.
Over time, it'll increase the tissue captured in the cups.

Hmm...
Archived version:
http://www.oocities.org/westhollywood/village/3025/tbp.html   <-- Best version, I think

http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=prettytransgende;id=1;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwebspace%2Ewebring%2Ecom%2Fpeople%2Fed%2Fdee_in_pa%2Fbra%2Fbraintro%2Ehtm   <-- Decent version with images.

Text version: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/soc.support.transgendered/pJ_ZYVQe8EI/VHrOvaRBl3oJ

This is from the ...  mid-90s, I think? 

The Bras, I did a google, it's Bradelis. Best option is to get fitted for them. New york City might be distant, they have consultants I think - you might need to go looking. https://bradelisnewyork.com/

Lastly, a few notes:
- Male torso is different from female. You'll want to use the bad measurement as is, probably, unless you're VERY lucky.  ;-)
- Above 40" , I think it was, don't add to the band size. Just let it be the measurement.
- Account for any underarm flab. It counts towards band size, but that won't make for a happy fit, I learned that the hard way.
- Find the shapes of your breasts: https://www.bratabase.com/help/shapes/    You'll probably need to size to correct the east-west split (Use a tight sports bra often, and pull the tissues to make the shape you want, pulling the nipples to point front. :-)  )

And you'll want to check Bratabase or Full on top / Full on bottom bra types and brands, make sure you're using the best style and brand to fit you well. You have to sort of "not be a girl" here: the skimpy sexy bras won't be your friends many times, you need the right bra, even if it's "utilitarian." I had to explain this to a girlfriend, she was "well endowed" (DD+) and I had to MAKE her go for a fitting...  She wanted to be sexy for me, s was always wearing lace demi-cups and such - which were the wrong size. I also had no issue with the utilitarian ones for normal wear, sexy is great but - if she's in pain by the end of the day, what she looks like is irrelevant, especially since it's the PERSON, not her clothes...  I'd rather she not have "quad boob" and "look sexy," and instead have a more basic bra that gives good support and shaping. They all look the same on the floor, if you know what I mean.  ;-)

That's a long winded example to say, make sure you wear the right bra, and make function the priority. ;-)

Keep us posted.
-Dianna

RE: A couple of tech question on bra sizing and support - happyfeet - 01-11-2018

What else is wierd is I have a few bras made by Bali I liked the first one so much I bought 2 more .but I really didn't pay attention to the type/ model  and even tho they were the same size and same brand they fit different.  Like one of them the cups seem way to big and the other just makes my breasts sore for some reason.