Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My endo is a moron!

(07-10-2016, 01:54 PM)GamerGuy Wrote:  Yesterday I got on the phone with my Endocrinologist's secretary, and requested an increase on my estrogen from 2mg up to 4mg. Today I am waiting for his response.

Is 4mg sufficient for proper feminization?

PS: I take my estradiol sublingually.

From what I read, 6mg is the amount needed to turn off T production,  however 4 mg E and 50 to 100mg Spiro Will be a good start.

I would be surprised if they upped you to 4mg over the phone. Bloodwork should be done first.

I'm only supposed to be on 2mg ( patchs ), however, I cheat and leave them on, so I could me getting anywere between 3 and 5 depending on the time of the week. 

What brand of tablets are you taking ?

I get Estrace brand estradiol. 2mg pills with the score mark in the center for breaking it in half. My insurance absolutely refuses to cover a cent of it so I pay $5 for a months supply. I break the pill in half and take one half in the morning and the other in late afternoon. I don't even know if Im doing this correctly as I am not getting any results whatsoever. My endocrinologist is an elderly man (70+) with little modern information regarding HRT for MtFs.

P.S.: What exactly is the proper way to take it sublingually?

(07-10-2016, 11:22 PM)GamerGuy Wrote:  I get Estrace brand estradiol. 2mg pills with the score mark in the center for breaking it in half. My insurance absolutely refuses to cover a cent of it so I pay $5 for a months supply. I break the pill in half and take one half in the morning and the other in late afternoon. I don't even know if Im doing this correctly as I am not getting any results whatsoever. My endocrinologist is an elderly man (70+) with little modern information regarding HRT for MtFs.

P.S.: What exactly is the proper way to take it sublingually?

That's how most people seem to have the best success. You could always cheat and order more from an online phamacy.

Are you still using Reish or WP ?

I thank you dearly for your input, Janet. No Im only using Spironolactone and Estradiol. I've been saving up for some reishi for DHT blocking but I just lost my job yesterday. But that's another story for another topic. Massage and binaural beats/isochronic tones are all else I have.

A cheap solution to lowering the bioavailability of DHT is to add slices lemons to water (6-8 cups of water per day w/2 lemon wedges (1/4 size). I take roughly what you are taking (or at least in the beginning) you don't need to cheat by adding DIY hormones. Change metabolism habbits and plasma estradiol goes up, green tea also raises E2. There's many other options that's available.

(08-10-2016, 02:51 AM)GamerGuy Wrote:  I thank you dearly for your input, Janet. No Im only using Spironolactone and Estradiol. I've been saving up for some reishi for DHT blocking but I just lost my job yesterday. But that's another story for another topic. Massage and binaural beats/isochronic tones are all else I have.

Sorry about the job loss, hopefully you will find something soon.

I went out to the grocers and picked out a few lemons, and as it turns out, sugarless lemon water is far more palatable than I had thought it would be. Smile Special thanks to Lotus for that.

Thank you Janet for your condolences

P.S.: I think a $6 bottle of reishi might be cheaper in the long run...

Hey Gamerguy, sorry to hear about your job loss, I never seem to catch you in good times.  I hope you're able to find a new job quickly, if that is what you are desiring.

As for sublingual of the E, basically place it under your tongue, and let it sit there till it dissolves.  Since you're doing half the tablet it usually should take about 10-15 minutes for it to completely dissolve.  I usually have nothing left over, sometimes I check too soon.   Dodgy   I usually keep my mouth sealed tight and my tongue firmly down on the pill.  Big Grin

I was doing the lemon water too when I was working at the office, now being at home I find I am being lazy about it and not making it.   Dodgy   But yes, it is surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be as well.  

Best of luck!!

Thank you Sofia, I can't seem to catch myself during good times either lol. I've changed my forum title to "Murphy's Law Incarnate" to reflect on my luck in life. Murphy's Law states "What can go wrong, will"

Thanks for your tips, I've also heard somewhere about spitting and not swallowing the remainder of the pill. Why anyone would do that is beyond me...

(10-10-2016, 08:05 PM)GamerGuy Wrote:  Thank you Sofia, I can't seem to catch myself during good times either lol. I've changed my forum title to "Murphy's Law Incarnate" to reflect on my luck in life. Murphy's Law states "What can go wrong, will"

Thanks for your tips, I've also heard somewhere about spitting and not swallowing the remainder of the pill. Why anyone would do that is beyond me...

The pill that desolved in your mouth is a strong estrogen, that goes straight into your blood stream. The excess that goes through your liver gets changed to a weaker estrogen. ( lotus may know, I do not recall the actual names of the top of my head. ) you don't want the weaker estrogen blocking the receptors.  Kinda the same reason we do not take PM and estrogen.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon