Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Before I Fall?

I hope this comes off as Sensible rather than pesimistic, for the past 3 months I`v been living almost full time as myself, and recently I`v even started going Out as myself too, in fact unless it`s something to do with my kids school or my wifes parents I`m never Not myself.

Now things have going absolutely Perfectly so far, and each time I go out, or have an encounter with someone new my Confidence gets much better, it Grows if you like. But I know this wont always be the case and I also know that in all probability the slightest knock and I`ll be right down to bottom again or lower, and probably rethink this whole Trans thing (I over react sometimes).

So what I`m wondering, is since this is an almost inevitability, is there Anything I can do now Before it happens that will lessen the blow, or even use it to empower me? perhaps a mindset or way of looking at things that I can try and adopt now Before I get knocked down.

Ever had that feeling when things are going well, almost Too well? that "Too good to be True feeling"? well I`v learned to trust that [Image: default_smile.png]

I`d like to get as many opinions and advice as I can about this, so how would You deal with it?

I guess you'll have to love and accept yourself enough in order to be able to take insults/discrimination.
Otherwise, that bad stuff will resonate with your inner insecurities.

I believe that the worst enemy is yourself  Big Grin

Having said that, don't walk into a gathering of homophobic closet males.
I always avoid the groups I know of that don't tolerate my existence back in university.

That is my problem, not that I want to live full time as female but would like to move seamlessly between both worlds.  The only positives I can tell right now, is that I do not have a large Adam's Apple and my shape is shifting with PM.  I am hopeful that the shape shifting really comes about when I start HRT this month.

I think the fact of waiting for "the other shoe to drop" is quite normal, in fact if you didn't worry that would be a worse concern.  Maybe if you talk to a gender therapist???   There maybe another underlying fact that is worrying you?

I hope you work it out for in some ways I feel the same fear as you.  The only difference is If I fail as an acceptable woman, it's not the end of the world for me, just a damper.

it isn`t about any other issues so much as this area if full of homophobic, xenophobic grunts.
I`v had run0ins with some when I was full time male before I even knew I was trans just for walking to the shop!
they just seem to hang around litterally Looking for trouble.
Being clocked would probably be Fatal!

and yet I do it anyway.

Others will just throw nasty remarks, and saying anything smart ass back to them would Then instigate violence. How do I deal with the remarks if I get any?

(29-11-2016, 07:21 PM)Katie Wrote:  it isn`t about any other issues so much as this area if full of homophobic, xenophobic grunts.
I`v had run0ins with some when I was full time male before I even knew I was trans just for walking to the shop!
they just seem to hang around litterally Looking for trouble.
Being clocked would probably be Fatal!

and yet I do it anyway.

Others will just throw nasty remarks, and saying anything smart ass back to them would Then instigate violence. How do I deal with the remarks if I get any?

That's rough, these people are dangerous.

I try to ignore them, but some guys won't let you walk away while ignoring their cusses.
Always keep moving and it helps to fake a phone call so they know you have an outside avenue of help.

There was once when I felt in danger and cornered, so I bolted.

In the end...it really isn't that bad.  I've have off handed remarks made to me by rude people back in the day but I get mad and have my moment and then move on. It's not worth tearing ypurself down over someone else's ignorance.  It's o.k. to be upset..just don't let it ruin you.

Thats the problem I would have if I ever went full time.
I may look the female part, and really want to feel the female part, but when some a++hole pisses me off, well then the panties are off and The ball bat come out of the car. At times like these its way more fun to be male.
Bobbi
Probably not the best advice but when I'm pissed I'm PISSED.

Ah Bobbi

You crack me up

You really really do

Lol

X

Julie

Glad to spread some joy in the world Julie.
And since we have a new politically incorrect president on the way.
I think there are more opportunities to call it like it is.
Bobbi

I try to look at it as why should I let some stranger affect who I know that I am?  If they choose to be that petty, mean, immature and selfish, what they think of me is totally irrelevant to me, and they really don't want to know what I think of them.  They have not earned the right to criticize me, or anybody else.  

I don't mean this in an angry or nasty way, but why should I give someone like that any credibility to affect my thoughts negatively?  
In short, I don't really care what they think, and just let it roll off like water on a duck's back.  The problem is in them, not you.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon