Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Loose weight AND grow boobs!

Loose weight and grow boobs?

Thought that might get your attention [Image: biggrin.gif]

Heard of Rooibos Tea? 

Yup, that funny red tea that doesn't quite taste like tea, normally tucked away in the corner of the herbals shelf gathering dust.  Well, it's been around for years (my Mum was drinking it 20+ years ago) and for those in the know it has been a regular brew and famed for its healthful qualities.  But somehow it kinda never really got onto the general radar.  Well it's making waves now!

It's good for limiting fat absorption, diabetes control, it's a strong antioxidant, reduces stress, and so on and so on.......  Yeh, heard all this before I hear you say.  Bring on the next "super food" fad (you cynic you[Image: wink.gif]).         

Except that this time there are multiple clinical studies which are showing real results in reducing fat accumulation within cells, and even inhibiting the formation of new fat cells by as much as 22 percent.

It is being shown to reduce the levels of and help with balancing blood glucose, which also helps with weight reduction and diabetes control.  

And... one of the warnings given against prolonged consumption of Rooibos it that has been shown to have an estrogenic effect.  When I read that, it made me do a double take too!

Studies are so far are concentrating on the three main compounds. Aspalathin, Quercetin, and Nothofagin.   I know Quercetin has popped up on our radar before as being useful to us and apparently Rooibos is bursting with the stuff!   

I was going to include a bunch of links, but Google is loaded with info, and links to the clinical studies come up pretty quickly.  And I am sure you have your own favourite resources to go to for research anyway.  But thought this link was a nice introduction to the subject.

http://www.sddu.leeds.ac.uk/gts/postgrad...Courts.pdf

Another curiosity about the Roo is that it only grows in South Africa and even then, only in a comparatively small area.  But it has been around for ages so there should be little trouble getting some where you are.  The only question then is the quality of the source and how high are the concentrations of the compounds we are interested in.  But that is always the catch with going natural isn't it? 

By sheer coincidence, I have a friend flying out to South Africa today.  And I have asked him to find out what he can for me.  Going right to the source will hopefully mean I can get my hands on some of the good stuff too!     

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by Huggy - 08-11-2017, 04:51 PM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by jannet.duff - 09-11-2017, 03:07 AM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by GamerGurl - 12-11-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by Huggy - 13-11-2017, 11:52 PM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by VergeOfDiscovery - 28-01-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by VergeOfDiscovery - 29-01-2018, 02:41 PM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by AlexisM - 29-01-2018, 08:49 PM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by VergeOfDiscovery - 29-01-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by AlexisM - 30-01-2018, 06:36 AM
RE: Loose weight AND grow boobs! - by Huggy - 30-01-2018, 02:18 PM