Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

eyes, pelvis and HRT

Think it's a bit of the old caviat of YMMV.  I see the way some are almost transformed, yet others... not so much.  

Reduction of muscle mass and loosening of tendons does seem to be given though, even if it might take a while and may vary in degree.  

However, I have noticed a steady trickle of anecdotal experience of bones being affected over time too.  I realise established wisdom is that bone isn't affected by HRT, but there are hormone receptors in bone and our entire bone structure is replaced every ten years.  So it's perhaps not unreasonable that over time there may be some changes even here?        

However, it seems more clear that adjusting our hormones can also trigger underlying health and genetic issues.  Which I suppose makes sense as hormones are one of the main ways the body regulated itself, so getting the big stick and waggling it about in our endocrine system is going to stir things up a bit. So perhaps a lesson to take from this is to understand ourselves better and keep aware of any changes or untoward symptoms?

I have noticed when using Oestrogel that may eyesight seemed to be affected.  Felt like I could feel my eye pressure change or maybe my eyes were just dryer, definitely blurry at times.

Also I have had to have both of my hips replaced in the last four years, not sure if the HRT contributed to the deterioration of the cartilage in my femur sockets.  Also if weight gain from HRT placed extra stress on my hips and back which I am sure didn't help with my hips wearing out.  I also wondered if the HRT may have caused more bone spurs to form as my cartilage wore away in my hip joints or if the effects on my connective tissue from HRT could have had an impact.

I also have the just the beginning of cataracts, but I think that is normal with my age, but could be related to my HRT too.

I think I my muscles feel stiffer when on HRT too, I feel like I need to stretch more often.

Darlene

(12-04-2018, 11:23 PM)gcman01 Wrote:  I have noticed when using Oestrogel that may eyesight seemed to be affected.  Felt like I could feel my eye pressure change or maybe my eyes were just dryer, definitely blurry at times.

Also I have had to have both of my hips replaced in the last four years, not sure if the HRT contributed to the deterioration of the cartilage in my femur sockets.  Also if weight gain from HRT placed extra stress on my hips and back which I am sure didn't help with my hips wearing out.  I also wondered if the HRT may have caused more bone spurs to form as my cartilage wore away in my hip joints or if the effects on my connective tissue from HRT could have had an impact.

I also have the just the beginning of cataracts, but I think that is normal with my age, but could be related to my HRT too.

I think I my muscles feel stiffer when on HRT too, I feel like I need to stretch more often.

Darlene

Hi Darlene

Sounds like we may be around the same sort of age. [Image: smile.gif]  But oh boy!  You certainly have been through the wars haven't you?

I still consider myself a student on all this but I have been around the subject for a couple of decades so perhaps not so much of a beginner now.  And although it is true that HRT will have all sorts of effects, what you are describing is actually classic and chronic mineral deficiency!

It's a big subject and not really on topic for this site, but I have been looking into this.  Would be happy to chat more if you wish, but I have a link that may be of interest?

www.drcarolyndean.com

I have a physically demanding job, and I’m always working in my yard & garden, cutting trees, etc. ... My hamstrings & buttocks are *always* sore & hurting. It’s a royal pain in the @$$.

I agree with huggy

Mineral balances can be upset

On either pm or hrt

Without doubt pm affects calcium levels and depletion is drastic

Liquid minerals and in larger amounts are most definitely a must

Julie 
X

The problem is that unless we have already consciously chosen to do something about it, we are all lacking in minerals.  Basically, because of the way food has been produced since the 1940's the soil has increasingly become depleted of minerals.  And these much needed minerals are quite simply just not not in our food.  

Put it this way, farmers know that if they want the best possible crops they will apply fertilizer that includes the 6 or 9 minerals that the plant needs (though often even this is cut back on!).  Have you ever wondered why food just doesn't seem to taste how it used to?  When was the last time you had a fresh tomato that burst with flavour and sweetness?  Guess what is missing????    

Thing is, the human body doesn't need 6 or 9 minerals, it needs around 60 minerals to function properly and support good health.  And to put it as plainly as I can... if we do not have sufficient of all these minerals (they are not call essential for nothing) it WILL have a major impact on our health.

Magnesium has been identified as one of the key minerals we need but is often deficient.  From memory, it is needed for some 600 different processes in the body.  And I have to say that magnesium deficiency has been linked with all the problems mentioned here.  

Sorry if I sound melodramatic but this really is important.  The frustrating thing is that there been multiple studies... published over decades... that have consistently proven that mineral deficiency is a major health problem, and is even the cause of many of the modern aliments we have to contend with nowadays.   

Shame we are not all told about all this, huh?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon