Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My Gender Doctor

As promised, my lab results!!!

Now read carefully, it's teribly interesting stuff....   ROFL Big Grin

Estrogen:     110
Testosterone:      45
Prolactin:     12

The other lab results would be boring to everyone , except me...   Potassium, Sodium, etc, ect.

He does not want to increase anything quite yet due to my medical history, age, etc !!     Sad Angry  His way of thinking is that I asm right at the level of a CIS woman, my age....  I think I will Biaotch slap him the next time I see him.....  He should know better than to talk about a ladies age that way!!! Smile

I told him, that I really don't feel like I have made a lot of progress in the last 6 months.  He asked me to set another appointment up in 60 days, and if I still felt that way, we could explore maybe going a little higher on E at that point.  Oh Well!!
Rainbow 

O.K. all.   When I first went looking for a GD (Gender Doctor) closer to me than Iowa City....  I attended about 3 LGBTQ support group meetings.  There was 2 people, places that often came up in the discussions....

Yes, State of Iowa University Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa....  which is about 2.25hrs drive from my city.  Now, in the summertime, it's a beautiful drive.  But in winter on I-80, it can be very treacherous.  And if you miss your appointment at the LGBTQ Clinic, it can be 5 months before you get another!!   Not cool !

So, yes..  Like most I was hopeful to find a qualified doctor just a wee bit closer to home.  

Dr. Joseph Freund was the 2nd name that always came up.  And not just always secondly either.  Everyone that knew of him had nothing but glowing reports and a sincere affection for this Doctor.  So, I did some looking around...  You know, asked my GP, Google, Bing and Iowa Care One.

Other than finding out he taught at Des Moines University of Medicine, he was also a Doctor on the board of one of our best local hospitals!!   Then I found this article.....https://acpinternist.org/archives/2013/01/GLBT.htm  .  Many told me he was very active in many organizations that dealt with LGBTQ community...  But, I also found out that he was one of the founding advisors for putting together care and medical standards for LGBTQ conference!  

What a jewel I found, and he practices just 2 miles from where I live!!!

So, have heart.  Ask questions, join your local LGBTQ organization, even just for a few months...  Look around, ask questions and do your research.  You may find a Gem and a Jewel that's been hidden from your view as well..

I hope this helps a lot of our New Friends here on BN.

I had my checkup today with my G.D.  Checked my rear end, hips and breasts and said I was "coming along" nicely.  He asked me if I had any questions or concerns.  The only things I could think of was lack of drive and initiative, and also the fact that my breasts have only gained about 1/8 " in the last 2 months.

He asked me a couple of more questions like any chest, leg or unusual pains, I said no.  He then said that he would up me to 2 full .1mg patches...  HURRAY!!!   So, with script in hand, I went and received them.  I will probably post updated pictures in the next couple of days showing where I am right now.  For two reasons.....  One to see if I gain any progress quicker on new dose rate.....  And Secondly since it's been awhile!

both T or E look low enough even combined to cause you problems with your get-up-and-go, it happens a lot to post-op girls as well, they have no E for about  6weeks prior, then lose their only way of producing their own hormones and still have to wait a while before they can resume E again! it really leaves you insanely exhausted even with simple things. low Hormones really kicks your ass in terms of energy levels.
hopefully upping ypur E will make ths a little better, and then even better still when you`re on a full dose.
my T is almost Zero, but my E is right up there and I feel a teenager! both in terms of energy and physical health, and at 50 years of age, having no age related aches and pains is awesome! Big Grin

Do you have the sex drive of a teenager as well ??

Lol

Instant Katie blush

X

Julie

OMG! you get worse! Blush LOL

Love ya

X

Julie

(03-01-2018, 09:09 PM)Katie Wrote:  both T or E look low enough even combined to cause you problems with your get-up-and-go, it happens a lot to post-op girls as well, they have no E for about  6weeks prior, then lose their only way of producing their own hormones and still have to wait a while before they can resume E again! it really leaves you insanely exhausted even with simple things. low Hormones really kicks your ass in terms of energy levels.
hopefully upping ypur E will make ths a little better, and then even better still when you`re on a full dose.
my T is almost Zero, but my E is right up there and I feel a teenager! both in terms of energy and physical health, and at 50 years of age, having no age related aches and pains is awesome! Big Grin

That was the judgement of my G.D. as well.  I complained to him about no "Get up and Go"..  The house could burn down around me and I would have to think about it for a bit... Rolleyes  That's the major reason he up'd my E.

Went to another G.D appointment last Thursday......  He up'd me to 3 full patches and suggested that maybe I place them higher on my abdomen thinking maybe my pubic bone area is not absorbing it quick enough.  My Estrogen count was lower than before I went to .100mg x 2 patches.  WTH???   Oh well..  will try 3 full and move all to different body location.

I thought since this is more of a technical thread, and I think I've posted this before......, al be it a long time ago...  Here is my latest Trans Log screen..  The "Tell of the Tape" as it were.

I can see and feel the difference more than these stats show, although they are pretty dramatic in some instances.  Especially considering I am only using Spiro, and Estradiol Patches.  I was taking Progesterone tablets, but the doctor thought the blood workup last time was a little skewed and suggested I drop the P....  Oh well!

Any questions, please ask or for that matter comments too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon