Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fence Hopping

The Fence
Been musing again lately ,
What is this illustrious fence we all keep alluding too ? and where is it drawn ?
Is partial transition the fence ie, breasts grown and presenting as Male ?
Mr Happy does not work any more ? is fence crossed ?
If by disclosure to others your TG identity , is the fence crossed ?
Think we would all agree that growing breasts , mr happy not working, and presenting female, yes fence hopped ,
Even those who live twin worlds, happily working as male and socializing as females, fence hopped ?, I don’t think so ?
So all, where In your view is this fence and how will you know or acknowledge to yourself that its been hopped,
Julie

I personally find this metaphor quite useless. But good food for thought, Julie.
It seems for me the fence is hopped when a critical mass of my acquaintances and neighbours and coworkers etc. have and remember and share the thought: "Look at him, he thinks he's a woman. Was always different, but  this....? Far gone, man." 
Quite telling about my innermost fears Cool 
I don't know if I've hopped or not...Smile

Interesting thoughts Julie, really...

This "fence" is really ill-defined concept. Or rather, its definition is vague.

I always understood it as the full acceptance of one's femininity and decision to pursue full transition. Or, in other words, it is that moment when one says: "I am woman, I want to live my life as a woman," and begins to follow steps to make that change.

Poly

(08-05-2017, 07:35 PM)polymorphis Wrote:  Interesting thoughts Julie, really...

This "fence" is really ill-defined concept. Or rather, its definition is vague.

I always understood it as the full acceptance of one's femininity and decision to pursue full transition. Or, in other words, it is that moment when one says: "I am woman, I want to live my life as a woman," and begins to follow steps to make that change.

Poly

Poly,

Definitely agree the fence could be any number of things it is I guess different depending on the subject. 

There are almost many different fences - the start HRT one, the coming out one etc.......

I guess your interpretation is about where I am, when I dont have any more doubt about things and I know what I want to do and that it is something I really want.  Have already been making the steps so maybe I crossed the fence sometime ago but didnt realise it!

Megan

The fence is about where YOU decide to place it Julie.  I'm sure that everyone has a fence placed at where it makes them happy.  No one can tell you, or should you let them tell you what makes YOU happy.
Information 

I'm reminded of this powerful quote from Emerson:

...Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds...With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall.

Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.

Don't take things too seriously some times, its a message board, you can't read things like sarcasm or tone of a post. No need to go into deep thought over a fictitious reference to a "fence" in terms of gender.

(09-05-2017, 01:53 AM)shaneny Wrote:  Don't take things too seriously some times, its a message board, you can't read things like sarcasm or tone of a post. No need to go into deep thought over a fictitious reference to a "fence" in terms of gender.

There are no fences or closets in my mind just inhibitions, fear, anger, and hope.

(09-05-2017, 06:35 PM)BillyBoy_Delano Wrote:  
(09-05-2017, 01:53 AM)shaneny Wrote:  Don't take things too seriously some times, its a message board, you can't read things like sarcasm or tone of a post. No need to go into deep thought over a fictitious reference to a "fence" in terms of gender.

There are no fences or closets in my mind just inhibitions, fear, anger, and hope.

Yeah, I kinda agree with that thought. 
Trying to transition, whilst presenting as male, holding onto family, friends and a job.

remember the golden rule. the fence is a lie.

you make the rules, people around you just tell you there opinions.

Months before I started actually transitioning, I was gendered female(nbe, pre-hrt), did I suddenly "oops, I'm a woman now. I need to act like one. I crossed into the neighbors yard, of boobs, and Pms"  no, I took it as a compliment that the feminity I sought was reached. 

the fence was hopped, so to speak the momenT I realised. I'm much happier as eden, I'm much happier, feeling, looking and be accepted as a woman. that is who I am.

then I started HRT, I started transitioning. because I knew, it wasn't just breast or a feminine body I sought. it was to be accepted as a woman.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon