Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Further Chats with my Therapist

(27-09-2016, 11:04 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Crikey

It is valid thought though

Suppression can kill you

Julie

I know that stress can be a Pandora of many ailments.  But never thought of this.  I thought this was probably one of the better sessions I have had yet.

(27-09-2016, 11:15 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(27-09-2016, 11:04 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Crikey

It is valid thought though

Suppression can kill you

Julie

I know that stress can be a Pandora of many ailments.  But never thought of this.  I thought this was probably one of the better sessions I have had yet.

I fully agree with that.

If suppression worked, which of us would be here ?

True, so true.  I guess my GID was or is my suppression.  I just never put 2 + 2 together.  And if I ever did, it was was 44 not just 4.  I am not sure how to explain it.  But I think I have a better understanding now.

Hot off the press.

My therapist asked me if I ever had regrets trying to feminize.  I told her yes, that a little whisper in my ear every so often.  Like...  "What are you doing?  You are going to turn 62 in a few short days! !"  Then I told her if that doesn't do it, then another thought comes in like......  " What are you doing to your poor wife????  She married a man, not a pansy! !"

My therapist suggested that I had every right to be happy.  That my "Two Spirit" was a fact of life.  That I needed to have a heart to heart chat with my wife to be truly happy.  She was a true believer in when a person has a positive outlook that a person can conquer or at least more able to work through any situation.  And that the physical well being was directly effected as well.

That the reason I go back and forth isn't because of anything other than being conditioned over the years that pretty much everything should or was black and white.  That I had to remember there are shades of grey as well.

Well, that's the short form of our 45 min. session.

Later Friends

Bugger fuck

A few weeks ago that was exactly what I was going too suggest you do

Ie 

Go and have a really in depth talk with your wife
Before the therapist

And then thought better off it ????

Julie

(04-10-2016, 10:19 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Bugger fuck

A few weeks ago that was exactly what I was going too suggest you do

Ie 

Go and have a really in depth talk with your wife
Before the therapist

And then thought better off it ????

Julie

LOL..   I was hoping that the therapist could/would straighten or right the ship, as it were.  I told my wife, that the support group was sort of a waste of time, except giving a name of a few therapist and a local Gender Doctor.  I suggested at the time that I would probably try to find a therapist that had some experience with my problems.  

But, for some reason, it's far easier to discuss the outcomes here, than with her.  It's not that I am trying to hide a secret.  I was just hoping to get my head wrapped around things or announce , for lack of better term, a cure from the therapist.  Does that make sense???

To quote something I'm sure I heard somewhere before from someone wiser than me:

"A therapist can't tell you anything you don't already know"

Doesn't make them useless though. They're basically a friend you pay to talk to you who is guaranteed to keep things confidential.
Talking to friends is really therapeutic.

Referral letters are nice too.

(05-10-2016, 05:57 AM)Th3saurus Wrote:  To quote something I'm sure I heard somewhere before from someone wiser than me:

Doesn't make them useless though. They're basically a friend you pay to talk to you who is guaranteed to keep things confidential.

Yes Thesurus, I think you pretty close to 100%.  At this point, my therapist is at a level I wish my wife was at in that regards.  Sad

(05-10-2016, 05:57 AM)Th3saurus Wrote:  To quote something I'm sure I heard somewhere before from someone wiser than me:

Yes Thesurus, I think you pretty close to 100%.  At this point, my therapist is at a level I wish my wife was at in that regards.  Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon