Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

It`s all in our heads!

No seriously, the `Insula` in particular: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/03/15/transgender-people-are-born-that-way-a-new-study-has-found/?utm_source=MOBFB&medium=253499+Transgender+people+are+born+that+way%2C+a+new+study+has+found&utm_campaign=PNMOBFB

Let`s hope this new information gets out there and quickly, and helps go towards our complete acceptance in society, it might even be nice to get some apologies!

a girl can dream can`t she?

(15-03-2018, 10:44 PM)Katie Wrote:  No seriously, the `Insula` in particular: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/03/15/transgender-people-are-born-that-way-a-new-study-has-found/?utm_source=MOBFB&medium=253499+Transgender+people+are+born+that+way%2C+a+new+study+has+found&utm_campaign=PNMOBFB

Let`s hope this new information gets out there and quickly, and helps go towards our complete acceptance in society, it might even be nice to get some apologies!

a girl can dream can`t she?

I thought everyone had that understanding??   Except my wife, that is... Sad  But my GD told me TG  is made due to stroke or trauma, but that it can bring it out do to sort of "soft" brain re wiring.

I'd certainly agree with that theory.
My mother used to say that she took me to the doctor back when I was a toddler because she thought I liked playing with dolls too much. When I was, I think, about 4, I dragged mum and dad up and down Oxford Street ( London) to look at pretty dresses for mummy. I was 5 when I asked a neighbouring little girl of about my age if I could try on her pretty  party dress. When I was 9-ish I used to grab my sister's comics as soon as they arrived simply because I liked reading them. At about 10 I found an older cousin's blue eyeshadow and played with it.....etc!!!

(17-03-2018, 11:16 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  I'd certainly agree with that theory.
My mother used to say that she took me to the doctor back when I was a toddler because she thought I liked playing with dolls too much. When I was, I think, about 4, I dragged mum and dad up and down Oxford Street ( London) to look at pretty dresses for mummy. I was 5 when I asked a neighbouring little girl of about my age if I could try on her pretty  party dress. When I was 9-ish I used to grab my sister's comics as soon as they arrived simply because I liked reading them. At about 10 I found an older cousin's blue eyeshadow and played with it.....etc!!!

I can so relate to that! the Only toy I have from my childhood since I was 4 years old is a little plastic doll I used to play with all the time, she went everywhere with me, i have no idea Why for some reason this doll was acceptable for a young "boy" to play with everything else was denied or I was physically beaten for, perhaps the amount I loved her was a step to far even for their cruelty? (I think the fact that I had my grandparents blessing helped though, since it was my Nan that gave it to me)
She`s been all over the world with me, always hidden in my dresser or the back of a cupbord or something, and never something that ever made me consciously consider I was trans. Until one day it did!

now she sits with pride of place ontop of my dresser and looks after my jewelry for me (the top lifts off).

I mentioned her in another post a long time ago, maybe do a search for "pink lady" will show something?
here`s a picture:

Looking back now, there are Soooo Many give-away clues that I was a girl all along, it amazes me how I (or others) never spotted it!? LOL xx

I read this article, and of course this theory is accepted by a great many.  I must admit that it leaves me wondering what, indeed, it means for me if true.  I lived about half a century rarely, very rarely, imagining being anything other than male.  Then my thinking slowly began drifting in another direction.  More than a decade later, I think about it almost all of the time when I am not focused on something else.  I finally started to do something about it, with a certain amount of uncertainty I must admit.  I know I am happiest when taking estradiol, and wish I could snap my fingers and have family, friends, and the world in general accept me as whatever I might become.  

So, if transgendered people are "born that way," what does that mean for me?  I do not know, and would greatly appreciate any insight.

(17-03-2018, 01:14 PM)spanky Wrote:  So, if transgendered people are "born that way," what does that mean for me?  I do not know, and would greatly appreciate any insight.

well I wouldn`t call it "insight" exactly, more of a guess really, but I would imagine that since the T delivery during gestation isn`t a binary On/Off thing, that there will be a range between the 2, like a dose in milligrams kinda thing. so if someone only had a Little bit of T missing they may be a crossdresser, someone that missed all of it may end up fully transsexual, and every wonderful variation between!
the Other factor (just to complicate things even more) is the Timing oif that T dose as well! like supose we`re sensitive to the T for a 2 week period, and that`s our window to fully masculinize 9is that even a word?), what would happen if your T dose was a week late? or it switched off a week early? add that to the Amount variable it`s a wonder there`s any Cis people at all! LOL

maybe there Aren`t actually any cis people? perhaps we`re all trans to a degree! (just a thought Cool ) xx

Very good pondering question that Katie
Is there such a thing as pure cis ?

Julie
X

(17-03-2018, 01:39 PM)Katie Wrote:  
(17-03-2018, 01:14 PM)spanky Wrote:  So, if transgendered people are "born that way," what does that mean for me?  I do not know, and would greatly appreciate any insight.

maybe there Aren`t actually any cis people? perhaps we`re all trans to a degree! (just a thought  Cool )  xx

All I know is I feel as though I crossed a bridge and am on the ramp heading off the far end, where I seem to be paused awaiting . . . something . . .  and I don't want to go back.  

I think you are right that we all have some kind of shifting balance of hormones, sloshing about depending on a variety of factors, and the balance may dictate where we fall on the spectrum at a given phase of life.  Indeed, it seems like insight to me, Katie!

(17-03-2018, 01:14 PM)spanky Wrote:  I read this article, and of course this theory is accepted by a great many.  I must admit that it leaves me wondering what, indeed, it means for me if true.  I lived about half a century rarely, very rarely, imagining being anything other than male.  Then my thinking slowly began drifting in another direction.  More than a decade later, I think about it almost all of the time when I am not focused on something else.  I finally started to do something about it, with a certain amount of uncertainty I must admit.  I know I am happiest when taking estradiol, and wish I could snap my fingers and have family, friends, and the world in general accept me as whatever I might become.  

So, if transgendered people are "born that way," what does that mean for me?  I do not know, and would greatly appreciate any insight.

I to, was a "Late Bloomer".  I have been playing around with Cross Dressing since I was 30ish.  I would volunteer to go in drag to costume parties and once in a while wear panty hose even on a work day , tights for those in the U.K., .But, it increasingly got more difficult as I got older and especially after my heart attack that ended in me retiring at the "old" age of 52.  Wow, then the girl half of me REALLY started to scream....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon