Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek

I want to start taking fenugreek wha is the max amount per day I can safely take

(06-04-2024, 06:35 PM)Toni68! Wrote:  I want to start taking fenugreek wha is the max amount per day I can safely take
To my knowledge, Fenugreek is very safe. However, side effects are possible, such as upset stomach. Also, FG lowers blood sugar levels, and that can be either a good thing, or a potentially a problem, if one is diabetic and on insulin.

FG has been used as a spice for hundreds or even thousands of years, and is generally considered as safe (GRAS). Some sources mention pretty high daily maximum intakes such as https://www.verywellhealth.com/benefits-...reek-88686 which mentions a recommendation of max. 21 grams. (Here we talk about FG seeds/seed powder, not concentrates!). That article I linked into has also some warnings regarding potential side effects.

I have used FG in the past and my dosage was one topped tablespoon of ground fenugreek mornings and evenings, mixed in yogurt. I got maybe bit extra gas from it, but didn't experience any serious side effects. I also took Red Reishi powder together with FG, and got some initial results in form of "breast budding" a couple of years ago. Then I switched over to PM, which seems to be much more powerful stuff (but for PM, be aware that extracts are mostly totally useless, and only a few brands of products are proven to work)

It may be best to start slowly, increase gradually, and not go over that 21 grams / day. And note, that I am not a doctor and can't give medical advice, what I am writing is only my opinion based on my experience and reading several articles about the subject.

Lotus has collected and published here a lot of valuable research data about all kinds of supplements, including FG. It might be a good idea to read some of her notes here. If I remember correctly, she considers FG to be the best option if PM or BO isn't available. 

-Teddy

I havve used pm for a year to year and a half
 And I am taking a break from it now. I will restart pm this fall

I just want to keep growing during my break. I am taking 6000ml now. I will ramp up to 5000 morning and 5000 evenings

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon