Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question for those that have tried PM and HRT

So I quit PM again, mainly because it makes me too exhausted to do anything even at just 500mg/day. I tried going up to 1000mg and then even sitting at the computer was too exhausting.

Does HRT do this too, or does PM not do this to others?

Am I wrong in thinking that HRT would do the same, only even worse? I really, really hate to give up on my goals, but I can't just stay in bed all the time.

(26-04-2018, 02:37 AM)PaulaJ Wrote:  So I quit PM again, mainly because it makes me too exhausted to do anything even at just 500mg/day. I tried going up to 1000mg and then even sitting at the computer was too exhausting.

Does HRT do this too, or does PM not do this to others?

Am I wrong in thinking that HRT would do the same, only even worse? I really, really hate to give up on my goals, but I can't just stay in bed all the time.

Yes, in my case, it caused me some problems with lethargy.  I complained to my GD about it.  I had a hormone panel done and he looked at the results....   T was like around 45 and my E was about 57...   He said that the shift was what was probably causing the problem.  Heck, I even went from feeling hot, to being chilled...  

Now that my E is about 189 and my E is around 35 I feel a lot more energized.....

It could also be that you have some sort of negative reaction to the PM.  Since you never said how long you were on that regimen it's hard to say rather it's a hormone imbalance or a negative reaction to the PM.

But I am not a Doctor....  So take my thoughts for what it's worth......  0

(26-04-2018, 04:57 AM)Aria Wrote:  Now that my E is about 189 and my E is around 35 I feel a lot more energized.....

It could also be that you have some sort of negative reaction to the PM.  Since you never said how long you were on that regimen it's hard to say rather it's a hormone imbalance or a negative reaction to the PM.

Which one is E?

I was on PM for about 2 years, been off it for about 5 weeks. I feel so much more energetic, though I really want my breasts to stay. I quit for a few short times before, didn't like the way I felt and the thought of not going forward, but I don't think I will this time. If I am going to try again, it might as well be with a doctor and HRT, though I don't want to go through all that if I'm going to feel as tired on HRT.

(26-04-2018, 05:37 AM)PaulaJ Wrote:  
(26-04-2018, 04:57 AM)Aria Wrote:  Now that my E is about 189 and my E is around 35 I feel a lot more energized.....

Which one is E?

I was on PM for about 2 years, been off it for about 5 weeks. I feel so much more energetic, though I really want my breasts to stay. I quit for a few short times before, didn't like the way I felt and the thought of not going forward, but I don't think I will this time. If I am going to try again, it might as well be with a doctor and HRT, though I don't want to go through all that if I'm going to feel as tired on HRT.

Sorry for the confusion....  I have "fat fingers" sometimes.  LOL

E- 189   T- 35

I had weird muscle cramps, had flu like symptoms when I ever did more than like 1200 mg of PM.  Then I went HRT route.  I had about 1 month of lethargy till my hormones balance at the current levels.  My GD said that was to be expected in about 25 -30% of HRT patients.  So either your body can not tolerate the dose rate you set for yourself, or you have something causing sort of an allergic reaction. wpi;d be ,u giess/

For what it's worth...

I've found that even DHA fish oil (great stuff) makes me tired and lethargic.

Solution?

I take it at night!

(26-04-2018, 06:46 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  For what it's worth...

I've found that even DHA fish oil (great stuff) makes me tired and lethargic.

Solution?

I take it at night!

Fish Oil???   Wow..   I had to quit taken my progesterone at night because it caused some wicked weird nightmares....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon