Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How does the Patch female birth control effect men

I read a lot of mtf transexuals take female birth control pills which are packed with Estrogen. I looked into the newest birth control the Patch it is worn for 3 weeks and has 35 mg of Estrogen and Progesterone which is a high amount. This use of birth control is usually seen as a starting point for mtf transgenders.

Contraceptive skin patch
The transdermal patch is an adhesive patch [about 1.75 in.(4.4 cm)] that is prescribed by your health professional. You can wear it on your lower abdomen, buttocks, or upper arm. Each patch releases estrogen and progestin through your skin for 7 days. Over a 4-week period, you use 1 patch per week for 3 weeks, then no patch for 1 week. During this week, you have your menstrual period.

Before I asked I checked by searching here with no answers. How does the Patch female birth control effect men ?

I read doctors give the patch because it is more effective than pills and is better for the liver. But it is more expensive. But the birth control might be cheaper.

Additional information was released from the FDA in late 2005 to warn patients and health care providers that the patch exposes a woman to more than 60% more estrogen than the birth control pill. This increased level of estrogen can lead to risks such as blood clots, strokes and heart attacks.

Wow lots of estrogen.

But there are side effects:

Women who wish to use the birth control patch should seek additional consultation with their physician if they are experiencing any of the following medical concerns:

Depression
Diabetes
High blood pressure
High risk for heart disease
History of blood clotting conditions
History of liver disease

I don't think I could take this I have diabetes, hbp, bipolar. Yikes.

This costs 100 for 2 months pretty close to herbal costs. But herbs have less side effects.

That's just one of the many reason's to be under doctor's guidance when dealing with the "hard stuff".

When I read up on this the main ingredient is estradol. I discovered I suffer from illnesses that are not compatible with estradol. So just herbs for me.

That's too bad Billy. That just takes an option or 2 away. Sad

(28-08-2016, 11:24 PM)iaboy Wrote:  That's just one of the many reason's to be under doctor's guidance when dealing with the "hard stuff".

Well technically speaking even with herbal supplements one should seek counsel from ones Doctor. Ya never know what effects they could have in regards to other medications or with one another. Wink

(28-08-2016, 08:31 PM)BillyBoy_Delano Wrote:  I read a lot of mtf transexuals take female birth control pills which are packed with Estrogen. I looked into the newest birth control the Patch it is worn for 3 weeks and has 35 mg of Estrogen and Progesterone which is a high amount.

35mg may sound a lot, but that will be the total amount of the patch. Did it mention the daily release rate ?
If we divide 35/15 we get 2.33 mg daily. An effective transition amount is between 4 and 6 mg a day. At that amount Spiro and Fin are not required, long time use of those AA`s carry their own health issues.

Estrogen has also changed in the last few years, we only use bio identical hormones now, blood clots ect are mostly a thing of the past.

2.33 mg daily with (say) WP should be an effective starting point.

To put things in perspective, my prescription is 2×100 estrodot patch every 3.5 days.

(29-08-2016, 01:18 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Estrogen has also changed in the last few years, we only use bio identical hormones now, blood clots ect are mostly a thing of the past.

ethinyl estradiol has been the big culprit in clotting. That stuff is mega potent and sticks around for a long long time. There's a reason why birth control pills have an amount that's in the tenths of a micro-gram per pill. Seriously potent stuff and the dangerous side effects to match even slightly too high of a dose.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon