Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Pueraria Mirifica (archive thread)

PUERARIA MIRIFICA
September 28 2007 at 1:35 AM Boob-Dreamer (Login Boob-Dreamer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a male, I have spent most of my time in this section of the Forum, I hadn't realised that there was another section devoted to Pueraria Mirifica.

So a simple question, does anyone have a view about combining Pueraria Mirifica with other herbs such as Fenugreek, Fennel or Red Clover.

Dreamer

Author Reply
Fennel
(no login) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA September 28 2007, 5:28 PM

Miroestrol - the active substance (phytoestrogen) in Pueraria Mirifica, is said to be the most similar to human estrogen of all the phytoestrogens judging by its chemical (molecular) structure. They say it's stronger than other phytoestrogens so my guess is that if you mix it with other herbs, the hetbs will kind of weaken the effect of the PM just as if you want to get really drunk and pour yourself a vodka drink with 1 cl vodka and 9 cl water and then add lots of ice cubes to it.

Boob-Dreamer
(Login Boob-Dreamer)
SENIOR MEMBER Alternate Paths September 30 2007, 1:14 AM

So, if Pueraria Mirifica is potentially stronger I can understand why you would not want to mix with other competing herbs that are weaker. The basic question this provokes is which path to choose in the beginning and why, Pueraria Mirifica or Fenugreek and Red Clover and/or Fennel etc. Can we define the pros and cons of each route?

Presumably Saw Palmeto and liquorice will reduce testosterone whichever path we take.

Consequencially, is there an optimum regime to achieve best results and what are the down sides.

Dreamer

Edit Message Delete Message

Anon
(no login) Or.... September 30 2007, 2:11 AM

What if you take the recommended dosage of PM, and then add Fenugreek, RC, and Fennel IN ADDITION to the PM?? Then are you really weakening the dosage?? Or rather "enhancing" the PM?

Fujiapple
(Login Fujiapple) * * It's not recommended...* * September 30 2007, 3:43 AM

Hi, Dreamer:

If you do research more ( speacially @ BE Board) then you'll find out: it's not recommended to combine PM and other phytoestrogen herbs like FG, Fennel or RC even when you're on BCP. The reason why Fennel Fairy already explained clearly above.(Anon, The phytoestrogen herbs make PM WEAKER or INEFFECTIVE...)

I'm on Mirifem Full Potential (one of PM) now however it contains very low dose of FG which usually not recommended but works for me!!!

Happy Boobie Growing

Fennel Fairy
(no login) To anon: September 30 2007, 8:35 AM

Quote: - What if you take the recommended dosage of PM, and then add Fenugreek, RC, and Fennel IN ADDITION to the PM?? Then are you really weakening the dosage?? Or rather "enhancing" the PM? - /end of quote.

We don't have an unlimited amount of estrogen receptors so we can't just add more and more and more phytoestrogens to get a greater effect. We can only handle a certain amount. When you add a considerably weaker product, that will compete with the PM for a place on one of the receptors. This means that some of the miroestrol molecules won't find a place to attach itself because there's already phytoestrogens from fennel stuck there. Wouldn't that weaken the PM?

Any type ov hormonal overload will just shut down the receptors to protect the body, then you end up with no results at all. This is why too much isn't always a good option.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) To Boob-Dreamer September 30 2007, 12:08 PM

If it was that easy... One product will work for one person but not necessarily for another. All bodies are different and will respond differently to NBE. Some will grow on ANYTHING and some won't grow on whatever product they try. It's all trial and error.

Boob-Dreamer
(no login) Alternet Paths October 1 2007, 3:31 AM

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

I think Fennel has clearly identified that it would be counter productive to mix Pueraria Mirifica with any of the other (weaker) herbal phytoestrogens.

So back to my real question, if a newcomer asked which path to take, PM or a mixture of herbs, can anyone quantify the pro's and con's involved with each approach. This could be useful to a newbie to help them decide what to do. For example, which gives the quickest speed of growth, lowest risk factors, best availability and perhaps lowest cost. In simple terms why should I take one route or the other, what do I base my decision on.

I recognise Fennel's later comments that all bodies are different and respond in different ways. However, I would have thought we should be able to identify and justify a recommended starting point. This would then be subject to trial and error on a personal basis.

Regards

Dreamer

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 1 2007, 6:27 AM

quickest speed of growth: Depends on who takes it
lowest risk factors: Ordinary cooking herbs (fennel & fenugreek)
best availability: See above
lowest cost: See above

As soon as anything is put in capsules and sold as a supplement, the price goes up a lot. When I was on herbs, I bought fennel and fenugreek in the spice section of the supermarket and it cost nearly nothing. Worked well too!

The stronger the phytoestrogens, the higher the risk factor. Allergies must always be taken into account too. I never dared to try red clover for instance, since I suffer from hayfever and know that I am allergic to clover. PM can cause bloodclots if the dose is too high and maybe this is the case with Ovary too. Some people get acne, menastrual irregularities and nausea from both PM and BO. Fenugreek can make you tired because it lowers the blood sugar.

Pueraria Mirifica has to be ordered over the internet but is available to everyone, Bovine Ovary can be hard to get since the product is banned in some countries and the packet you order might get confiscated in customs. Ordinary cooking herbs are easy to get locally.

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 1 2007, 11:40 AM

Now taking PM and herbs has been somthing i have constantly been reaserching and sadly i have found no evidence to sugest that taking PM along side another herb will be of any benefit.
if any thing all evidence points to lowering the effects the PM has, ie other herbs will weaken PM.

I am taking PM and i think it is ok to take other things that are beneficial in NBE along side PM, such as borage or EPO Vit C etc as apposed to the strong herbs like FG
i would say drinking fennel tea wouldnt be of a hinderence though.

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 1 2007, 9:06 PM

I've been using PM since I started full time in Jan/07. I don't mix with other phyto-E herbs. I do use evening primrose, saw palmetto,stinging nettle and an amino acid complex.
I've had pretty good results using the PM, but I seem to have slowed down a fair bit (9 months now) when it comes to growth. I contribute that to the anti-androgens not being very effective any more.
Saw Palmetto is very effective in blocking dihydrotestosterone but it doesn't block other forms of T very well. So I'm trying a prescription T blocker for a few months and we'll see what happens.

Boob-Dreamer
(Login Boob-Dreamer)
SENIOR MEMBER Pueraria Mirifica and anti-androgens October 2 2007, 1:00 AM

Thanks Blu-Jay, you have answered the second question that I raised at the beginning. That is the use of anti-androgens with PM.
I have seen very little reference to using anti-androgens such as Saw Palmetto or Liquorice in conjunction with PM, whilst they are always included with any herbal package. Presumably this reflects the difference in PM's strength and in general anti-androgens are not considered so necessary as they are with the weaker herbal approach.

Dreamer

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 2 2007, 9:29 PM

The T blockers don't really effect the strength of the PM, They just sort of clear the path so the PM can do it's job better.
The male body is already saturated with testosterone, the PM would have a hard time to compete for the receptors. This goes for any other NBE herbs. Therefore I believe that it's very important for a male to use an anti-androgen to see results.
Although using regular E can block some of the androgens,I don't believe that the phyto-Es is strong enough to do that without the use of T blockers.
One needs to remember that if a bottle of PM says to take 500mgs. daily, that is what they recomend for females. A male needs to take atleast 2x500mgs.for it to be effective.
I use 3x500mgs a day. A good rule to follow for dosages is, if a product made for females says take take 1 or 2 a day, a male needs to take 2 to 4 of the same product.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 4 2007, 6:39 AM

Oh....Blu-Jay beat me to it.I was going to say sorta what you said Blu'.
Good glad someone made that point about the innate problem of fighting against the T in the body.
And many males have very strong levels of DHT which is the strongest form of T. It cannot be countered easily once it is being produced from T.
It is the biggest antagonist of Estrogens.
If a guy has problems with head hair falling out then there is high levels of DHT.

My libido is very low and Ive got hair growing on my head in frontal spots that Ive never had hair before;BUT,on the other hand I have a serious problem with body hair spreading..???..;So,I dont know what the deal is with me.
I was hoping that with the other signs that my body hair would lessen.

What is the deal with PM anyway?? Why is it supposed to be so great??

Blu-Jay
(no login) Davi Lee October 4 2007, 9:48 PM

You asked whats the deal with PM?
Fennel answered that at the very top of this thread. I personally would rather take something like PM because of it's strengh than a whole bunch of other stuff combined. Know what I mean? If I can avoid feeling BLAAAAAAH then I would rather try using one or two herbs and still get some results,Also throw in some T blockers.

Anon
(no login) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 5 2007, 2:18 PM

<>

So if a guy is losing his hair, he may need more estrogen in his daily diet?

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 5 2007, 10:27 PM

Hair falling out isn't always a DHT problem. It could be hereditary too. In that case, there isn't much meds can do. One of the only options is to get a transplant.

To the second part of your question. It's more that one would need the androgen blockers than the estrogen.This is the way professional hair loss clinics treat some forms of hair loss. with these anti androgen treatments are often sexual side effects. There are many women that also loose their hair when they reach a certain age, often it's during menopause when this happens. Women can also suffer from 'some' hairloss during pregnancies but it does grow back. So it's not necessarily the estrogen that can reduce or reverse hairloss.
A combination of both AAs and Es would give you a better chance of reversing the problem, but that all depends on how serious the problem is.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 7 2007, 5:05 PM

Well....heredity and genetic predisposition to production levels of particular biochemicals,are probably the same thing anyway....how else would it work?

Some men bald early due to the fact that they produce large amounts of DHT .....then there are situations,like mine, that the sons dont take after the father. My Mom's Mom's family's males have nice hair all the way up until they are getting older....but then my Mom's brother balded early....??I dunno??..

I'll be the first to admit I dont know all the predicating factors for hair loss.I mean,some women have the same problem.
Seems to still be related to high levels of Testo.and such.
Ah there's more to the biochemical effects going on.....there's cortisol also thats a factor,....stress stimulated chemicals.

If you want to try some herbal remedies that have been proven to work....then make a strong tea out of Sage and Rosemary...both or either.They are both known to stimulate hair growth on the head.
Make a rinse out of the tea.
Take like 2 cups of strong tea and then add a little cider vinegar to it,as a cleanser. I would add a little bit of Tea Tree Oil to it also,just like 1/4 teaspoon first,then try and see if its to strong or too weak for you.
If it causes too much burning then dilute if too strong.
You can also add a little lavender oil,,its good for this also.

Sage and rosemary both have really good estrogenic compounds.Sgae is actually very strong,as my theory is the other volitile oils within it cause the estrogenics to be more active.
Rosemary has a very complex chemical profile,its great for so many things.
I use both in my drinking tea all the time,along with fennel and hops.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 12 2007, 7:32 PM

Ive been musing on something Id like to try...I want some opinions.

Is there PM that comes in a cream form?

AND is it correct info. that I read that said that PM has localised effects depending on where you put it,..it doesnt have so much peripheral effect on other areas...it doesnt migrate in other words. Is that right?

So,If that is true Im thinking of getting it and using it as a body cream in certain places to experiment and see what effects it has.
OR getting the herb and making my own cream.

Isnt that St.Herb supposed to use PM....I know its waaaaay expensive.

Does anyone know any good sources for just the herb itself??

Im lazy and dont wanna go seeking... Smile HAHAHA....

Oh,isnt there a PM forum??

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 12 2007, 7:46 PM

Hi Davi,

Yes there is a PM forum on the main menu. I use PM cream from pueraria.co.uk but others include St.Herb and Mirifem (AKA Full Potential) - most seem to buy from Deborah on ebay (Phytosense herbals - US based). The pueraria.co.uk cream is 25% pure herb. There is also a PM booby soap (Blossom Soap) which you lather up, apply and leave for a few mins then rinse off in the shower, I think that is 4% herb. PM is the strongest phytoestrogen, some women are using with progesterone cream to balance. There are also PM pills but I've not used those. Deborah on ebay is a good source of info and stocks several different brands (but no standard herbals like Wonderup - she is honest though and not just advertising her products)

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 12 2007, 7:50 PM

Sorry, had to post what I'd written to go back and remind myself what you actually asked! Not sure if it just affects the boobs, I know some of the people using the pills report weight gain (like with other estrogens). There is also Bust Up PM chewing gum and now F Cup Cookies (50mg PM each) if you're into interesting Japanese inventions.

Have a look as DMSO in terms of skin absorption...this sounds very interesting to me - have posted about it on the main forum and there have been a few posts previously but not much interest - seems like the magic bullet in terms of topical application.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: PUERARIA MIRIFICA October 14 2007, 9:33 PM

Hiya louise....well,my new experiment is to use it on body spots that I want to build up more fat in. I have no idea if it will work or not.Its just one of my little theorys.
DMSO,isnt that the industrial solvent??...ewww...I dont know about that stuff,it makes me creeped out.I dont like the idea of putting industrial chemicals in me bod.
But good info,thanks,..HAHA..F-cup cookies??..oh boy!...that sounds interesting...I wonder if they have as much herb as they claim.
The Blossom soap,seems like a ripoff to me....I dont see how that much of it can get into yur tissues that way.
Im for the creams type application.

To be specific about my experiment,I want to apply it to my hips areas,so I can see if I can develop fats there quicker.My rear is getting quite nice and round,as well as my thighs and legs generally.Im just really into curviness,ya see.
The only problem Im having is why this spot right on each hip is not building fat deposits as quickly.It bugs me,that its not rounding out as well or fast as my other parts.Its getting there but its way behind.
Also,if this herb works good I want to try it on my breasts.
yah,any other info. you have is welcomed.
You said you had some topic entrys about it??
Are they easy to find? Sometimes I go looking for topics and the title isnt easy to discern.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon