Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Life get's interesting

o.k..  Them "labels" IMO are belittling, condescending and full of you know what.  Sorry, if I misread your statement.  My thought is when going from white to black, from transexual to "normal", there are just so many different shades the human perception can handle.  When a person makes up shades that are very hard to discern the differences.... that just causes allies and transgender all kinds of havoc.  It helps no one.  I even think some of the lexicons are are used in the psychiatric world is too defining in scope for anyone other than the egg heads who profess the very terms.

I have never liked to label others, and I would not wished to be either.

Moving back to the original topic......I too hate labels, I am just me with all the good and bad that goes with that!

This quote from trainspotting seems most apt (and its not the one your likely thinking of):

“...By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be...”

As someone who perhaps hasnt lived as full a life as I might have in the past, this to me is making my life feel as complete and enjoyable as possible, I have to say so far life has certainly got more interesting in the past 17 months since I started!

Whilst there is absolutely nothing wrong with being normal....that isnt what I ever envisaged in life.  I always knew I was never cut out to be normal its just taken a while to find out in what way! By normal I mean sticking to societies expectations rather than bucking the trend and being different.

Megan

(28-05-2017, 05:59 AM)Aria Wrote:  I have never liked to label others, and I would not wished to be either.

Likewise...I really can't believe how some people thrive on and cling to silly labrls

The intention of my post was not about labels at all, but rather about the variety of "colours" that make each of us individual. I apologize if I wasn't clear  Big Grin

(29-05-2017, 06:21 AM)Shawna-lee Wrote:  The intention of my post was not about labels at all, but rather about the variety of "colours" that make each of us individual. I apologize if I wasn't clear  Big Grin

Arent these colors as you describe them come from a combination of the labels listed in the first post?

And isnt it our intrests, tastes, opinions, style, etc. that truly makes us unique?

Not trying to hijack the thread ....just musing here.....

I took the meaning of the OP to be that there are so many labels describing every niche that in the end it's meaningless. Sexuality covers a full spectrum and is as individual as each person. 

I'm a hetero male but I've always had a strong fem side. Reconciling these 2 sides has been a long hard struggle in the binary world I grew up in but now that I have I feel like I've become a better person, more open, centered. So yes, life is more interesting.

Here's a thought I had recently to go along with this...When buying clothes why are we still being presented with rigid gender choices? Women's shirts, men's shirts? Hey they're shirts fer cryin' out loud, we all have two arms and a neck, why can't I just choose whatever shirt makes me feel comfortable? Granted there are some slightly different anatomies involved but 90+% of shirts would fit either gender. Wouldn't it be cool to walk into the local Target and see a sign that just said 'Shirts' or 'Shoes' separated by sizes only with no gender references.

And how did skirts get designated 'women only', what a rip! Angry I think I look damn good in a skirt but I'm not ready to do battle with all judgement that would come from me wearing one to work. Maybe someday...

-Ig

Around, I am with you.  Men wore skirts clear up till the exploration period of history.  Ex.  1500's.  Mother's still put both sexes in pinafores till they were about 4 or 5.  Still did till about 1920's.  But shame on a man who wears a ruffled shirt, unless he's going to a formal or belongs to some rock band....  Rather he be sexually straight, gay or somewhere between.  It's clothing, that's all!!

It's funny that you bring that up aroundthebend; whenever someone mentions that something I'm wearing or using is for women, a pair of jeans for example, I ask the person if they think the jeans would mind if a male wore them. They usually don't know what to answer.

(30-05-2017, 06:46 AM)Shawna-lee Wrote:  It's funny that you bring that up aroundthebend; whenever someone mentions that something I'm wearing or using is for women, a pair of jeans for example, I ask the person if they think the jeans would mind if a male wore them. They usually don't know what to answer.

Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon