Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hiding in plain sight!

One of my Greatest fears when I first started transitioning was the idea of going out en femme, but made doubley worse by the fact that I live in a very rough post-industrial area sticken with poverty and all the associated crime and nastiness that breeds, inculding the gangs and drugs and violence etc...
there are many white nationalists and far right types also, a Great place to go out en femme don`t you think?

Well... I just realsied something that only hit me late last night, when I went to get my nails done, I was walking through the Worst area around here imaginable (it has a seriously bad rep!), in broad daylight without a care in the world! there was only myself and my friend Becky. I was actually living my worst fear and never even realised it! LOL

moreover, 2 of my best friends actually live on the estate as well! these people that I feared the most, we`re actually the kindest nicest and supportive people you could ask for in your squad!

I know that part of it is down to the fact that Nobody! Trans or openly Gay would Dare walk around in that area, so it`s not looked for and as such it`s not seen by anyone. you could probably pass quite badly and nobody would think you were trans, because nobody would expect it beacuse it`s assumed no ones That suicidal.

Except for Ditzy chicks like me that didn`t even realsie until 2 days later! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin xx

(27-01-2018, 11:01 AM)Katie Wrote:  One of my Greatest fears when I first started transitioning was the idea of going out en femme, but made doubley worse by the fact that I live in a very rough post-industrial area sticken with poverty and all the associated crime and nastiness that breeds, inculding the gangs and drugs and violence etc...
there are many white nationalists and far right types also, a Great place to go out en femme don`t you think?

Well... I just realsied something that only hit me late last night, when I went to get my nails done, I was walking through the Worst area around here imaginable (it has a seriously bad rep!), in broad daylight without a care in the world! there was only myself and my friend Becky. I was actually living my worst fear and never even realised it! LOL

moreover, 2 of my best friends actually live on the estate as well! these people that I feared the most, we`re actually the kindest nicest and supportive people you could ask for in your squad!

I know that part of it is down to the fact that Nobody! Trans or openly Gay would Dare walk around in that area, so it`s not looked for and as such it`s not seen by anyone. you could probably pass quite badly and nobody would think you were trans, because nobody would expect it beacuse it`s assumed no ones That suicidal.

Except for Ditzy chicks like me that didn`t even realsie until 2 days later! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin xx

Maybe that's why i felt safer walking around liverpool, catching the subway from our area into the city centre ?? On another note, i also noticed quite a few other transgender females walking around, maybe we have better transgender radars ?

(27-01-2018, 03:25 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  On another note, i also noticed quite a few other transgender females walking around, maybe we have better transgender radars ?

As the old saying goes "Takes one to know one"

aparently that in itsdelf can cause problems if you ackowledge them, because if they`re out there in the wild, and some trans person`s all Like Hi, I can see you! they can get all worried wondering what`s giving them away!
I`v never knowingly met another trans person the wild and I`v never been ackowledged as trans either, so maybe there`s some truth in it?
me personally, if a sister wanted to say Hi or just nod and smile, I`m totally down with that, wouldn`t bother me at all, but I guess if it was someones first time out (and you never know) it Could un-nerve them.

my trans radar`s pretty much broken, I can see male and female in almost everyone to varying degrees and I just can`t tell half the time, maybe I`m gender blind? LOL xx

(27-01-2018, 08:02 PM)Katie Wrote:  aparently that in itsdelf can cause problems if you ackowledge them, because if they`re out there in the wild, and some trans person`s all Like Hi, I can see you! they can get all worried wondering what`s giving them away!
I`v never knowingly met another trans person the wild and I`v never been ackowledged as trans either, so maybe there`s some truth in it?
me personally, if a sister wanted to say Hi or just nod and smile, I`m totally down with that, wouldn`t bother me at all, but I guess if it was someones first time out (and you never know) it Could un-nerve them.

my trans radar`s pretty much broken, I can see male and female in almost everyone to varying degrees and I just can`t tell half the time, maybe I`m gender blind? LOL xx

I never acknowledge them, I believe its their personal space.  The time to meet and say hi is in an organised situation.

I never say/do anything.
I know how much I would hate somebody doing it to me, because (a) it would severely dent my self confidence to know that I had been 'read', and (b) I would think that if I had 'read' somebody then so might others, so if I  then made contact it might draw attention to me ( if that makes sense?).

it makes perfect sense and I feel the exactly the same way, at first I thought it was part of my Internalised Transphobia (and I still have some), but later came to realise that it was actually just common sense survival. So yeah, I totally get that! xx

(27-01-2018, 11:01 AM)Katie Wrote:  One of my Greatest fears when I first started transitioning was the idea of going out en femme, but made doubley worse by the fact that I live in a very rough post-industrial area sticken with poverty and all the associated crime and nastiness that breeds, inculding the gangs and drugs and violence etc...

If you think you live in such a terrible place, then try moving into a Muslim Enclave....  Where they hack and behead peeps for just being Non Muslims.... let alone being gay, lesbian or uh hmmm... Transgendered??? Them dam nasty right wingers are NOT so nasty in comparison.  I would be considered a "Right Winger", so maybe you should disassociate from me?

2nd paragraph....   Wow, maybe then Right Wingers aren't so bad if people would quit listening to so much B.S rhetoric??  And think for themselves and experience other folks as safely as possible???

I`d hardly consider you be the Anti Black, anti anyone not English , anti Gay, white supermacist Skinhead type to be honest? Wink
and I never claimed it to be the worst place on earth??? Huh  Just very Dangerous.

(28-01-2018, 07:28 PM)Katie Wrote:  I`d hardly consider you be the Anti Black, anti anyone not English , anti Gay, white supermacist Skinhead type to be honest? Wink
and I never claimed it to be the worst place on earth??? Huh  Just very Dangerous.

Sorry, after reading my comment again....  it came off sort of rude.  I should of just said, " We all need to be careful about labels and sweeping comments.  After all we are victims of the same...."  Sorry again for making it so personal....

XO
Aria

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon