Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Shower products

What type of products do you use in the shower when taking a shower and how do you wrap your towel? I use mostly male shampoos and regular dove soap and wrap the towel around my waist. Want get female shampoo though.

I use loreal total repair 5  shampoo and conditioner. My hair is below my shoulders and I find the loreal works best for me.
I also use Mane and Tail.
As for soap I use zest or Irish Spring, Then moisturize with the Nivea in shower moisturizer. In the winter I will use Aveeno when I am done, on my legs to keep them from drying so much.
I have a long shower wrap so no towel. like this one
https://www.simplybe.com/en-us/products/...12%2F14%7C
Bobbi

(10-03-2017, 09:56 PM)Happyme Wrote:  I use loreal total repair 5  shampoo and conditioner. My hair is below my shoulders and I find the loreal works best for me.
As for soap I use zest or Irish Spring, Then moisturize with the Nivea in shower moisturizer. In the winter I will use Aveeno when I am done, on my legs to keep them from drying so much.
Bobbi
OH nice I use aquaphor cream cause I have a skin condition. I do want try palmer's cocoa butter shampoo though towel wise I love showing my boobs off lol

Probably brands you can only get in UK/Europe but I normally use Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner - massive bottles are often on offer for £2 each - mind you I wash my hair everyday so doesnt last long.....currently using a volumising shampoo - my hair is soooo thick at the moment.  I just tend to buy that if its on offer - but do try other brands.  For shower gels I just tend to buy whatever is on offer - but for ages have used nice smelling ones mainly because I found them better on the skin.  Now they tend to complement my female body smell as welll!

For the towel definitely the waist once I have got the excess water out of the hair - mainly because I can suck my waist in a little more - and because once the top half is dry I can apply skin lotion to the top half.......sometimes get a little distracted doing that!

To be honest since being single I havent used male shampoos and shower gels - I used to have to use an anti-dandruff one - but estrogen seems to have stopped the dandruff - possibly reduced DHT in the scalp?

Megan

(10-03-2017, 09:56 PM)Happyme Wrote:  I use loreal total repair 5  shampoo and conditioner. My hair is below my shoulders and I find the loreal works best for me.
Bobbi

Bobbi,
That towel wrap is cute. I want to get the pink one.

I have thinning hair and oily skin with past acne scarring.  I use L'Oreal Daily Thickening shampoo and conditioner.  I used it for may years and the top of my head has improved thickness.  I use Neutragena clarifying soap.  For acne scarrs I use any genaric vitamin e cream.

"Male shampoo"? "Female shampoo"? What's life like in the 1950s? I don't recall ever noticing gender-specific shampoos. I just grab a bottle and check out. Perhaps you're overthinking this. But, then, I was using "Long and Silky" shampoo for my shoulder-length hair in the 1970s before setting it in my Goodie jumbo brush rollers. After awhile you'll just think of things as "shampoo" or whatever.

(19-03-2017, 06:21 PM)Wannabe Wrote:  "Male shampoo"? "Female shampoo"? What's life like in the 1950s? I don't recall ever noticing gender-specific shampoos. I just grab a bottle and check out. Perhaps you're overthinking this. But, then, I was using "Long and Silky" shampoo for my shoulder-length hair in the 1970s before setting it in my Goodie jumbo brush rollers. After awhile you'll just think of things as "shampoo" or whatever.

Whilst the products aren't gender specific the marketing certainly is as is the product placement in most shops.

For example the 'male' shower gels are located with the male products like razors in my local supermarket. The shampoo is granted all located together but there are certain brands where the advertising is aimed at females not males.

Whilst its definitely not how I see things it is easier at attach those labels to them. Although I hate how everyone and everything these days has to have a label.

Advertising has a lot to do with how products are perceived and perhaps perceptions as to who buys certain products and brands.

Megan

(20-03-2017, 01:57 AM)MeganJ Wrote:  
(19-03-2017, 06:21 PM)Wannabe Wrote:  "Male shampoo"? "Female shampoo"? What's life like in the 1950s? I don't recall ever noticing gender-specific shampoos. I just grab a bottle and check out. Perhaps you're overthinking this. But, then, I was using "Long and Silky" shampoo for my shoulder-length hair in the 1970s before setting it in my Goodie jumbo brush rollers. After awhile you'll just think of things as "shampoo" or whatever.

Whilst the products aren't gender specific the marketing certainly is as is the product placement in most shops.

For example the 'male' shower gels are located with the male products like razors in my local supermarket. The shampoo is granted all located together but there are certain brands where the advertising is aimed at females not males.

Whilst its definitely not how I see things it is easier at attach those labels to them. Although I hate how everyone and everything these days has to have a label.

Advertising has a lot to do with how products are perceived and perhaps perceptions as to who buys certain products and brands.

Megan

You said everything I wanted to say it's all in how products are placed in stores and the type of marketing for it. What is a good brand that has cocoa butter in their shampoos?

(20-03-2017, 02:14 AM)Growingboobs23 Wrote:  
(20-03-2017, 01:57 AM)MeganJ Wrote:  

Megan

You said everything I wanted to say it's all in how products are placed in stores and the type of marketing for it. What is a good brand that has cocoa butter in their shampoos?

Hi growingboobs,

Am in the uk so brands might differ but I have seen a palmers one and there's also a herbal essences one too.

Found some nice cocoa butter shower gel yesterday but can't say I'd want the smell on my hair!

If you can get it we have a brand called Aussie over here that although expensive smells really nice just doesnt tend to be on offer that much!

Megan

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon