Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Going Legal

I think it may have been easier for me, because I haven't had a gp since I was seeing a pediatrician.

So yeah, no personal connections for me to deal with, I was just able to be straight with him and say exactly what I was looking for.

Looks like that approach worked, because I had my pills about 24 hours later.

(14-10-2016, 10:07 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I can see oming out to our own doctors being a traumatic experience ( and it was ). But the gender doctor I would'nt have thought should be a problem, after all they know exactly why you are there.  All you are going for is to ask for the medication to take all your pain and GD feelings away.  ( It's estrogen and spiro ).
I cried after telling my family doctor, I felt like a weight had been lifted. I was smiling after the gender Dr's visit. My journey was beginning.

I am sure your feelings during and after. the visit will be similar.

Good luck.

Oh I know, it nothing he hasn't seen or experienced before.  It's just hoping you get accepted into the program or not and still somewhere in you mind is the .....  "Am I doing the right thing?" at the last minute.   It's akin to falling in love, but still unsure about marriage or even living together type of thing, is the closest thought I can think of.

(14-10-2016, 05:37 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(14-10-2016, 10:07 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I can see oming out to our own doctors being a traumatic experience ( and it was ). But the gender doctor I would'nt have thought should be a problem, after all they know exactly why you are there.  All you are going for is to ask for the medication to take all your pain and GD feelings away.  ( It's estrogen and spiro ).
I cried after telling my family doctor, I felt like a weight had been lifted. I was smiling after the gender Dr's visit. My journey was beginning.

I am sure your feelings during and after. the visit will be similar.

Good luck.

Oh I know, it nothing he hasn't seen or experienced before.  It's just hoping you get accepted into the program or not and still somewhere in you mind is the .....  "Am I doing the right thing?" at the last minute.   It's akin to falling in love, but still unsure about marriage or even living together type of thing, is the closest thought I can think of.

The thing I found under PM, is it gave your body some the estrogen it desired. Then when your around your male friends or work mates, you think WTF am I doing. I a ducking male, I shouldn't be thinking like this. Then I took a break and felt suicidal. 
Under bio estrogen, those WTF feelings are still there, but I no longer hate what I see in the mirror. 

That to me is a big step forward. 

However, I still wish I didn't feel like this. I just want to feel normal in my own skin.

Ok, I`m starting to feel a little bit nervous now! in less than 24 hours time it will be over and done, and then it`s be the Next thing (whatever that mgiht be????), I pretty sure that when I go in there and tell her nothing bad`s going to happen, she`s not going to press a secret buzzer under her desk so security can whisk me away to some padded cell and feed me thorazine and largactyl before I have my ECT that`ll leave 2 smoking holes where my eye balls used to be, I`m pretty sure that won`t happen.
I`m pretty sure?

so what am I worried about? I have no idea really but I am.
I`m going to have myself a nice long hot bath (and a shave in case she wants to inspect my chest) and try and figure out what I`m worried about here.

I know I need to do this, and I know I Will do it, but it`s really scary for some reasons I can`t even explain to myself.

*sigh*

Perhaps just fear of the unknown?  It's not like you've ever done this before, so of course you're going to be a little nervous, errr a lot nervous.   Huh   Enjoy your bath and I hope it is a bit calming and soothing.  You know where to find me if you need someone to talk to.

(01-11-2016, 01:52 PM)Katie Wrote:  Ok, I`m starting to feel a little bit nervous now! in less than 24 hours time it will be over and done, and then it`s be the Next thing (whatever that mgiht be????), I pretty sure that  when I go in there and tell her nothing bad`s going to happen, she`s not going to press a secret buzzer under her desk so security can whisk me away to some padded cell and feed me thorazine and largactyl before I have my ECT that`ll leave 2 smoking holes where my eye balls used to be, I`m pretty sure that won`t happen.
I`m pretty sure?

so what am I worried about? I have no idea really but I am.
I`m going to have myself a nice long hot bath (and a shave in case she wants to inspect my chest) and try and figure out what I`m worried about here.

I know I need to do this, and I know I Will do it, but it`s really scary for some reasons I can`t even explain to myself.

*sigh*

Of course it's scary, and exciting at the same time! it's your first step toward becoming the person that you know has been on the inside, but now you are making the changes to the exterior so that they will both jive with each other!
Good luck and know that we gurls on here "got your back"!

didn` have time for a bath, just got back from the hospital, my wife has been admitted Sad
she`s been poorly for a while, but today was something several orders of magnitude worse and the paramedics had to sort her out, we still don`t know what`s causing it and ovarian cancer seems unlikely now, but still hasn`t been ruled out?
my kids are being picked up by the in-laws at 8:30 am, so I`ll have to have my bath in the morning and get a taxi to the doctors and back.

Yes I`m still going!

They`re both tucked up in bed nicely now, and I just need to stop crying (I feel strangely lonely at the moment?)

Oh gosh

Hope wife ok

We're with you in thoughts and for wife

Julie

(02-11-2016, 09:56 AM)julieTG Wrote:  Oh gosh

Hope wife ok

We're with you in thoughts and for wife

Julie

Like wise ...keep us in the loop .. If you can, let her know your friends are thinking of her, and wish her the best for us.

I got a call on the 2`nd Nov at 3:15 am telling me they were going to to have to do emergency surgery to save her life, next day I found out that she had to have 4 foot of intestine removed because a blood clot in a vein had killed it and it had necrotized.
yesterday she went into surgery again to have it re-connected and other areas dealt with too, she`s now out though and in the critical care unit again, but is stable.
needless to say I`v been jugling my time between my kids and having to go up to the hospital and making arrangements for that (I don`t drive), school runs etc... and so have`nt had any time to be here, sorry about that.

I did however get to my appointment and do the deed!
I have no idea what I was so freightened of, she was a lovely lady, full of smiles and a sort of "anything you say is fine" kind of vibe about her.
me... I just walked in there, and said "I don`t quite know how I`m going to put this, so I`m just going to come out and say it... I`1m transgendered and I`v been on female hormones since December last year."
the rest was me just answering questions (very shyly, but Honestly).
I have to go for  blood tests, and then a few weeks after book another appt with her to get the forms filled in for a GIC referal.
I guess the rest is just a case of me doing as I`m told and it should be easy (unless they tell me stop the HRT of course!).

So yes, I`m out and `in the system` so to speak.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon