Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Getting rid of chest hair without looking like you have leprosy

I have tried various ways of getting rid of my chest hair and my chest looks like I have either galloping acne or leprosy - whichever's the worst. I ave tried

- Individual plucking. Not too painful but slow
- Wax strips. I suspect that this did the damage
- Epilators. Yeeeoooooooch!!!!!!
- Shaving. Effective for the next few hours

I suspect it was the wax strips that did me in. They include a very thin oil that you rub on afterwards to remove the thicker wax that was left over and I suspect that I did not wash this thin oil off thoroughly enough and it has gone into my pore and caused the blockages. Other than that the wax was very effective.

What does everyone else do?

Beverley

I do invidual plucking but did it from the first day a hair ever dared to come up over there. So all the time I need to get rid of tiny hairs bet if you do it (almost) daily it is not too time consuming per day. Unfortunately the hairs still come back.

I'm part way through a course of laser hair removal on chest and abdomen ( I've had 2 out of the half a dozen sessions). So far I'm very pleased with progress although since I have a smattering of grey and white hairs in amongst the black, it is highly unlikely to get rid of all of them.

I'm also having beard removal as well as hands and lower arms at the same time. The beard is further along than the rest ( 3 sessions) and is very effective, the blue 5o'clock shadow has virtually gone already.

Pansy Mae

I have been shaving my chest for over a year now and I find it quite adequate. I have been on 1500 per day of PM up to last week when I started to run out. I was going to change over to BO but changed my mind and reordered PM. I have noticed that my body hair is getting a lot less and is finer and softer than before, including genital hair. When I shave my legs they take a lot longer to regrow. I have read that this is what I should expect on PM. Hopefully my PM will arrive soon and I will keep the changes I have. anyway, the point is if you get your estrogen levels right, your hair should get finer and thinner. Did I say what I am trying to say?

Hi

I am fortunate in not being very hairy. In fact the only hairs I have on my chest are around my nipples which I shave, very carefully, every 7 to 10 days.

Since I started to take PM about 10 months ago, I am sure the hair on my hair has thickened whereas my leg and arm hair has reduced - maybe wishful thinking, an age thing or my rose coloured specsSmile

After 10 months of taking PM capsules as recommended by my supplier the results whilst positive have been disappointing.

Sometimes I get quite dispondent as there appears to be no change at all, other times I can feel the difference under my clothing.

The problem is I don't know what I should expect. Talk of A or B cups doesn't explain how my new chest should look.

I may have to consider alternative treatment....but which?

Best regards to all,

Sarah

(10-01-2011, 08:17 AM)sarahwr Wrote:  I may have to consider alternative treatment....but which?

Read this http://www.mtftransition.com/t-girl.htm

It makes quite depressing reading in one way, but it is essential reading if you are considering this sort of thing and the discussion of the consequences, current statistics and outcomes raises points that anyone should consider.

I thought it was a real "downer" but it changed my view of transition and made me decide I'm better off as an effeminate male with boobs.

Beverley

Ooooh !
Well there are hair removal creams. You just leave it on for about 10 mins and then just wash it off. Only a few people have a reaction and the only real down side is it smells funny -___-

I've been on antiandrogens for an enlarged prostate, and watched much of my body hair disappear. I've supplemented with plucking, and after several years they are practically all gone. I pluck immediately after I dry myself after a shower, when the skin is softer, and there's very little discomfort.

I'm lucky to have never grown much chest hair, except for around the nipples...but after starting PM a few more started to sprout.

I pluck the dark ones, but they've stopped popping up as much, now its all blonde fine hairs.

So now I mostly sugar wax, the brand i use is Nads lol....stuff washes off in the water and isn't too painful.

Just be sure to heat the wax up a little with a hair dryer or something, and don't apply it directly to your skin, rather to the strip...that is if you want to save yourself some pain, because the stuff is nearly impossible to apply directly to your skin without it hurting like hell.

It's not too bad this way though....and you can reuse the strips a few times by folding the waxed side together and ripping it apart. Pretty economical option for those who are fed up with plucking. Its all natural as well for those who are paranoid about 10 syllable chemicals like I am.

Buy the No-No... I'm gonna buy one in a few weeks... If your dedicated, it will work, and like me, being super hairy, it will be a task, but 90% of the hair won't return with regular use, so you can zip that off in no time.

$300 over 3 months is a small price to pay to be hairless, includes facial as well for those overly hairy facial areas

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon