Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mammograms

I`m posting this in case any of you are worried about or considering having a mammogram / breast screening.

I had my first one last week, here in the UK all women get appointments for breast screening from the age of 5  and every 3 years after that, I turned 50 in May.
they like you to turn up 5 mins before your actual appointment time, when you go in you hand your letter to reception, they ask you to comfirm your name and address and give proof of ID (I used my driving license, but anything like that will do). if it`s not busy you`ll be asked to go into a changing cubicle and undress your top half, you can throw your coat around you if you want, I was wearing a cami top so I just left that on as it`s easy to pull the straps down. a few mins later another door will  open and you`ll be asked to come with the nurse to the X-ray machine, (you can take your purse with you!) she`ll them ask a few things like name and address and DOB and if you`ve had any surgeries on your breasts or had any changes since last time.
then you just do as she directs and have your pictures taken Smile
yes it`s really uncomfortable and hurts a little bit, but it soon goes and doesn`t last long, And the shape comes back afterwards! :Big Grin
they then check to make sure the picture took well, and that`s it, you`re free to go and get changed again!

I have another 2 weeks to wait and then I get my results (takes about 3 weeks they said).

and that`s it really, nothing to worry about at all! Wink

I had my letter with the results of my mammogram today (Loads sooner than they said it would be) and I`m all clear!  Smile 
and that`s basically it. done. at least for another 3 years anyway. xx

(11-10-2017, 10:28 PM)Katie Wrote:  I had my letter with the results of my mammogram today (Loads sooner than they said it would be) and I`m all clear!  Smile 
and that`s basically it. done. at least for another 3 years anyway. xx

What's the minimum size?

I am only 38B, but I feel very wobbly & heavy.

Mammograms on girls at the age of 5?  I think that has to be a typo.  Girls usually don't get much breast tissue before 10 -13 here in the States!

LOL, it`s supossed to say 50, the space is there for the 0 but somehow it`s vanished!?? Huh 

I don`t think there is a minimum size really, or at least nothing written on any of the literature they give you, if they can get it in the machine, they`ll x-ray it basically. they Do squash down hard so your 38B will come out like a D when the pics are taken LOL. xx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon