Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lactating since 16 months ago

Lactating for already more than 16 months and prolactin levels that are always elevated. 

Should I get myself checked for a prolactinoma? My doctor is convinced that I don't have it while I have never had an MRI.

(27-07-2017, 05:11 PM)Elissa-FinallyAChick Wrote:  Lactating for already more than 16 months and prolactin levels that are always elevated. 

Should I get myself checked for a prolactinoma? My doctor is convinced that I don't have it while I have never had an MRI.

There is concern that there may be prolactinomas, however such drugs as Androcur (based on dosage) have been known to increase prolactin levels., if it is a short term ( a few weeks to month) it may just a passing, however I would have concern if it goes as long as yours. *if* you are using a med like androcur, then the prolactin levels should subside over time if you discontinue them.

so that brings up the question, what is your NBE ? please list what you take, and perhaps one of us can point out the culprit, if there is one....

Do you feel pressure behind your eyes at all? higher prolactin levels can cause eyesight/eye pressure.. and lead to further problems ( not to scare you).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon