Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

'fibrous' male breasts compared to female breasts?

Question 

Hey all!

FIBROUS MALE BREASTS:
So one of the most confusing subjects about guys trying to grow breasts I've seen on here (and Googling) is that
'For genetic males breast growth tends to be more fibrous, which should be monitored closely. (thanks Lotus).

As I understand, it basically means guys who grow breasts are/might be more likely to get breast cancer, and given that's a very important health warning for guys, central to the whole subject here, I felt like it deserves its own thread (researching the forums uncovered only a few mentions of this topic, nothing really comprehensive.)

A little warning on a potential risk/hazard for us guyrls wanting breasts is welcome, but it gets me wondering exactly what the focus point of the problem is? Both women and men are able to grow breasts, and they consist of fat (adipose) tissue, and glandular/lobular tissue which start their growth (as I understand it) as fibers. So therefore, fibrous tissue is present in both female and male breasts, right? Maybe its the fact that GGs already have a small amount of breast fibers present, and for GMs we have to kick start things with some E to get those fibers growing, but we might take too much over time that make the breast too fibrous, i.e dense? So then, how much fibrous tissue should us guyrls be aiming for/is too dangerous? I searched 'breast tissue types' and found this site: http://www.breastcancer.org/risk/factors/dense_breasts

The Breast Imaging Reporting and Database Systems, or BI-RADS, which reports the findings of mammograms, also includes an assessment of breast density. BI-RADS classifies breast density into four groups:
  • Mostly fatty: The breasts are made up of mostly fat and contain little fibrous and glandular tissue. This means the mammogram would likely show anything that was abnormal.

• Scattered density: The breasts have quite a bit of fat, but there are a few areas of fibrous and glandular tissue.

• Consistent density: The breasts have many areas of fibrous and glandular tissue that are evenly distributed through the breasts. This can make it hard to see small masses in the breast.

• Extremely dense: The breasts have a lot of fibrous and glandular tissue. This may make it hard to see a cancer on a mammogram because the cancer can blend in with the normal tissue.
Still, no one method of measuring breast density has been agreed upon by doctors. Breast density is not based on how your breasts feel during your self-exam or your doctor's physical exam. Research has shown that dense breasts:

• can be 6 times more likely to develop cancer

• can make it harder for mammograms to detect breast cancer; breast cancers (which look white like breast gland tissue) are easier to see on a mammogram when they're surrounded by fatty tissue (which looks dark)
_6_ times??! Eeeek! Well, I think 'consistent' should be the category we hope for, I like the use of 'evenly' there!  Smile
What does everyone else think? Do you have enough fibers, or want a little more?

So I guess if we have too much fibers it's possible for guys to get fibroadenoma? On our Sister site, I found a few ladies there (Jul, Noodlez, Athena, aimingford, Frutie) had gotten this, as Jul described it; "a benign (non-cancerous) breast tumor that is made of glandular and fibrous breast tissue. [They] are very common in premenopausal women, and they can occur in groups. These lumps feel solid and smooth, and are usually not troublesome." She also thinks they 'feed off' E? (so taking phytos like PM would just make them worse?  Sad )

Also, just about every website on female breast development mentions progesterone for gland/tissue growth, and I've always thought it was for us guyrls too, but I found one site that seriously questions the need for P for MtF TS's,
http://www.tgforum.com/wordpress/index.p...velopment/

As always, I'd love to know what Lotus thinks about the use of P in general (I know shes used it), and what weight (if any) she puts behind their anti-p points? I don't think I agree with some of their points (9, 12, 18), but what do I know compared to the encyclopedic knowledge of Lotus!  Tongue

Sorry for the long post, but when I think about things, boy do I go deep! Cant wait for peoples feedback!

Auzi

I wonder sometimes why these cancer statistics are exaggerated and wrong.  I had family members who had breast cancer.  Yes fibrous tissue is an issue.  But the only real issue is genetics.  Breast size is not a factor. Gender is not a factor. When a male gets a breast tumor the doctors actually make the breast tissue grow so the cancer can be removed easier.  So if you have cancer in the family have a genetic screening and then a biopsy, I did.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon