Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone cream

Since starting on HRT Gel, I get rather irritable without a regular dose of progesterone Angry ; so as it looks like the lavender and D3 Emerita cream are due back in stock next week I think I'll use it as an excuse to stock-up and try other creams Big Grin

Has anyone else gone the DIY road and made up PC themselves? 
Raw product is available here:  https://waterlilypharmaceutical.godaddysites.com/
(Hope I'm allowed to post that) 
Made up some β-Estradiol and Progesterone cream loosely following a guide on here. Next time I'll swap iso for DMSO I think
Estradiol cream working wonders.
Haven't used the PC yet as I'm waiting for buds to finish.
It's a lot more budget friendly method imo, only downsides are it's posted untracked and takes a while to arrive via standard post

Thankyou Wills, a very interesting find.
I'm now wondering if this is the  same "stuff" many of the home-brew HRT suppliers use.

Very similar I imagine if not the same. If 1g makes 1 liter@ 1mg/ml you can see it's cost effective, in fact the filler(aloe Vera gel, oils etc) likely cost me more

I just ordered some.  GHow much and what kind of cream do you mix it with?

I got the idea and the recipe loosely from here:
https://www.breastnexum.com/showthread.php?tid=31367
However, not having such fine scales required to measure 150mg I scaled it up to use the full 1g. 
When I made up a batch of PC I made it pretty much the same. Haven't used much of it yet as buds kicked off by the home made e gel are still happening. 
I believe you can substitute Isopropyl for DMSO, but make sure you read all the precautions and warnings before heading down that path.
Good luck!

Also coming from the UK and looking for PC

I found this, and have ordered some, although now, after reading this thread I wonder if it is ok or not.

The site is this: https://uk.store.wellsprings-health.com/...ump-bottle

Ingredients listed are: 
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Progesterone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Xanthan Gum

Not sure how this compares to the BIOEVA site (prices are sim ilar)

https://www.biovea.com/uk/product/detail...-2oz-59ml/

And their ingredients are:
Purified Water, Glycerin, Palm Oil ([i]Isopropyl palmitate[/i]), Vegetable Stearic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Glyceryl Stearate, Emulsifying Wax NF, Progesterone USP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Sorbate, Allantoin, Lecithin, Evening Primrose ([i]Oenothera biennis[/i]), Tocopherol, Grape Seed ([i]Vitis vinifera[/i]) Extract, Burdock ([i]Arctium lappa[/i]) Root Extract.

Maybe one of the forum gurus can advise Smile

Imake my own. Coconut lotion and wild yam extract

(02-03-2024, 01:00 AM)Toni68! Wrote:  Imake my own. Coconut lotion and wild yam extract

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you.

I have seen several references to Wild Yam (containing Diosgenin) not being converted to Progesterone in the body. Therefore your lotion isn't same as "Bioidentical Progesterone". This article explains it quite well:
https://nwhn.org/wild-yam-cream-diosgeni...o-for-you/
An extract from the text:
"Natural progesterone is derived from either soybeans or Diascorea oillosa, the inedible Mexican wild yam. (The sweet potatoes and yams that we eat cannot be used for this purpose.) Diosgenin is the chemical compound extracted from the plants from which progesterone is derived, but there's a lengthy process in a chemistry lab involved in the conversion. There are now dozens of topical and vaginal "wild yam" creams. Oral wild yam preparations have been used in herbal medicine, primarily to treat gastrointestinal cramping. It is unclear whether any active components of wild yam are absorbed through the skin. In any case, eating or applying wild yam extract ordiosgenin will not result in increased progesterone levels in the body because the body cannot convert diosgenin into progesterone."
- and -
"If a product claims to contain only wild yam extract or diosgenin yet says it causes progestin-like effects, then it is mislabeled and actually contains the drug form of progesterone."

That is the reason I have been ignoring Wild Yam and looking for (and found, but not cheap) Progesterone Cream where the label says "Bioidentical Progesterone".

-Teddy

Thankfully both the items I listed don't contain that, but do list progesterone in the ingredients, so hopefully for UK people there's a couple of choices there.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon