Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Barriers to transgender health care

I found this article on a news website in the US and thought it may be of some interest to the community.

"Barriers to transgender health care lead some to embrace a do-it-yourself approach"

The website: https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-heal...-rcna90458

> "Of the approximately 30,000 to 40,000 online pharmacies around the globe, 96% don’t require a valid prescription, 85% offer medicines that aren’t authorized by the FDA and more than 50% offer controlled substances, according to the 2022 National Association of Boards of Pharmacy report".

Every DIY list that I've ever seen has always been less than 20 total sources, and even then it gets narrowed down to only one or two available options.

(07-07-2023, 05:23 PM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  > "Of the approximately 30,000 to 40,000 online pharmacies around the globe, 96% don’t require a valid prescription, 85% offer medicines that aren’t authorized by the FDA and more than 50% offer controlled substances, according to the 2022 National Association of Boards of Pharmacy report".

Every DIY list that I've ever seen has always been less than 20 total sources, and even then it gets narrowed down to only one or two available options.

I tried to find out where that number of online pharmacies came from. I only spent a few minutes, but the number seems to included online pharmacies in other countries that operate in the open.  I have been to several countries and have been able to walk into a pharmacy and get Rx drugs without a doctor's Rx.  The drug would have required a doctor's Rx in the US.  I am not defending the number, just reporting why that number maybe accurate.  Also, government regulatory people like to inflate numbers of "bad guys" so that they get attention and funding. Big Grin

I only know of several dozen of which most aren't even available options within EU. DIY has its limitations and its mostly about supply and avoiding problems with customs. Its a goddamn nightmare to deal with some times, not much fun, always eveyrthing uncertain more or less each time. Its doable to and to many the only way there is. In Finland the problem is insanely long waiting times and crappy HRT based on age old thinking.

If I were to play "by the rules" I would still be on day zero and once I could get help, it would be inefficient and just plain wrong. We're not even worst off, UK is much much worse. Its absolutely ridiculous how our life saving medical care is being gatekept like its some arcane occult secret only meant for select few. Same applies to transition in its entirety, it feels like its really only for the strongest and most privileged and nobody else. Especially if you want a graceful transition with everything there is to be done, all so called "cosmetic" stuff is pocketed here. We only get bare bones essentials and even that isn't always the best, especially HRT is crap so I see no other way than to do everything I can on my own. I've been very lucky to find the right people to help me out and within year and half I run into problem with estrogen once again unless I stock up before that or cook my own. I have a fifteen year supple of EEn waiting to be made.

I do DIY, bought raw estradiol and had zero problems with shipping or anything. Im glad DIY exists

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon