Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Avoiding Phytoestrogens

Is avoiding phytoestrogens really going to make a difference or is this theoretical? I just started taking 0.1 mg patch 1/weekly and want to make sure it's not getting blocked.

Phytoestrogens are weaker so they might compete for receptors with estrogen from your hrt

(18-04-2018, 08:27 PM)Alanah Wrote:  Phytoestrogens are weaker so they might compete for receptors with estrogen from your hrt

True!  Don't combine strategies....  Could be deadly even!

(24-04-2018, 05:11 AM)Aria Wrote:  
(18-04-2018, 08:27 PM)Alanah Wrote:  Phytoestrogens are weaker so they might compete for receptors with estrogen from your hrt

I'm not. There's foods I eat and supplements I take for my chronic illness that have phytoestrogens in them. I was wondering how much of this is theoretical in terms of blocking. I can't make any sense out of studies on this subject.

(28-04-2018, 01:58 AM)Nightshade Wrote:  

I'm not. There's foods I eat and supplements I take for my chronic illness that have phytoestrogens in them. I was wondering how much of this is theoretical in terms of blocking. I can't make any sense out of studies on this subject.
Are you under Doctor's care for HRT or DIY?  If you are seeing a Doctor, it's best to consult with him/her.   I would think normal foods would not have enough estrogenic properties to be much of a problem...  But PM , soy and the like could have a negative impact.

(28-04-2018, 06:47 PM)Aria Wrote:  
(28-04-2018, 01:58 AM)Nightshade Wrote:  

Are you under Doctor's care for HRT or DIY?  If you are seeing a Doctor, it's best to consult with him/her.   I would think normal foods would not have enough estrogenic properties to be much of a problem...  But PM , soy and the like could have a negative impact.
How much soy would have an impact? I mean soy is really hard to avoid, it's in pretty much all processed foods, and yeah it's healthier to not eat processed foods, they're cheap and easier to make than making food from scratch with fresh ingredients.

I did see a post on the facebook HRT forum about this, a glass of soy milk would block about 0.001% of your HRT meds.

Its not so much the foods we eat, but the supplements that contain very high amounts that need to be avoided.

Some fruits can contain very small amounts of estrogen, but they can also boost HGH. ( Raspberries for instance )

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon