Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What questions should I ask?

So as i put in my previous post i have my first appt with the endocrinologist next week. So since several of you have had your individual experiences i am looking for advice from you on things i should look for, ask specific questions? 
Thanks everyone!

Luv,
Ali

Really???   It's your money and or insurance.  You have got to have questions, fears, quandaries of you own.  My only suggestion is try not to hold back.  I think it took me like 2 - 3 sessions to feel free enough to really share with my Therapist.  He or she can and will guide you if they do not think you are opening up.

You might be really surprised at yourself.  I feel like the only difference between a life long best friend and my therapist is that my insurance and co-pay makes it so she has the time for me.   LOL   It sounds stupid and silly, but after about 3 months, that's how I felt about my therapist.   And unless you lock yourself out, you will feel the same way.

So relax and enjoy!  It's probably the best that you've spent money on.

(22-09-2017, 04:38 AM)Aria Wrote:  Really???   It's your money and or insurance.  You have got to have questions, fears, quandaries of you own.  My only suggestion is try not to hold back.  I think it took me like 2 - 3 sessions to feel free enough to really share with my Therapist.  He or she can and will guide you if they do not think you are opening up.

You might be really surprised at yourself.  I feel like the only difference between a life long best friend and my therapist is that my insurance and co-pay makes it so she has the time for me.   LOL   It sounds stupid and silly, but after about 3 months, that's how I felt about my therapist.   And unless you lock yourself out, you will feel the same way.

Aria,
Thank you for the response. I do have my questions of my own and fears, thoughts everything. I think I was more looking at getting advice from ya'll regarding after you had your appointments do you wish you would have asked them .... this... or that...things that you may forgot to ask and suggest it to someone new on their journey as they might now have the same questions. I plan on completely opening up I've been harboring this for many years... it's time..my only regret is I didn't do this in my 20's

Ali

(22-09-2017, 05:31 AM)AliP Wrote:  
(22-09-2017, 04:38 AM)Aria Wrote:  Really???   It's your money and or insurance.  You have got to have questions, fears, quandaries of you own.  My only suggestion is try not to hold back.  I think it took me like 2 - 3 sessions to feel free enough to really share with my Therapist.  He or she can and will guide you if they do not think you are opening up.

Aria,
Thank you for the response. I do have my questions of my own and fears, thoughts everything. I think I was more looking at getting advice from ya'll regarding after you had your appointments do you wish you would have asked them .... this... or that...things that you may forgot to ask and suggest it to someone new on their journey as they might now have the same questions. I plan on completely opening up I've been harboring this for many years... it's time..my only regret is I didn't do this in my 20's

Ali

Starting younger?  Me too.  Except I wouldn't of met such a lovely woman, had 4 kids and 11 Grandkids.   It's all a trade off, i'm afraid.....  I asked why after so many years of just cross dressing , do I find it necessary for feminization, why do I feel like I have lied to myself and everyone I am near and dear to....   Oh ya.  See, all of us are NOT that different except to what degrees we want to take things to.

You'll do just fine.  As a matter of fact, I will bet you that you will ask the therapist about that you can't even think of right now.  Or things that you think are too private to chat about...   That's what's so good about a therapist.

Enjoy the things you two will work out and explore.  Even if some things are scary.

(22-09-2017, 08:51 PM)Aria Wrote:  

Aria,

Ali

Starting younger?  Me too.  Except I wouldn't of met such a lovely woman, had 4 kids and 11 Grandkids.   It's all a trade off, i'm afraid.....  I asked why after so many years of just cross dressing , do I find it necessary for feminization, why do I feel like I have lied to myself and everyone I am near and dear to....   Oh ya.  See, all of us are NOT that different except to what degrees we want to take things to.

You'll do just fine.  As a matter of fact, I will bet you that you will ask the therapist about that you can't even think of right now.  Or things that you think are too private to chat about...   That's what's so good about a therapist.

Enjoy the things you two will work out and explore.  Even if some things are scary.

Oh me too, I have three beautiful daughters and two very handsome grandsons. On one side I have me as my male self, my family and then there is the Grand Canyon that is my true feelings and suppressed state of mind and on the other side I have me as Alison, aka Ali. The first half of my life was wonderful and at the same time a blur... this half or less than half of my life I want to be happier so I have to be Evil Kinevil and jump the grand canyon.. I'm either going to make it or not and I'll get broken in to pieces but something has to give.. I'm hurting inside..hard to think about.

Ali

(22-09-2017, 09:43 PM)AliP Wrote:  

Aria,

Ali

Oh me too, I have three beautiful daughters and two very handsome grandsons. On one side I have me as my male self, my family and then there is the Grand Canyon that is my true feelings and suppressed state of mind and on the other side I have me as Alison, aka Ali. The first half of my life was wonderful and at the same time a blur... this half or less than half of my life I want to be happier so I have to be Evil Kinevil and jump the grand canyon.. I'm either going to make it or not and I'll get broken in to pieces but something has to give.. I'm hurting inside..hard to think about.

Ali

Ali, 
As you think of questions, write them down, that way you arentvtrying to remember everything you had previously thought of. Don't forget that you are interviewing the Dr as well as he/she interviewing you. 
I had surgery about 5 years ago and you can bet I talked to a number of Dr before I  decided on who was going to cut me! And it wasn't the first guy I talked to either.
Remember that the guy who passed his Dr exams with a 70% is still called Dr, just like the guy who passed with a 95%.

(23-09-2017, 04:17 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  
(22-09-2017, 09:43 PM)AliP Wrote:  

Aria,

Ali

Ali

Ali, 
As you think of questions, write them down, that way you arentvtrying to remember everything you had previously thought of. Don't forget that you are interviewing the Dr as well as he/she interviewing you. 
I had surgery about 5 years ago and you can bet I talked to a number of Dr before I  decided on who was going to cut me! And it wasn't the first guy I talked to either.
Remember that the guy who passed his Dr exams with a 70% is still called Dr, just like the guy who passed with a 95%.

Thank you Jessica, thats exactly what i do. I have my One Note App and use it often!

I agree, they are your questions, your thoughts and your fears. This meeting needs to be about you and direction your life is going to take. 
Keep in mind, Its not unusual to not get hormones on yiur first visit. A good therapist will make sure they are doing the correct thing for you, so make sure you tell them everything, dont hold anything back.

(23-09-2017, 03:19 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I agree, they are your questions, your thoughts and your fears. This meeting needs to be about you and direction your life is going to take. 
Keep in mind, Its not unusual to not get hormones on yiur first visit. A good therapist will make sure they are doing the correct thing for you, so make sure you tell them everything, dont hold anything back.

My therapist is not the one issuing me the hormones. She has to issue me a letter saying she approves me starting HRT. Then i take that to my endocrinologist dr appt where she will issue me the HRT. 
Ali

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon